Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kazman

BDSM euphoria

1 post in this topic

I have never felt sexually drawn to pain in any way, but I had some interesting effects I wanted to share with this forum.

Me and my wife went to a BDSM workshop and learned how to spank each other. I quickly saw the potential for mindful awareness and consciousness work to be combined with this. Enduring pain has been used in many religious sects in their rituals for purification, I've practiced doing ice baths and cold showers for a while and seen the potency of that.

Anyway, receiving a powerful spanking just at the limit for how much pain I can endure for about 20 mins resulted in a ridiculous euphoria and emotional release and sense of well being that I've only experienced on psychedelics before. We're talking laughing and shaking like a maniac for minutes. Shit is real. I recommend the book Recapture the Rapture by Jamie Wheal, some parts of it talks about BDSM as a tool for healing and growing. Also, this wasn't sexual for me, I know it is for some. Sexually I think I'm more of a sadist, in the sense that it can sexually turn me on. 

Anyway, I never made the connection between these practices and healing/purifying/doing consciousness work before, putting some puzzle pieces together here for you to explore. My work here is done.

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember