Dingo

What is placebo?

4 posts in this topic

...and I don't mean the definition from the paradigm of materialistic science.

In a double-blind place trial, one group of participants are given the actual drug tested, while the others are given a pill with nothing in it (placebo). Every drug that goes through clinical trial has its efficiency tested against the placebo, but not all succeed. The placebo group can even experience some effects and this is what im interested in!

Is it yet another example of "Mind over body/matter" and "Law of attraction"?

Literally generating something new out of nothingness... where is this effect coming from really?

We have never thoroughly studied placebo directly, although its use for benefiting people appears to be very wide (so many different drugs and that is just one domain).

Could placebo be the not yet fully actualized potential of humans? ... where in future instead of doing and taking stuff to be or have things a certain way, we will just will that into existence? :D 

Yeah, people are able to heal themselves through imagination, which is what placebo is. Pretty wild.

Reminds me of that SpongeBob episode...

imagination thing.jpg

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

5 hours ago, intotheblack said:

Placebo? 

sorry I had to.. 

Beat me to it. Mmmmmmmmmmm, Brian Molko at the turn of the century...