Tech36363

Why should I help people ?

17 posts in this topic

To have a vision you need to vision something about that you would like to give to the world with your own skin in the game . 

I am having trouble to accept or understand why should I help people , at the end of the day they are just cruel and not helpful . Why would I do anything for such kind of people  . This is my barrier . 

Any thoughts on how to get over this ? Also what does love based thoughts mean ? 

14 minutes ago, Tech36363 said:

at the end of the day they are just cruel and not helpful

Sounds like they are as unhelpful as you.

Be the change you wish to see.

The way to get over it to realize that you can either live with hate/fear or with love. Which way do you want to live?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Maybe try changing the people you hang around with. Not all people are cruel or extremely selfish, although certainly a lot of people are.

The first barrier you need to overcome is "should". 

"Should" is bullshit. There is nothing you "should" do (which is btw not the same as saying "you should do nothing"). 

You can't really help people properly if you don't want to. If you help them because you feel you "should" do it, you might as well not do it at all. The problem you're facing is what is meant in the bible with "thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself". See?

"You must love" - but this can't be done, you can't force yourself to love. Either you do or you don't.

My advice is to first investigate your feeling of "should help people" -what is it in you that makes you think that you should help people and how you feel when you don't help and or love people. Investigate, accept and embrace. 

Love and compassion will come naturally from within. There's no need to pretend or to force anything. But you will find that the more you know, accept and love yourself, the stronger your compassion for others will develop. 

And then, there won't be any "shoulds", but an honest desire to help others.

21 minutes ago, Tech36363 said:

To have a vision you need to vision something about that you would like to give to the world with your own skin in the game . 

I am having trouble to accept or understand why should I help people , at the end of the day they are just cruel and not helpful . Why would I do anything for such kind of people  . This is my barrier . 

Any thoughts on how to get over this ? Also what does love based thoughts mean ? 

People always want general rules appliable for every situation. But life is nuanced. Help kind and helpful people. Don´t help cruel and unhelpful people. It´s not that dificult, is it? But you have to make a choice and a decision every time you confront a person and a situation. 

24 minutes ago, Hulia said:

Don´t help cruel and unhelpful people.

I feel like this is incorrect - at the beginning stages it might be a waste of time to do this as you won’t be effective at it but as you get more actualized you are able to help more and more people, eventually including those that you used to call cruel. All cruelty is ultimately inspired by love, even if it is in an incredibly “perverse” way.

Edited by Zeldor

You will always do what you find most effective, and what you find most effective is relative to your level of consciousness, and also in that regard, to your understanding of other human beings.

Start studying human behavior, and you will soon realize the reason why they act the way they do, and that way find compassion for them, and ofc you will also realize the reasons you act the way you do, which might surprisingly not differ from theirs.

Adding spiritual practices to raise your consciousness, you will find out more efficient and authentic ways to act for yourself, and that could include helping others.

3 minutes ago, Zeldor said:

I feel like this is incorrect - at the beginning stages it might be a waste of time to do this as you won’t be effective at it but as you get more actualized you are able to help more and more people, eventually including those that you used to call cruel. All cruelty is ultimately inspired by love, even if it is in an incredibly “perverse” way.

If you are able to help - help! If you notice, it´s a waste of time - stop trying to help. 

I don´t know, if cruelty is inspired by love. But even if it is, it doesn´t change anything on the nature of cruelty. It´s still cruelty.

It's not a matter of logic. It's a matter of identity.

Notice how you don't feel the need to ask "why should I help my best friend". This is because you identify with your friendship circle and feel a natural need to protect your identity. Or notice how mothers don't feel the need to ask "why should I love my baby".

Once you become aware of all the blocks you create against inclusiveness and expansion you will understand that it's not a choice you are making. You are simply surrendering into your expansion. Caring arises out of feeling, not out of logic.

@Hulia sure. I have had insights that have convinced me that we do everything out of love, and I think Leo had a video about survival that talks about this topic in detail, but I think we both agree on the most important thing: you should always try to do what leads to the greatest happiness.

Edited by Zeldor

@Tech36363 "When you no longer perceive the world as hostile, there is no more fear, and when there is no more fear, you think, speak, and act differently" - Eckhart Tolle

1 hour ago, Zeldor said:

@Hulia sure. I have had insights that have convinced me that we do everything out of love, and I think Leo had a video about survival that talks about this topic in detail, but I think we both agree on the most important thing: you should always try to do what leads to the greatest happiness.

The problem with happiness is , that it is fluent. If it were permanent, the rapist would rape only once and be happy for the rest of his life.

Clear is that cruel people are disarranged, disintergrated creatures. I dont´tr know.. try to do what leads to the greatest arrangement, integration..  Don´t ask me, what it is :) 

You should never help anyone.

You're the only being that exists, therefore everyone else is an illusion and can be taken advantage of.

They're all figment of your imagination, therefore, why care about their feelings ?

They don't exist !

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Hulia Isn’t everything transient though? Eventually, even you life will end. Eventually (supposedly) the universe will undergo thermal heat-death or something.

I agree with you though that happiness isn’t really what people want, but I have no idea of what a better metric would be. Integration? Peace? Love? Nothingness? Anything you want bc everything is equal? Anything at all? I have no idea.

1 hour ago, Zeldor said:

@Hulia Isn’t everything transient though? Eventually, even you life will end. Eventually (supposedly) the universe will undergo thermal heat-death or something.

I agree with you though that happiness isn’t really what people want, but I have no idea of what a better metric would be. Integration? Peace? Love? Nothingness? Anything you want bc everything is equal? Anything at all? I have no idea.

Everything is transient. And happiness is really what people want and look for. But instead they get suffering.

Helping people often needs much more wisdom than we realise. Helping a cruel person to be less cruel for instance is possible, but you need to be highly developed to succeed. Also look at all the attempts to 'help' the Middle East and Africa which failed because good intentions mean nothing without streetwise common sense and wisdom. So we need to work on ourselves too. Why bother? Well, what type of world do you want to live in, and for your children and grandchildren? And be honest, how many people have helped you get where you are today? 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)