flowboy

Is the Greenpan any good, or will it poison me too?

16 posts in this topic

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&u=https://www.greenpan.nl/reeksen/copenhagen/copenhagen-keramische-anti-aanbak-koekenpan/CC003108-001.html

Friends and family are recommending this to me.

Since I decided to stop eating teflon as a daily supplement, I'm in the market for a frying pan.

This is a "ceramic anti-stick pan made with hardened aluminum and stainless steel"

I don't know what that means.

The creators were dissatisfied with anti-stick layers that release toxins, so they wanted to create a healthy alternative. "Thermolon is a ceramic anti-stick layer without harmful PFAS and the base substance is derived from sand. It can be heated to 450 degrees Celsius without destabilising"

https://ucs4rrwt7okujg5jg4dd6f6j54-ac4c6men2g7xr2a-infonu.translate.goog/diversen/41752-thermolon-de-veilige-antiaanbaklaag-in-de-koekenpan.html

Opinions? Will this release toxins or not?

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I've got this one So far it is working really well. It should be free from all known toxins including PFOA and PFOS, aluminium etc. Seems similar to the one you posted (the pictures don't quite load for me)

I'm really happy with it and seems to be a really good option. Is it 100% toxin free? I don't know but it is more safe than anything else I found and it actually works as well. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

We had a chat about this topic a while back, if you're interested.

All those kinds of pans are toxic junk. They all use chemical coatings which flake off into your food.

Just because some marketing guy calls it "green" don't mean shit.

Just get stainless steel. It's so much better.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Michael569 I had that one Michael, as I didn't use oil, it for some reason, started making all my food stick terribly, had to throw it out, turned out to be a waste of £60. Hope you have better luck with it! 

I love stainless steal for frying steak and simple foods but I notice that if I make complex dishes like mexican food, the food sticks on the pan and it burns. Burned food is not healthy. Just buy good quality teflon pans and don't use them more than 1 year. After one year throw them out and buy a new one if your health is more worth than 30-60 euro per year. Recently I bought high quality teflon pans with 50% price cut. They are amazing.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

I had that one Michael, as I didn't use oil, it for some reason, started making all my food stick terribly, had to throw it out, turned out to be a waste of £60. Hope you have better luck with it! 

they made a new range, maybe you had the old one Charlotte? Their first products were shit and they had a lot of complains. The new range is fairly good. 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All those kinds of pans are toxic junk. They all use chemical coatings which flake off into your food.

I dunno Leo, we now have a pretty good understanding of the types of things in pans that are toxic. Teflon and perfluorocarbon (PFOAs) being a major concern. Aluminium to a degree as well as iron. There still companies that make products devoid of all these. Not all coating has to be toxic. But I agree that there may be stuff we don't even know about yet....but well so can in stainless steel, Nickel being one of those factors that some research has raised questions about. 

At the same time I think if people were massively poisoned by cookware , it would have been caught by epidemiology by now since pretty much 90% of households have some sort of teflon stuff in. Not defending any of that stuff just saying maybe there are some good products out there and that its not all black and white....but maybe I'm just kidding myself. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

the food sticks on the pan and it burns.

You just gotta learn how to cook better. Cook on lower heat.

Professional chefs in restaurants use stainless steel pans.

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Not all coating has to be toxic.

Whatever the coating is, it will scratch off and get into your food. Those coatings are not natural molecules, they are all highly synthetic. Eating that can't be good.

At the same time I think if people were massively poisoned by cookware , it would have been caught by epidemiology by now since pretty much 90% of households have some sort of teflon stuff in.

No one is claiming massive poisoning. The poisoning is mild and slow, over years and decades.

100s of millions of people suffer from all sorts of cancers, brain fog, fatigue, autoimmune conditions, depression, ADD, autism, mental illness, and the like.

The problem with such a situation is that you will get poisoned so slowly you won't even know what killed you or crippled your life after 10 years of chronic use.

Everything seems good until one day your health collapses and your life is crippled.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

100s of millions of people suffer from all sorts of cancers, brain fog, fatigue, autoimmune conditions, depression, ADD, autism, mental illness, and the like.

I would say the reason for this is just the rapid transformation of lifestyle from a hard-working labour worker to incredibly sedentary (often lazy), fat and eating garbage. Here in UK, 8/10 people in streets are obese or overweight, asthmatic, eat junk, have chronic stress and at least 5 major addictions. These are the main reasons for all the cancers and diabetes. I assume the situation among poor suburban areas in US is even worse. These people make a majority of statistics for cancers and mental disease. 

Of course there will be some small dose chronic level of toxins but compared to the huge shitload of other lifestyle factors I just can't imagine it being that much of a concern if all the above are fixed. That's not to say you should go and sniff a glue or use the shitties pan but I think the type of coating on the pan is peanuts compared to the other factors that most people haven't even looked at. 

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

I would say the reason for this is just the rapid transformation of lifestyle from a hard-working labour worker to incredibly sedentary (often lazy), fat and eating garbage. Here in UK, 8/10 people in streets are obese or overweight, asthmatic, eat junk, have chronic stress and at least 5 major addictions. These are the main reasons for all the cancers and diabetes. I assume the situation among poor suburban areas in US is even worse. These people make a majority of statistics for cancers and mental disease. 

Of course there will be some small dose chronic level of toxins but compared to the huge shitload of other lifestyle factors I just can't imagine it being that much of a concern if all the above are fixed. That's not to say you should go and sniff a glue or use the shitties pan but I think the type of coating on the pan is peanuts compared to the other factors that most people haven't even looked at. 

EXACTLY. First get fit, active, STRONG and Really healthy.

A beautiful body and good habits will take care of detox. 

Don't worry, be happy, trust in God. Namaste my broda! 

Of course there are dozens of factors.

10 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Here in UK, 8/10 people in streets are obese or overweight, asthmatic, eat junk, have chronic stress and at least 5 major addictions. These are the main reasons for all the cancers and diabetes. I assume the situation among poor suburban areas in US is even worse. These people make a majority of statistics for cancers and mental disease. 

All those except chronic stress are the result of ingesting/inhaling things into the body. I think environmental toxins, emf radiation, microplastics, and pesticides do much more harm than people think. While a sedentary life does not make ones body strong per say, I don't think it's enough to develop these chronic degenerative diseases. I feel like if we didn't have these insidious toxins but still lived the modern day lifestyle, we would have far less cancers, autoimmune, etc.

Cancer and autoimmunity I think are especially caused by long-term chemical exposure.

The problem is, if it takes 20 years of Teflon cookware to give you cancer, who will ever know the true cause? You'll die and still not know why.

There is no science on this stuff. It's the wild wild west.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestions guys!

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/