Zion

Examples of Feminine Compassion mega-thread:

10 posts in this topic

Examples of Feminine Compassion. 

This can be anything from quotes to videos...

Mata Amritanandamayi, or 'Amma', has hugged over 33 million people.

Born to a family of fishermen in 1953, she was the third child of Sugunanandan and Damayanti. She has six siblings.[5]

As part of her chores, Amṛtānandamayī gathered food scraps from neighbours for her family's cows and goats, through which she was confronted with the intense poverty and suffering of others. She would bring these people food and clothing from her own home. Her family, which was not wealthy, scolded and punished her. Amṛtānandamayī also began to spontaneously embrace people to comfort them in their sorrow. Despite the reaction of her parents, Amṛtānandamayī continued.[6] Regarding her desire to embrace others, Amṛtānandamayī commented, "I don't see if it is a man or a woman. I don't see anyone different from my own self. A continuous stream of love flows from me to all of creation. This is my inborn nature. The duty of a doctor is to treat patients. In the same way, my duty is to console those who are suffering."[7]

"People used to come and tell [me] their troubles. They would cry and I would wipe their tears. When they fell weeping into my lap, I used to hug them. Then the next person too wanted it... And so the habit picked up."

She's been doing it every day since the 1970s, often for as long as 20 hours a day.

Mother Teresa.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Every mother and every woman. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Feminine compassion via wisdom and Love with a big L. 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Here is an example of a woman called Pero who secretly breastfed her imprisoned father Cimon who was starving to death in prison.

The selfless devotion of Pero to nourish his father Cimon at her own breast is called “Roman Charity”. It is history’s most altruistic story of honoring one’s parent. And in my opinion a great example of feminine compassion.

Here is a painting from Pieter van Mol

Pieter_van_Mol_(Attr.)_-_Roman_Charity.jpg

3 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Here is an example of a woman called Pero who secretly breastfed her imprisoned father Cimon who was starving to death in prison.

The selfless devotion of Pero to nourish his father Cimon at her own breast is called “Roman Charity”. It is history’s most altruistic story of honoring one’s parent. And in my opinion a great example of feminine compassion.

Here is a painting from Pieter van Mol

Pieter_van_Mol_(Attr.)_-_Roman_Charity.jpg

But women only produce milk when theyre pregnant!

This was cute as hell. 

7 hours ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

But women only produce milk when theyre pregnant!

So? what makes you think she isn't or doesn't have a baby?

4 hours ago, Opo said:

This was cute as hell. 

Yeah, women have an instinct of compassion and nurturing for seemingly helpless and harmless animals, humans, and in this case even a robot.

for most women being a mother or owning a cute pet is the greatest source of satisfaction in life because it is basically what she is programmed for by biological evolution.

Edited by Vrubel