Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kras

Friend who is constantly criticizing and judgeing

8 posts in this topic

I have a friend who constantly criticizing and judging. We've known each other for maybe 12 years. We hang out very often and we are close friends. 

I don't know wheter he is doing that consciously or unconsciously. But he literally critize everything, and cant remember a time when he supported something that i am going to buy or to do. Everything that i buy is stupid, he is not saying it in a rude way but rather in a funny way, but it still can be very offensive.

I am considering that the next time he does that shit to call him out. 

@kras Get better friends. There are 7 billion people.

Edited by Harlen Kelly

So he's cynical about everything, but so what? does it really matter to you what he support? 

I would suggest this vid tho

https://youtu.be/gwgyDbdQKyE

And I would look deep into why peoples support is important

@kras @kras

Try to get supportive friends. If he is constantly criticizing you, then it will impact your mental health. 

You can always make better friends. Don't break up with him because this might just be his bad habit. 

But if it affects you mentally then try making better friends. Talk to him only occasionally. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I will try my best to answer your question based on the information you have provided. Firstly, why are you hanging out with someone who is judging you and trying to pull you down rather than being supportive in the first place? Why are you holding on to someone like this?

What about the other people in your life. Do you have real genuine relationships that are nuturing and empowering you to move towards your goals?

Also, do you know what you boundaries are? Have you expressed your truth towards him before, how his judgements make you feel?

14 hours ago, Julian Fernando said:

I will try my best to answer your question based on the information you have provided. Firstly, why are you hanging out with someone who is judging you and trying to pull you down rather than being supportive in the first place? Why are you holding on to someone like this?

What about the other people in your life. Do you have real genuine relationships that are nuturing and empowering you to move towards your goals?

Also, do you know what you boundaries are? Have you expressed your truth towards him before, how his judgements make you feel?

Yeah next time when he makes a stupid comment i will set boundaries. He is already used to get away with bs.

Get better friends. The only thing I benefited from friendships like that is to avoid being friends with people like that, always. 

Call him out, dude.  Express how you feel.  That's the only way these things get resolved.

Try to be as cool about it as you possibly can.