Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Death

12 posts in this topic

What happens when you die exactly? I have listen to Leo talk about death, and read a few things but nothing seems satisfying because I have only memories and experiences of being this one human. No one around me seems to have experience being other people. The universe is so harsh and cruel, why would death be anything different? Why would it be infinite love? Why is this reality I am living so harsh, long, cruel, scary and miserable? Yet, it also contains so much beauty and possibility. Is death anything to worry about in your opinion?

I now I fear getting older, I fear missed opportunities, I fear my present dealing with poor judgements of my past. I have lived life so foolishly I wish I could just start over. This is sort of a cruel existential bind I find myself in. What is death? How can I use death to make life more livable? I feel a lot of fear, a lack of trust and fear of uncertainty with the universe these days. It doesn't seem like a friendly love. It's so, brute. In order to learn anything in this universe we must give so much time to things. But, its not for anything. I find myself suffering so much lately, and for what? Just to die one day? So, what is it? 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Only one way to find out ;)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Thought Art I feel like the feeling of death liberates me. 

I use the idea of death in this manner where whenever I think of death, absolutely everything in life becomes more essential and loving it creates a self love dynamic where I get flashbacks of my childhood and then how precious I was when I was born this helps me to keep a track of what I deeply want. It makes me cherish life even more. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

the idea of death is a great meditation tool. nothing is more contrary to the ego than death. everything you say about fear of getting old, wasting your life, etc., is pure ego. There is nothing like a good or bad life, only the present moment, free of judgment. if you stick in the present and free the mind of thoughts, the fear of death disappears, because it is seen that the impersonal amplitude that you are cannot die. it is the same for any being, and if your body disappears, there are still countless other bodies existing. But of course, forget about your ego, there will be nothing left of it. that's why you have to die before you die. generously surrender the i. Or not so generously, i surrender it to gain the permanence and the beauty, maybe that's why each time i do i have a big ego reaction. The no ego is full of beauty , but empty of content. The ego hates that emptiness

Death is when God decides to stop playing games and just Be :D

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

unnamed.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Thought Art Death is an illusion.  For that which you really are was never born...and so how can what was not born then die?

Death for the jnani is a very different thing.  Forms change...everything/form is constantly changing, and yet nothing is added and nothing is subtracted.

I suggest that you start delving into, questioning, investigating, and inquiring...who am I?  The "you" that you think is getting older and will die is not who you are.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

Cessation I think. That is God and the Source of all things. You become literally everything, except it's not "you" anymore. Your localized form is gone.

You dissolve as black or pure I finite Love/Literal Nothing. 

This is the same but it's meh, meaningless pointless ever since despite feeling almost the same, atleast for me. Life was cool. 

I really want to die, finally and return there. 

On 6/7/2021 at 9:54 PM, Thought Art said:

How can I use death to make life more livable?

This is the same question that the Buddha asked nearly 3 millenia ago. He noticed the inevitable transience of things. Everything that is born must also die.

You have a choice. Either resent the transience of your existence, or celebrate the preciousness of it. Would it be special, if it lasted forever? Realizing your mortality is the insight that will make every moment precious. Celebrate every step of the journey. So much better than doom-spiraling into inevitable oblivion.

Spoiler: Your ultimate nature is beyond time 9_9

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Main thing we have to fear is suffering which is why  fear is so tricky since it also as satisfaction/pleasure/excitement/etc in it besides the obvious suffering and in fact it's these positive tinges that make it so slippery.