Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ya know

The Rational Male

19 posts in this topic

Hello - I've just read this book and I'm wondering what the consensus on this forum is regarding the information.

I understand the underlying energy is negative, but disassociating the emotional baggage how effective / useful is this information?

@Leo Gura What is your opinion on it? Can you please tell me what you think of it?

I'm not Leo, but that book changed my entire paradigm of romantic relationships. 

Though the paradigm was wrong. 

The Rational Male is wrong, simply put. 

However, if it moves you away from "blue pill" thinking it's a step in the right direction, but it's extremely flawed. 

I can go in detail if interested, might have to start a different thread for it. 

33 minutes ago, Chew211 said:

I'm not Leo, but that book changed my entire paradigm of romantic relationships. 

Though the paradigm was wrong. 

The Rational Male is wrong, simply put. 

However, if it moves you away from "blue pill" thinking it's a step in the right direction, but it's extremely flawed. 

I can go in detail if interested, might have to start a different thread for it. 

Please do go in detail :) What is wrong with the books ideaology?

I've read some of it, definitely wasn't a fan.

Haha the book teaches men to be rational but actually the whole book, other than the title, did not use the word 'rational' much or at all. 

The book was published in 2013 and most of the stuff and discussions are now readily available on youtube so it's not like it's secret info anymore. Some stuff like having an abundance mindset are also taught in relationships course. The book does go deeper into the extremes though (such as MGTOW Men going their own way which I do not agree totally with). The book is also quite hard to read and it's quite repetitve too. 

9 hours ago, Ya know said:

I understand the underlying energy is negative, but disassociating the emotional baggage how effective / useful is this information?

If you are putting women on a pedestal, this book will try to open your eyes to why you shouldn't be doing that.

It is useful to the extent you realize that women are not more special than you, and you don't need them to be happy or fulfilled. 

Just keep in mind that the book is filtered through the experiences of the author. All his negative experiences with women will create a negative subtone in the way he writes.

@Chew211 Can you tell me why it's wrong?

Legit it's kind of lame of you to throw that out there without elaborating, especially considering it's the entire purpose of the thread. 

@JosephKnecht I'm moreso concerned with the ''truth'' of the book. I had the realization intuitively that my dad is not my actual biological father after contemplating the alpha fucks beta bucks dichotomy, which has been startling but ultimately liberating. 

Essentially he is a loser - a total victim who my mother latched onto to extract resources from. I am nothing like him genetically, and became aware that I was a wolf raised by a sheep which contributed to so much suffering and failure in my life - as I was raised by a loser who taught me how to be a loser.

*Caveat* I'm not using him as a tool to victimize myself, just understanding how my mind came to be what it was and am grateful for extracting myself from the negativity and improving everyday. 

14 minutes ago, Ya know said:

@JosephKnecht I'm moreso concerned with the ''truth'' of the book. I had the realization intuitively that my dad is not my actual biological father after contemplating the alpha fucks beta bucks dichotomy, which has been startling but ultimately liberating. 

Essentially he is a loser - a total victim who my mother latched onto to extract resources from. I am nothing like him genetically, and became aware that I was a wolf raised by a sheep which contributed to so much suffering and failure in my life - as I was raised by a loser who taught me how to be a loser.

Dude, regardless of that even if it's true, your father raised and took care of you. You should take responsibility and care for him.

You must tell your real 'wolf father' that you don't need him and you will rather take care of the one who fed, schooled, took care of you when you were sick.

Edited by hyruga

@hyruga Haha you dont know my dad. He is a fucking LOSER who beat me for no reason growing up, complains every fucking day, drinks constantly and is circling the drain of death.

Did he take care of me? He did the bare fucking minimum

I'd rather know the guy who fucked my mum who gave me his good genes and learn from him, as he actually has something about him that is innately attractive rather than a guy who's needy and requires resources to bribe women to sleep with them.

Not to mention hes homophobic as fuck and I'm gay. 

39 minutes ago, Ya know said:

@Chew211 Can you tell me why it's wrong?

Legit it's kind of lame of you to throw that out there without elaborating, especially considering it's the entire purpose of the thread. 

Because it's long, boyo. I'd rather look lame than write a time consuming post going in depth about the issues with the Rational Male if you just wanted Leo's opinion, or if there wasn't much interest in it. 

@Valach

I'll make a separate thread just cuz it's long. Maybe this weekend when I have time. 

1 hour ago, Peter Miklis said:

It's gonna take you from a guy who doesn't understand women... to a guy who doesn't understand women?

?????????????????

It's Love.

It's very useful book to underpin your thinking from mainstream thinking and to see differences that men and women are not that similar how we were raised to believe to. Bet the only problem is Rollo's constant negativity where he engages in and he definitely doesn't understand all the positive sides of feminism as society is moving towards stage green.

7 hours ago, Ya know said:

Your father seems to be a victim in your mothers' plot. :) 

But you don't have to be a victim. Do not blame your father.

If you need more masculine role models, you can always find some. 

7 hours ago, Ya know said:

There is no "truth" in the book. There are some valid patterns that the author has recognized and he tries to tell them to the blue pilled guys. 

9 hours ago, Ya know said:

@Chew211 Lol you can't type out your thoughts in minutes? Yikes.

Right, so this is what I meant. 

It'd be a long, well though out post, but it'd be wasted on a person with a short attention span like you. 

@Chew211 Which translates to ''I wanted the egoic gratification of posturing myself as someone who had information, yet when asked to demonstrate said knowledge realized they indeed had nothing, which resulted in back pedaling and citing laziness as an excuse to hide behind the fact that they are without knowledge.''

36 minutes ago, Ya know said:

@Chew211 Which translates to ''I wanted the egoic gratification of posturing myself as someone who had information, yet when asked to demonstrate said knowledge realized they indeed had nothing, which resulted in back pedaling and citing laziness as an excuse to hide behind the fact that they are without knowledge.''

It's clear you got your heart broken by someone who promised you information and didn't give it to you, and you're just projecting that onto me. 

Don't worry boyo, I got you.

Just give daddy till the weekend, mkay?