justamirror

If there's no distinction at all, why Leo Guru is so taboo about suicide?

40 posts in this topic

Death is no more valuable than life, 

so why do whe try so hard just to "survive"?  is the point of nihilism, to observ the absurdm of life itself

each year millions of people die, one more ore less makes no real difference.

It's a bad use of Absolutism that denies subjective experience. If only the Absolute exists why not just go get your teeth pulled out with pliers. Sound good?

I don’t think Absolutist ideas are ever really helpful because we experience duality. Whether it is true at the Absolute level or not, here it is.

A normal person will not have a clue what you are talking about if you just go in at ultimate truths.

You don't understand that Absolute Nihilism is the same thing as Infinite Meaning. 

All expirence is a manifestation of God wanting to expirence all of itself. Everything is an infinitely valuable experience of God.

Everyone is pure potentiality manifested, every soul has a unique creative gift they can bring to the dance of Infinite Love that we all are. 

Why survive? For Love. For your vision of how you can love your Body, which is all of Reality. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Suicide comes with no guarantees of peace, liberation or freedom. The mistake is thinking it does.

Because in the 'real world', Leo doesn't want any of his viewers to get the wrong idea and kill themselves.  He doesn't want to promote suicide and he doesn't want to be judged by others as promoting suicide.

There's a contradiction though, because when you say that 'life', 'fun', 'sensations', 'meaning' etc are all just a dream, the people who really take that onboard tend to come to the conclusion that there's no *real* point in continuing the dream.

To me, it falls into the category of self-preservation, albeit a slightly absurd one kind of like when people on drug forums describe their trip experiences as happening to 'SWIM' (Someone Who Isn't Me) in a naive attempt to avoid legal ramifications, when really anyone with half a brain knows exactly what's going on regardless.

Live because you WANT, NOT because you SHOULD

@dflores321  There's nothing wrong with it, it just is.

3 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

Do you expect him to just jump off a building with an army of self actualizers because it's all pointless? 

No, this community has shown itself to be clearly against such a thing.  But honestly I expect this community (or rather, the wider nonduality community) to produce at least one offshoot which holds abandoning the dream via physical death to be the highest aim, and it wouldn't be the world's first death cult by a long shot.

If you have to ask, you are in dire need of fun

Because he doesn't want people to kill themselves.

Not everything is a philosophical conundrum.  

7 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Because he doesn't want people to kill themselves.

Not everything is a philosophical conundrum.  

Didn't we said that death is imaginary? ?

Just now, Javfly33 said:

Didn't we said that death is imaginary? ?

Hehehe, my post flew over your head.  You're over thinking this.

@OctagonOctopus 

I fully agree with you, Infinite Meaning also includes destruction, why is building someting up "more valuable" as just destroying it?

both are fun

I remember Leo said in a video that if you're dead, there's no more self actualization or something lol.

Nah but seriously, he said life is all about survival. But yeah, if we're gonna apply philosophy and absolute truths to one thing, we should be able to apply it to alll, and in that case, suicide has no meaning.

Leo has said "Everything is a hallucination at all times."

That means that death is also a hallucination. It's not like death ends anything. You just go on to another existence for infinity....which is also a hallucination. 

The idea that suicide is "bad" is also more fantasy and hallucination. Funny how no one here wants to let go of that one  :-)

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

24 minutes ago, mp22 said:

Leo has said "Everything is a hallucination at all times."

That means that death is also a hallucination. It's not like death ends anything. You just go on to another existence for infinity....which is also a hallucination. 

The idea that suicide is "bad" is also more fantasy and hallucination. Funny how no one here wants to let go of that one  :-)

It isn't bad, but the family that suffers for years afterwards isn't exactly what Leo tries to do.

If we are really serious and not trying to get shortcuts, there is zero reason to commit suicide unless we are in deep deep pain, the kind of pain that can't be treated (and even then, you can still attract a miracle).

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@justamirror

Well there isn't a difference between destruction and creation. There is just what is, constantly in flux.

This infinite play that the actor is in can be danced along with. You can choose to create harmony, and that might mean tearing something down, to make room for something better.

Eventually really, untangling all the knots keeping you from the love flow that is harmony with the Whole. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

What's the best argument against suicide? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

8 hours ago, Shin said:

It isn't bad, but the family that suffers for years afterwards isn't exactly what Leo tries to do.

If we are really serious and not trying to get shortcuts, there is zero reason to commit suicide unless we are in deep deep pain, the kind of pain that can't be treated (and even then, you can still attract a miracle).

I thought we said that family is imaginary because I'm God and others don't exist ?

Because people do not understand how Truths operate at each layer. So even this questions arise. Leo has no problem at all talking about suicide with someone that would grasp what he is saying. However, a great amount of people would misunderstand what he is saying and would get disfunctional about it's own life. For someone who is so devoted to Truth, misleading people into falsehood is the worse crime. It is not what he would say, it is what u would listen, what u would understand or not understand, what u would interprete, what u would create, what u would project, what u would manifest...