UnbornTao

Adi Da

38 posts in this topic

Setting aside the cult stuff and other controversies, it may be useful to take a look at his teachings.

Edited by UnbornTao

According to Wilber he was the most conscious person of XX century.

@RedLine Thanks for bringing that up.

Do you know where I can find that reference? Was it in a book or a video?

2 hours ago, Arzola said:

@RedLine Thanks for bringing that up.

Do you know where I can find that reference? Was it in a book or a video?

That was before the sexual scandalous, in his early works. He citated Adi Da a lot as one of the high realized man in history. Then he changed his mind.

Dark guy that Adi Da.

edit:

I am seeing now that there is even a web only dedicated to the Wilber-Adi Da case haha:

https://www.adidawilber.com/

Edited by RedLine

The cult he built is just over the top absurd.

His followers are so brain-dead even their laughing is fake.

This is the problem of acting too saintly as a teacher. Your followers worship you even more and then they never awaken.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why do guys need to listen to the same stuff over and over. These teachings are overdone.

On 6/7/2021 at 0:47 AM, Frenk said:

Creepy as fuck

Haha, yeah.

But also consider that appearance is inconsequential to depth of consciousness.

There have probably been creepy zen masters throughout history. ;) 

Edited by UnbornTao

On 6/5/2021 at 7:36 AM, Arzola said:

Reminds me of Leo

LOL now that's funny. 

Adi Da is what we might call a full spectrum realizer. Ralston even has said that he's the most powerful enlightened guy he's ever encountered having sat with him in the late 80s. Ken Wilber knew Adi Da and addressed him as the Sat Guru. 

That said, he did start a full on cult that had major sexual abuses and scandals within his community, similar to that of Chogyam Trungpa. This had mixed results because his students also had tremendous clarity while also being subject to all sorts of sexual and financial abuse. He's a mixed bag. 

People that have sat with Adi Da and have said sitting with him was more powerful than any insanely high dose psychedelic they've ever done. He primarily taught through transmission. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The cult he built is just over the top absurd.

His followers are so brain-dead even their laughing is fake.

Many of his followers, particularly while he was alive, had a tremendous amount of clarity. 

17 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

LOL now that's funny. 

Adi Da is what we might call a full spectrum realizer. Ralston even has said that he's the most powerful enlightened guy he's ever encountered having sat with him in the late 80s. Ken Wilber knew Adi Da and addressed him as the Sat Guru. 

That said, he did start a full on cult that had major sexual abuses and scandals within his community, similar to that of Chogyam Trungpa. This had mixed results because his students also had tremendous clarity while also being subject to all sorts of sexual and financial abuse. He's a mixed bag. 

People that have sat with Adi Da and have said sitting with him was more powerful than any insanely high dose psychedelic they've ever done. He primarily taught through transmission. 

Many of his followers, particularly while he was alive, had a tremendous amount of clarity. 

If he were so realized he would not have abuse people. More consciuss = more compassion/love = less ego driven. 

18 minutes ago, RedLine said:

If he were so realized he would not have abuse people. More consciuss = more compassion/love = less ego driven. 

This is just flat out false. Some of the most renown realizers throughout human history have taken lives. You clearly don't know your history at all when it comes to spirituality. This is just a reflection of your own false presuppositions when it comes to this.

• Muhammad killed plenty of people
  • Sun Tzu killed plenty of people
  • Osho started an incredibly corrupt and abusive cult
  • Chogyam Trungpa was an alcoholic and abused many of his students
  • Alan Watts was an alcoholic
  • Nisargadatta was chain smoker
  • Many of the great Zen masters of the 20th century were major supporters of imperialist Japan during WW2
  • Sasaki Roshi was involved in numerous scandals 
  • Muktananda was involved in numerous sex scandals
  • The 16th Karmapa was involved in numerous scandals 
  • Even Nazis soliders (yes... NAZIS) during WW2 era were into yoga in the 30s and 40s were to have undergone many powerful mystical experiences. This includes members of muslim terrorist organizations like ISIS and what not. 

I can keep this list going and it could be A LOT longer. These silly ideas people have enlightened people fitting our fantasies are worth shattering. Human nature is complex, regardless of how enlightened one is (that claim that there even is such a thing as an enlightened person is already a debatable point). 

