ivankiss

Two methods for accessing Godmode

55 posts in this topic

@gettoefl how will he know what he wants next? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

43 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@gettoefl how will he know what he wants next? 

it is when he becomes sick and tired of being tired and sick, booze takes a toll, we may do it in our teens and 20s maybe but not forever

in the thick of the party one day, he says enough! he realises the dream and the search is over is over you were with me all the time

@gettoefl does that ever happen sooner than it does?

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@gettoefl does that ever happen sooner than it does?

the flawless perfection of the timing is best not second guessed

@ivankiss I'm really not. It's a serious question to contemplate. 

@Mason Riggle Ok. So what are you saying, actually?

Is it that spiritual practices and methods are useless or not needed? If so; I hope you can see how stupid that claim is.

Or maybe you're saying you cannot do the work before the time for you doing it comes - if it comes. Or you know... whatever. That's a bit less stupid, but still holds no water.

To me; you're coming across with strong determinism vibes. Like you have no say in shit. Like you cannot do anything because everything is already done. And yes, that's also true - in a sense - but not the entire Truth.

Also; I hope you're not taking any of this too personally. I'm just enjoying the debate.

@ivankiss nothing taken personally, no worries. Apparently I love these conversations too, or I'd be doing something else. 

I have no say in shit, not becasue of determinism (I'm more incompatiblist, neither determinism, nor indeterminism, give rise to freedom of 'what will'.. in fact, I don't know what the word 'free' means in this context.. free of what?), but because there's no 'me' who might have a say. I am a thing that happens, not a thing that does stuff. I have become directly aware of this. 

I never suggested spiritual practices aren't useful, relatively speaking, but in Absolute terms, it's just more of what is already happening, which is God waking up, exactly if, and how, and when it will. 

Idk.. maybe I see something most people don't seem to. 

@Mason Riggle Cool. I think I see more clearly now where you're coming from. Again; cannot really argue with what you're saying. But also cannot unsee some underlying stuff. It's like you're throwing the relative into the thrash. Or labeling it as less important than the Absolute. Which is, absolutely, a mind-fuck. Because it's all One haha. They are not two separate realms of existence.

So yeah. That's what's bugging me in what you're saying. I smell avoidance, denial and negation. 

Regarding there being a you or not, and there being free will or not... in short; Whatever the fuck you say, dude. There's nothing above you. No one who could set rules for you. No one who could determine anything for you. There is just you doing whatever the fuck you wanna do. And what all that is, how and when it is - is all secondary. Those are all just perspectives. Sides. Fractures of the Whole.

The fracture is The Whole. And The Whole can be fractured infinitely. It does it all by itself, yes. But it... is you.

@ivankiss I don't discount the relative. I'm here talking to you, relatively speaking, and that's amazing! 

I'm just aware it's also me talking to myself.

Both. 

But becasue I know they are the same thing, I accept that whatever is happening (including whatever I'm doing or thinking, or working on, or not working on) is what I'm doing exactly how I am doing it because that's what I love to do... either relatively, or Absolutely. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

@Mason Riggle Yeah but isn't it kinda pointless then? Pointing out the obvious? 

It would be like me saying at the end of this sentence; 'oh and btw, I had no choice in saying any of this. It happened on its own.'

Like, yeah, cool. But what does that have to do with anything? To me; true freedom and true oneness is the ability to commit to a perspective and ride that wave all the way through. Without having the need to remind myself or anyone else that there is no me and that everything simply is.

@ivankiss for me, recognizing that there's nothing for me to do besides 'be myself', which I'm always already doing effortlessly, is Absolutely liberating. 

Edited by Mason Riggle
spelling

After reading Iain Mcgilchrist, these methods does seem to promote right brain activation. Thanks!

On 6.6.2021 at 7:42 PM, Kalo said:

@ivankiss If God is the seperate creator, I am conscious of Him.

If God is the non-dual perception (there is only God), I am conscious of Him.

If I am God, I am conscious of Him by being conscious of myself. If I am not conscious of myself as God, I am conscious of Him who is conscious of itself as God in the non-dual experience.

;)

Nicely put.

Edited by lark