RMQualtrough

It never moves... Jfc...

7 posts in this topic

Consciousness never moves ever.

It is a very curious thing. When you are walking what is actually moving? If you focus on consciousness you will find it is entirely static.

Actually it has to be by any scientific measure or otherwise. Things which aren't physical things in space can't have physical spatial size, so absolutely can't move through space.

So it just kind of hangs there... The illusion that it moves is a VERY strong and clever one. There is so much sensory input at any given moment that constantly tells us that we are moving. But nothing you experience is where you think it is...

That is also proveable, because it is all conjured by the mind. It feels like pain is happening in your toe when you stub it, but it's not lmao. How can it be happening there? The pain is being made by your mind. Your brain is tricking you into mis-locating where the pain is actually happening and factually so.

How bizarre...

You can go for a walk in a busy city and notice all these sensations of the ground beneath your feet and seeing other people etc. But you can mentally just pull back consciousness into the sizeless singularity that it is if you choose to, and notice it just "hanging there" in sizelessness as everything moves through it.

I've posted extensively about this.

You are the entire scene, not the body "walking through the world".

What you are experiencing is a complete and utter projection emanating from the void you are. Your visual field has no depth, there is nothing behind the appearances you see.

Only you are conscious. In this entire mindspace I call Being VR.

You're not walking through the world, you're imagining everything around you.

Yes, this realization had huge impact on self inquiry for me as it's easy to confirm.

1 minute ago, cigologic said:

Yes, this realization had huge impact on self inquiry for me as it's easy to confirm.

It's weirdly easier to confirm when NOT meditating, because during meditation you're still. It's when you're out walking that you can notice the falsehood of the apparent movement of the self, and apparent placement of sensory input.

This is the thing that hits me most because it is noticed while active, like when commuting etc.

Another thing useful, is being on the subway. Because when the ride is really smooth you can feel totally still on the seat, albeit some slight rumbling, yet see from the window that you're flying through the tubes at extreme speeds. But that can make you feel tempted to think of your physical body instead.

I had to ride the buss often during that time and used it exactly for this. The somewhat violent and partly unexpected movements of the body work great as contrast. Leaning a little in different directions when meditating does work some times, but, as you write, it is more difficult when physically still.

Did not consider to check position and distance in this same way, but it does follow naturally. It's this consistency of experience and its interpretations that makes it necessary to rediscover this again and again.

5 hours ago, justfortoday said:

You're not walking through the world, you're imagining everything around you.

Definitely not there at that point of recognition.

I don't think it's there to being with. Usually when we think of that 'sizeless-singularity' containing all of the direct experience, we usually focus on the physical sensation of the middle of the head (is what I have seen). In fact, even that feeing of or vision of singularity must not be it. 

It isn't even there to be static or dynamic in the first place. This also means absolutely nothing is happening rn.