tatsumaru

How to not laugh at my own jokes?

24 posts in this topic

I know laughing at your own jokes is a major turn off, but I can't help it.
What's the secret to being able to say something funny and keeping your cool?

Edited by tatsumaru

I laugh at my jokes all the time im a funny ass person, as long as its coming from an authentic place and your not doing it to avoid awkwardness  its fine

10 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

@tatsumaru According to who is it a turn off?

my mom

plus in my own experience i find other people's jokes funnier when they remain composed

You are seriously asking your mom your dating advice, how old are you? 

13 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

You are seriously asking your mom your dating advice, how old are you? 

why did you assume that I asked?

@tatsumaru Anyways, self amusement is an essential part of behaving charismatically and confidently. You can and should laugh at your own jokes, just don't over do it. 

Edited by Harlen Kelly

Self-amusement is the #1 key to attracting women.

You should laugh at your own jokes so much that you are having more fun than anyone else. Then the woman gets attracted because you are a boss, not seeking any validation or reaction from her.

Like I keep saying, attraction is a very counter-intuitive thing.

Whatever you feel, the woman was feel. If you feel good, she will feel good. If you feel awkward and shy, so will she.

You should even get good at laughing for no reason whatsoever. Just to laugh. Life is a fucking joke. You take yourself way too seriously.

Stop trying to act like James Bond. Start being a playful rascal. You'll get laid way more and you will feel happier.

And even in non-dating situations, people always appreciate a cheerful guy. Even guys do.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You reminded me of this. 

@Opo This guy has the verbals to get laid every night.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Opo This guy has the verbals to get laid every night.

I think he prepares for those types of videos or shoots them multiple times because on his stream he isn't that smooth. 

9 minutes ago, Opo said:

I think he prepares for those types of videos or shoots them multiple times because on his stream he isn't that smooth. 

I don't know how you can prepare for that. He seems totally spontaneous. This is the holy grail of game.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Self-amusement is the #1 key to attracting women.

You should laugh at your own jokes so much that you are having more fun than anyone else. Then the woman gets attracted because you are a boss, not seeking any validation or reaction from her.

Like I keep saying, attraction is a very counter-intuitive thing.

Whatever you feel, the woman was feel. If you feel good, she will feel good. If you feel awkward and shy, so will she.

You should even get good at laughing for no reason whatsoever. Just to laugh. Life is a fucking joke. You take yourself way too seriously.

Stop trying to act like James Bond. Start being a playful rascal. You'll get laid way more and you will feel happier.

And even in non-dating situations, people always appreciate a cheerful guy. Even guys do.

Agreed, there is also a wrong way of doing self-amusement though like laughing out of nervousness or being a clown to get approval.

In Tate we trust

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't know how you can prepare for that. He seems totally spontaneous. This is the holy grail of game.

The irony is that he’s made multiple videos shitting on PUAs. Maybe because ‘game’ is so natural to him it seems silly to practice 

22 minutes ago, Opo said:

he talks pretty similarly if you watch his interview with Mizkif

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

27 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

The irony is that he’s made multiple videos shitting on PUAs. Maybe because ‘game’ is so natural to him it seems silly to practice 

I would put those pickup artists in a different category than the ones that Leo talks about. 

26 minutes ago, Osaid said:

he talks pretty similarly if you watch his interview with Mizkif

It's possible that I saw his stream when he was tired or something like that. 

Haven't spend a lot of time watching it. 

3 hours ago, StarStruck said:

laughing out of nervousness

That is not self-amusement.

2 hours ago, Joel3102 said:

That is how most naturals view PUA.

They can't comprehend not being able to talk to girls. I found that I can't really relate to naturals because they are all extroverts and just wired to be chatty.

It's really easy to get laid when you are a massive extrovert.

I laugh a lot at my own jokes. I do a lot of self amusement. 

I don't know if that's attractive for a woman in a dating situation. 

But I'm good at joking around guys who are meeting me or in my company. 

Although I'm a massive introvert, I tend to manage to come up with a couple of jokes because there is a big funny bone inside of me that needs only a few tickles! 

People at my workplace call me a joker, because I make everyone laugh with my self amusement 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

27 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I laugh a lot at my own jokes. I do a lot of self amusement. 

I don't know if that's attractive for a woman in a dating situation. 

But I'm good at joking around guys who are meeting me or in my company. 

Although I'm a massive introvert, I tend to manage to come up with a couple of jokes because there is a big funny bone inside of me that needs only a few tickles! 

People at my workplace call me a joker, because I make everyone laugh with my self amusement

Assuming both alternatives are authentic behavior (not pretending for others) do you find it more attractive if a guy's funny without laughing at his own jokes (keeping a cool face) or if he's being funny and also laughing at his own jokes?