assx95

Help: There was a moment where I became a glass bottle, but then now i can't do it

19 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I was following "How to get enlightened" video of Leo, and I was trying to locate "I", there was a moment where there was a realization that the body and the inner voice, is a perception just like the glass bottle which I was aware of, and then instead of being so attached with the body, I identified with the glass bottle. And it felt like all of reality is tightly glued together, and there isn't a separation at all, and there was no "I" to be found, just perceptions. 

I tried to do it again, and failed. When I become aware, I get lost. And I am not aware that I am aware. And then when I am able to become aware, the body confuses me. The inner voice confuses me too. And then I ask as suggested : Who is aware of the voice " I am aware", but still I keep looking for the self, and it frustrates me, that I cannot find it, and there was no experience of being one with everything either. But If that isn't how you do it, how do you do it? 

Take a mild pyschedilc and try again, if you are of maturity and age.

One.

Not two.

Think about it ..?

@Godishere I am quarantined, and where I live, psychs are not available so easily. I have done it 4 years ago, and back then, the trip was all about survival and the beauty of reality. And the symbol of onenness- Ouroboros, I was lost in the mind back then. 

Good! Of course you are a glass bottle! You are EVERYTHING.

That was a samadhi.

Sounds like you ran into some beginner's luck. The first such experience is usually easier then the later ones, because the ego was taken by surprise. Now your ego has wisened up and will actively prevent you from reaching that state again. It's a game of cat and mouse.

Now serious spiritual practice is required to break that ego down. You can't depend on videos to awaken you. I recommend Kriya yoga. See my book list.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, assx95 said:

onenness- Ouroboros, I

Do you mean the snake symbol or the Zen symbol? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@assx95 that's real cool that you are still seeking the spiritual path without, kudos to you.

You don't need them, but as it's been said before, there a spaceship to the moon for a reason. Keep up the self inquiry and good luck!

8 hours ago, assx95 said:

I am quarantined, and where I live, psychs are not available so easily.

That's just not true, if there's a post office and internet, there are drugs, haha.

Ahh... I remember the first time I turned into a coffee table...

The joy and wonder of this journey...

@assx95 You're trying to replicate the experience which comes from thought. Thought can't achieve that since it's only a part of experience. 

You are looking for that which you already are but it's impossible to find it. In a way it's a letting go of outcome and relax into being.

I remember a time when I realized I was a faucet.

And my response was: "Heh.... of course."

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What are the rational wiki people are going to think about stuff like this?

30 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

What are the rational wiki people are going to think about stuff like this?

They don't think very much.

I realized I was a pig and a dumbass one. ;)

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 2021. 06. 08. at 10:45 PM, ivankiss said:

Ahh... I remember the first time I turned into a coffee table...

The joy and wonder of this journey...

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Love this :D

Wish I could see the faces of rationalwiki people as they barge into this thread.

Here's my favorite story from Adyashanti:

I heard the call of a bird outside, and a thought came up from my gut, not from my head: Who hears this sound? The next thing I knew, I was the bird, and I was the sound, and I was the person listening; I was everything. I thought, I’ll be damned. I had tasted this at twenty-five, but there had been so much energy and spiritual byproduct. This time I didn’t get elated. It was just factual. I got up and went into the kitchen to see if I was the stove, too. Yeah, I was the stove. Looking for something more mundane, I went into the bathroom. What do you know: I was the toilet, too. Paradoxically I also realized that I am nothing, less than nothing. I am what is before nothingness. And in the next moment even that disappeared. The “I” disappeared completely. All of this — the oneness, the nothingness, and beyond both oneness and nothingness — was realized in quick succession. It all exists simultaneously.

Edited by nistake

That's a wonderful quote.

But still not Infinity.

I love Adya. I didn't like him at first when I got into spirituality, but over time he became on of my favourite teachers. He and Ralston. I would be very surprised if there is any scandal with Adyashanti ever to surface. He seems like an exceptionaly good human being.

And a normal guy. I like Leo for the same reason, that he has always felt to me like a normal guy and not some elevated persona, like Sadhguru does for example. Although, with Leo I often feel like he is playing these social games of fame, the stuff that pop and rock stars play with you, wealthy famous people in general, I don't know how to name it, but you intuitively distrust some opinions of his on certain topics that relate to social postition. I feel like Adya doesn't play these games.

Jeez, I wish I had the vocabulary to describe it. You know, like when you listen to Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" and you have a thought "My gosh this song is so sinister" completely opposite to the lyrics. Or Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry Be Happy", when he sings "Be happy, I am happy", the fuck you are, of course, you are a millionaire star, I feel like people don't catch this irony, the double-meaning of certain messages. Leo does talk like that too sometimes. Ralston plays this game over-the-top, to exagerration, almost every of his sentences is some meta-trick.

Edited by Girzo

@Girzo Well, I have pretty much the same opinion about Adyashanti, however, he is also capable of playing Zen games sometimes :D

Check out this one:

Besides the Zen games, this is actually a beatiful example of compassion and understanding.