"Ego" has many different meanings. First off, ego is just a latin word for "I", fundamentally. Ego is also a reference the psychological structure and make up. Which includes stages of development and so forth. One's personality if you will. NO ENLIGHTENED BEING (if we're going to say there is one) IS FREE OF EGO. THE EGO WILL REMAIN UNTIL THE DEATH OF THE BODY. So let's make that very clear. One's personality will remain. The fact, the higher one's stage of development is and the greater the clarity the bigger the ego. The more inclusive and all embracing one's ego actually is. The ego is a process, not an entity. That process is a product of an evolutionary unfolding. 

Edited by kieranperez

19 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

This is just flat out false. Some of the most renown realizers throughout human history have taken lives. You clearly don't know your history at all when it comes to spirituality. This is just a reflection of your own false presuppositions when it comes to this.

• Muhammad killed plenty of people
  • Sun Tzu killed plenty of people
  • Osho started an incredibly corrupt and abusive cult
  • Chogyam Trungpa was an alcoholic and abused many of his students
  • Alan Watts was an alcoholic
  • Nisargadatta was chain smoker
  • Many of the great Zen masters of the 20th century were major supporters of imperialist Japan during WW2
  • Sasaki Roshi was involved in numerous scandals 
  • Muktananda was involved in numerous sex scandals
  • The 16th Karmapa was involved in numerous scandals 

I can keep this list going and it could be A LOT longer. These silly ideas people have enlightened people fitting our fantasies are worth shattering. Human nature is complex, regardless of how enlightened one is (that claim that there even is such a thing as an enlightened person is already a debatable point). 

"Ego" has many different meanings. First off, ego is just a latin word for "I", fundamentally. Ego is also a reference the psychological structure and make up. Which includes stages of development and so forth. One's personality if you will. NO ENLIGHTENED BEING (if we're going to say there is one) IS FREE OF EGO. THE EGO WILL REMAIN UNTIL THE DEATH OF THE BODY. So let's make that very clear. One's personality will remain. The fact, the higher one's stage of development is and the greater the clarity the bigger the ego. The more inclusive and all embracing one's ego actually is. The ego is a process, not an entity. That process is a product of an evolutionary unfolding. 

Killing people is not necessary a bad/ego driven act. If you have to combat evil maybe you have no choice but to kill people, if there is a war you have to kill people, etc. It depens on the epoch and the context. A warrior is not a murderer.

You are assuming that I defend that being enlightened is being perfect and attacking this argument. I have never said this at any time; straw man fallacy. However, f you claim somebody is super enlighten then that one can´t be a wicked guy that systematically abuse people. Then maybe he is not that saint, judge people for their acts. Enlighten people are more compassion than regular people because his enlightment  make then much less ego driven; of course it doesn´t mean they are perfect, humans are imperfect only God is perfect but as I said: MORE CONSICUSS = LESS SELFISHNESS, and this is something I clearly experience, it is not a theory. Ethics and Awareness are the same; Good=God.

Edited by RedLine

20 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Killing people is not necessary a bad/ego driven act. If you have to combat evil maybe you have no choice but to kill people, if there is a war you have to kill people, etc. It depens on the epoch and the context. A warrior is not a murderer.

You are assuming that I defend that being enlightened is being perfect and attacking this argument. I have never said this at any time; straw man fallacy. However, f you claim somebody is super enlighten then that one can´t be a wicked guy that systematically abuse people. Then maybe he is not that saint, judge people for their acts. Enlighten people are more compassion than regular people because his enlightment  make then much less ego driven; of course it doesn´t mean they are perfect, humans are imperfect only God is perfect but as I said: MORE CONSICUSS = LESS SELFISHNESS, and this is something I clearly experience, it is not a theory. Ethics and Awareness are the same; Good=God.

LOL okay dude. You want to believe your little non dual cosmology? Go right ahead. It just naive silliness and new age non dual foolish dogmatism. 

6 hours ago, kieranperez said:

he's the most powerful enlightened guy he's ever encountered

What happened to no levels of consciousness? Now all the sudden they exist? ;)

The problem with Adi Da is that he actively encouraged his followers to worship him as God, and he said he reached the highest level of God which nobody but him could ever reach. Well, I call bullshit on that. Such a teacher cannot be taken seriously, even if he was very woke (which I don't dispute).

I've decided to not follow any leader or guru. Most of them create cults eventually 

Just stick to yourself. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Leo Gura maybe those genetic freaks enlightened masters are more prone to abuse others,maybe because they didn't suffer enough to attain their levels so developed less compassion??

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

19 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Just stick to yourself. 

Ah, yes, the devil herself ;) 

You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't. Ta da! :D

@Leo Gura the greatest devilry is fooling oneself into believing that one is not a devil. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Better to start your own cult.

Kidding.

Edited by UnbornTao