Alan Reji

Role of genetics and luck in God Realization

24 posts in this topic

extrovert here and my female mentor is. her husband is introvert tho.

@4201 this is how i think about this too. There is no way i could disprove the role of genetics of course that's why i leave it open as a possibility. 

I believe that the introvert/extrovert criteria is not important. Who doesn't think much? Everyone is lost in thought all the time just in different ways. Anyone can learn to go beyond thought but not many actually do it thus it's so rare. The people that suffer are more likely to go there if they have the knowledge how to do it and are serious. Escaping suffering is a big motivator to become serious but once there it's not about ending suffering anymore. You broke free because of this or because of years of spiritual practices and curiosity or through psychedelics. There are different paths for different people. 

Now there are people that practice for years without having any mystical experiences at all. I could argue that they just do something wrong. Or i am wrong and it has to do with genetics and that's just the way it is. It's difficult for me to buy that. If you can escape your mind for half a second with self inquiry for example you can awaken if you practice enough. 

If someone does spiritual practices for an hour everyday and then the other 23 hours forgets about it he will never awaken. Or if someone does a trip here and there instead of doing many trips and integrate the experiences for example. If you are not serious you cannot blame genetics. If you are doing it wrong you also can't blame genetics. If you check the above points and are getting nowhere then you can blame genetics but again there is no proof or a study about this. There is no way to be sure about this. If there is i am curious to understand how. 

But in the end even if it isn't about genetics maybe we don't have a choice in the matter. We can't really choose our experiences good or bad, our upbringing and the effects they have to our personality in order to do/take spirituality seriously. 

Edited by BlackMaze

On 6/5/2021 at 1:57 PM, Ghost said:

Dude, wtf is earth angel and starseed hybrid xD

hybrid beings exist in the universe, like cross breeding animals, and I am that except between being an earth angel and other star systems. 

You are a human for sure, but your soul could have ET relations that you don't even know of because of the veil of forgetfulness on this planet. 

Genesis 27:27-29

@Alan Reji Genetics is no more explanatory than anything else, it's more exterior talk. Rather tricky, it is and it isn't, and there isn't a better answer. 

"Genetics" is such a poisoned word anyway in terms of associations. It's looks like it's just supposed to be a pointer towards materialistic and scientific causal factors probs in this context.

Move broader than that meaningless and memetic word "genetics", what this discussion is now really about "cause and effect", time. These things don't exist as they seem. But that can't be explained precisely, since it's about becoming aligned with context/consciousness rather than contents of consciousness and the fictions spun in it. 

Looking after your health is one thing that's actionable from this talk. 

Whatever drives and guides us to awakening, call it God call it whatever you want, has no cause and effect for your mind to grasp. There's no predicting when the light of truth will shine, and when you're in a state of illumination, you'll see that talk about genetics or anything else don't matter in the slightest. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.