Leo Gura

This Is Nuts

23 posts in this topic

This guy lost like 10 people in his family in 1 day.

Try to comprehend the suffering.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

At the least the US embassy is in Jerusalem instead of tucked away in Tel Aviv where the lens is filtered.  I can't believe how retarded the left got when Trump moved the embassy in there.

This made me cry, I feel so sorry for these people...

I can't believe how much suffering they must endure on a daily basis. They're so powerless... I feel powerless watching them.

I wish I could help them, but then again, there are a lot of ways I could help them, I'm just too selfish to do it. I'm too focused on my own stuff. I see videos like this, I get sad and move on with my day. The suffering doesn't stop for these people. I can just walk away from the screen, but they can't. 

It feels unfair. I can just walk away from their suffering. Why? Why can I just walk away while they continue suffering? Why do I deserve this gift? I, who doesn't appreciate it. I, who has so little gratitude. I can just be ignorant and worry about my own stupid little problems. I constantly whine about how unfair life has been to me, while these kinds of things are going on all over the planet. It's ridiculous...

It feels like I shouldn't be allowed to simply walk away. I want to suffer their pain. I want to cry their tears. It actually feels quiet liberating to be crying right now. It feels so beautiful. So peaceful.

But what good are these tears? What will they change? Will they change anything? Or are they just another mascaraed? Another story I tell myself to feel better about myself?

I'm slowly getting sick of my own bullshit...

beep boop

@DefinitelyNotARobot Practice embracing the brutality of survival.

It's really not much different than a wolf hunting rabbits to feed his pups.

@Windappreciator I don't know what point you are trying to make because I don't remember my post. Watching the animal holocaust video also made me cry. I'm literally vegan because I care about the suffering of animals. You might have misunderstood me.

beep boop

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@DefinitelyNotARobot Practice embracing the brutality of survival.

It's more like an outnumbered male lion killing hyenas as they surround him

1 hour ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

At the least the US embassy is in Jerusalem instead of tucked away in Tel Aviv where the lens is filtered.  I can't believe how retarded the left got when Trump moved the embassy in there.

What are you talking about? That helped to destroy the possibility of a two state solution, and gave Israel a free pass with demanding no concessions with regards to settlements etc 

Also, watch out for the incoming Israeli PM. He’s even further right than Benjamin Netenyahu, his party doesn’t even pretend to be in favour of a two state solution or an end to settlements 

2 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

What are you talking about? That helped to destroy the possibility of a two state solution, and gave Israel a free pass with demanding no concessions with regards to settlements etc 

Also, watch out for the incoming Israeli PM. He’s even further right than Benjamin Netenyahu, his party doesn’t even pretend to be in favour of a two state solution or an end to settlements 

Why would an embassy move affect the two-state solution,  who told you that?  It sounds like some contrarianism.

And also, from what I understand it is insane for Israel to give up the West bank, Golan Heights or Gaza strip as these are strategic defense barriers.  Keep in mind that Muslims have attempted 4 blitzkriegs on Israel.

5 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

Why would an embassy move affect the two-state solution,  who told you that?  It sounds like some contrarianism.

And also, from what I understand it is insane for Israel to give up the West bank, Golan Heights or Gaza strip as these are strategic defense barriers.  Keep in mind that Muslims have attempted 4 blitzkriegs on Israel.

The UN official position is to have Tel Aviv as the capitals for both, until an agreement is made. The US recognising Israeli however not Palestinian capital status, gives too much leverage to Israel with 0 concessions

I was going to share that video here and had a different take on it.

36 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

The Israeli Palestine conflict was never a “conflict”, it was always an occupation.

It's not so simple.

I can’t even begin to comprehend how he must feel. Truly horrific and traumatic.

Something drastic must be done to stop Hamas once and for all. 

When I was a child learning about Moses and Joshua, It always struck me funny that they wandered the desert, for generations breeding an army, before they went on an ethnic cleansing spree (All animals in the villages too) throughout the Jordan Valley. It's crazy how all of that causes so much suffering even today.

this conflict is the only conflict that you need to focus on (besides your own internal personal conflict) .

this conflict will be the end of the human history experience, because it started there.

the beginning was in the ME and the end will be there.

everything go full circle then ... disappear.

everything else is naive at this point.

p.s. Say no to zionism.

better for you.

I know that I'm technically guilty of whataboutism by posing this question, but nonetheless, I have to ask it. From a humanitarian perspective, why don't the crises in Yemen and Syria rile up similar media attention or public outrage? Am doing the same thing right-wing people do when police brutality is being discussed by bringing up black-on-black violence to shift focus. My intention is not to shift focus, but I genuinely wonder why Isreal and Palestine's conflict is so polarising in the public discourse? The argument is usually humanitarian, which is completely valid, but we know that the region is in the middle of "more urgent" humanitarian crises in Yemen for example. So, what is it, humanitarian or something else? 

1 hour ago, ArcticGong said:

but I genuinely wonder why Isreal and Palestine's conflict is so polarising in the public discourse? The argument is usually humanitarian, which is completely valid, but we know that the region is in the middle of "more urgent" humanitarian crises in Yemen for example. So, what is it, humanitarian or something else? 

Many if not most worldviews and political ideologies box Israel into a certain pre-made narrative. For example, a communist is anti-Israel and points out the wrongdoing and injustice. A capitalist will do the opposite and admire Israel for its scientific achievements and overall success. Protestants tend to support Israel while Catholics less so. And the list goes on: (western) conservatives vs liberals, stage blue vs stage orange vs stage green, and of course Jews vs Muslims. 

Can you see how that tiny piece of land triggers all those worldviews and inflames the passions of literally billions of people? Much more so than the conflict in Yemen which is by all objective standards much more horrific but it just does not trigger people the same.

Yeah, ideology breeds hypocrisy: literally, a few evictions in Jerusalem will trigger protests all over the world. to be clear I am not implying that it is just but people are not doing the same for a whole people group in Western China being forcefully converted. In the middle ages, people thought Jerusalem to be the center of the world, in many ways it still is.

Edited by Vrubel

@Vrubel I agree with you. And I would like to add that might makes right in that region. The strongest entity, whoever it is, goes ahead and dominates every other group. So it is never as easy as good guys vs bad guys, or perpetrators and victims. 

@Leo Gura

On 06/06/2021 at 9:04 AM, Leo Gura said:

Practice embracing the brutality of survival.

Democracy and Union ain't free. The majority of the west want Palestinians to rip down the nascent foundation of some sense of cohesive government to preserve their egoic Palestinian identity and narrative due to obscene naive romantiscism. This is such a complicated geopolitical issue.... Stage Green whining has run amok on social media over this latest violence.

I struggle to find a line between objective understanding and acceptance of the brutality of reality and an emotional empathetic response to human suffering.
How does one empathise objectively with a devil? Can a devil like me even empathise...?

Ohhh lawd, I need more tea!

If anyone has advice for my struggle and query of integrating the above, please throw it directly in my face as hard as you can so hopefully it might stick.

Edit. I'm not advocating for, or justify, abuse and subjugation of any one person or people. It is just clear that Palistine isn't going to get their way without causing further chaos. Democracy and union is not, and will never be free. It took ww1 and 2, not to mention all prior war, rape and slavery... for the European Union to emerge. 

Edited by SoothedByRain

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa