VeganAwake

Emptiness is True Wholeness.

44 posts in this topic

Identification is the root cause of suffering.

The Emptiness is the fullness that you're searching for.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Identification is the root cause of suffering.

The Emptiness is the fullness that you're searching for.

How is the emptiness the fullness?

What is identification?

6 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

How is the emptiness the fullness?

Freedom is really the best description. Freedom from yourself and conditioned society. It's empty of meaning yet overflowing with everything. 

What is identification?

A self-centered illusory experience of a real individual moving through time and trying to find something that was never lost. It's a misunderstanding.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Freedom is really the best description. Freedom from yourself and conditioned society. It's empty of meaning yet overflowing with everything. 

So is the basic logic that this experience as it is right now is the freedom everyone is seeking?

Like right now there is recognition of something happening. But it's not satisfying, blissful etc? But this is still the emptiness you're talking about right? When is it experienced as fullness?

A self-centered illusory experience of a real individual moving through time and trying to find something that was never lost. It's a misunderstanding.

How do you resolve the misunderstanding? I have the sense of being behind the eyes, or at least there's a strong energetic sensation in the head? 

I guess Jim Newman would call this the contracted energy. What is the process of unwinding the contracted energy

Yes. Like, animals don't always have it easy, but they don't conceptualize as in 'poor me'. They don't give meaning to pain or death. They just are, experiencing in that moment without 'thinking' about it. 

3 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

So is the basic logic that this experience as it is right now is the freedom everyone is seeking?

No one is seeking it but yes, the illusory experience of being a separate individual looking for something seems to hide THIS freedom.

Like right now there is recognition of something happening. But it's not satisfying, blissful etc? But this is still the emptiness you're talking about right?

Yes

When is it experienced as fullness?

When it's recognized that the "sense of me" is an illusion there seems to be an energetic shift. The experience that something's missing ends.

How do you resolve the misunderstanding? I have the sense of being behind the eyes, or at least there's a strong energetic sensation in the head? 

I guess Jim Newman would call this the contracted energy. What is the process of unwinding the contracted energy

Well the unfolding can differ, but there seems to usually be an initial glimpse that this "sense of me" may not be as solid as it once was thought to be(kind of like seeing the ox tracks and then the tail etc..). It seems to be such a fascinating glimpse that it continues to be looked at closer and closer.

At least that's what seemed to occur here. And I understand it's frustrating, trust if I knew of a way this forum would be the first to know. ❤

3 hours ago, Natasha said:

Yes. Like, animals don't always have it easy, but they don't conceptualize as in 'poor me'. They don't give meaning to pain or death. They just are, experiencing in that moment without 'thinking' about it. 

Exactly!! ?

They don't conceptualize it as 'lucky me' or give meaning to pleasure and life either.

They just live. ❤

4 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

What is the process of unwinding the contracted energy

Extremely careful, persistent, observation of our direct experience either through mindfulness or inquiry. Usually both are present. Mindfulness could be thought of as experiential inquiry and inquiry demands a mindful mind. Or just sitting and doing nothing at all. There has to be a clear seeing that the aggregates of this self contracted energy  do not form anything called a self. 

A metaphor is this “triangle.” There was never a triangle, only an appearance of one when the shapes a are ‘contracted’ in a certain way. Yet after one sees there is no triangle, you can still observe the lack of triangle even when the aggregates are contracted to form the shape of the triangle. 

To have this type of observation with the self requires an incredibly sharp, attention and awareness. But once it’s seen, the whole insight goes on auto pilot. Poof. 

The fun part is, there’s so much further to go with understanding reality than the illusion of self. The seeking turns into a playing and exploration completely void of attachment or meaning, the purest expression of joy and happiness are now possible even within suffering and pain. Of course, this too takes time to develop, “de-envelope” (uncovering what was always the case) and the typical use of develop (cultivating, training). Both of these developings being direct logical inconsistencies yet the paradox resting as the actuality of how the seeker will find the end of their path to be. An ever unfolding, growing, cultivating dead stop. 

DB80510D-B9C7-409F-9427-4135E5B6CCF3.png

9 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Consilience How does this relate to chakras and opening/feeling into different chakras?

The chakras will open in their own time as a by product of this work. I would leave the chakra opening to the intelligence of the body rather than the intellect. 

I dont know much about chakra openings other than what Ive personally experienced through serious practice, which is they’ll open on their own, in their own time independent of whether Im trying to open them or not. 

Not a yoga expert though. But I can tell you truth doesn’t need fully opened chakras to recognize itself. 

Edited by Consilience

@VeganAwake

is it true to say i am the center of the universe, the divine house of nothing, the luminous singularity from which the absolute infinity spawns?

seems so to me but then again i guess it would huh

@Consilience Okay cool thanks. 

I'd say my practice right now mainly involves bringing attention to the fact that I'm having an experience, breathing into the sensations in my head, and feeling into my lower chakras and energy in my lower body. 

I put off psychs for a few months but now I'm really excited to get back into them. But I want to see if there psychs with a smoother come up like weed, vs lsd and shrroms but we'll see

12 hours ago, gettoefl said:

@VeganAwake

is it true to say i am the center of the universe, the divine house of nothing, the luminous singularity from which the absolute infinity spawns?

seems so to me but then again i guess it would huh

Infinite energy being infinite can seem to localize in the body and feel like an important center point.

This energy seems to be without agenda or meaning behind it.

More like a runaway train.

This energy seems to be real and unreal and completely unknowable ❤

This energy seems to be without agenda or meaning behind it.

More like a runaway train.

Do you think so?  seems very deliberate, intelligent, with a purpose.

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Do you think so?  seems very deliberate, intelligent, with a purpose.

There seems to be a survival strategy engrained within biology such as cells, bacteria, plants, animals, humans struggling and strategizing or adapting for survival(survival instincts).

But also look at natural disasters, for example what happened to the dinosaurs? There's evidence of giant floods thousands of years ago. Maybe a meteor did hit causing an ice age and choking off life. Who really knows right.

Seems random here but what do I know.

There is a lot of randomness, but observe the evolution, from a big bang from which the elementary particles of matter appear out of nowhere, the perfect organization of these to create the elements in the perfect cycles of the stars, governed by stable forces, the appearance spontaneous life, the evolution from the cell to complex animals, the human brain capable of understand all ... more than a train without direction it seems the work of a creative genius with a cosmic power and ambition

Edited by Breakingthewall

46 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

There is a lot of randomness, but observe the evolution, from a big bang from which the elementary particles of matter appear out of nowhere, the perfect organization of these to create the elements in the perfect cycles of the stars, governed by stable forces, the appearance spontaneous life, the evolution from the cell to complex animals, the human brain capable of understand all ... more than a train without direction it seems the work of a creative genius with a cosmic power and ambition

But that belief doesn't take you anywhere. 

There's no real meaning purpose or value behind it.

Whether it's intelligently guided or not doesn't seem to matter in the sense that you don't know how many fingers I'm holding up behind my back or what the neighbor had for breakfast or what's happening at the Quickie Mart in Japan.

The mind just incessantly goes in circles trying to figure THIS out and you end right back at THIS.

If there is a discovery of other planets with habitable life-forms that's what's happening.

If you discover there's a cosmic controller dictating everything that's what's happening.

If you believe this is a computer program designed by complex alien species that's what's happening.

Simply nothing matters absolutely nothing.

It always ends up being just what it is.

Edited by VeganAwake