Julian gabriel

How to NOT perform Mahasamadhi

10 posts in this topic

Sometimes while meditating I feel like I could accidentally mahasamadhi the fuck outta there. (I realize that this almost definitely won't happen but it feels like it could)

I have heard that some Yogis wear metal bracelets to keep themselves grounded. But I haven't heard of any other methods and I don't even know much about that one. Anyone know how to do this? 

(After further thought on this I think it was pretty stupid of me to think I might accidentally perform Mahasamadhi. But its fun to discuss anyway.)

Edited by Julian gabriel

Your fear of physically dying during meditation is an irrational worry.  You won't die by accidentally accessing the wrong state of consciousness.  Next time you get the feeling that it might happen, just let it happen and chances are you'll experience a cessation experience.

This is ridiculous. Nobody here in this forum has the balls to perform mahasamadhi, so you are safe. If they would they would have 'gone' already.

Also, imo mahasamadhi is just getting to samadhi in such a potent and constant way that you abide in such a bliss and infinite love consciousness that you obviously forget about taking care of the body and it's needs, so you just die there after X days or weeks of not eating and not drinking water. Simple. 

Edited by Javfly33

@Julian gabriel If you could perform mahasamadi then you woudn't be here asking us trust me ahaha
Also, i don't think something like this can happen accidentally, because it presupposes complete control over the function of vital organs.

Anyway, if you ever get there, you can use Ramakrishna's trick:

If it was so easy people would be dropping dead at meditation retreats all the time. And I have yet to hear of 1 case of that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If it was so easy people would be dropping dead at meditation retreats all the time. And I have yet to hear of 1 case of that.

yeah ik, thats y I said it almost definitely won't happen. 

Sadhguru:

Even if you are liberated within yourself, even if you have attained to a certain state within yourself, to leave the physical body, you need the skill, you need to know the science of how this body got connected and what you need to do to disentangle from it. For someone to be able to do this, it needs tremendous energy. Such a person knows where the body is connected to life, and they untie it and leave.

During Mahasamadhi entire energy body is projected out, and during AP, only one portion of Pranamayakosha is projected out. People will usually get scared by feeling/being lose in the body (Vyana Vayu) and label that by Mahasamadhi in their mind, due to their mind being filled by various assumptions, including the ones I'm presenting. 

Sadhguru's wife Viji allegedly preformed Mahasamadhi using Shambho mantra (most gentle form of Shiva) and exited the body through hearth chakra (burn mark was visible on the body) by sheer intensity of emotion (merging with object of devotion) which found little awareness. What is interesting, Sadhguru said she didn't completely dissolve immediately upon leaving the body, so he was still expecting her to help him with consecration, but she was approached by a different master who helped her dissolve completely.

Sadhguru:

Devotion is madness, madness is intensity, anything that is intensity can become a way.

That being said, Sadhguru will always give a copper ring to people for their left ring finger, when they do intense Sadhana (to not go beyond Nirvikalpa Samadhi). He rarely explains how even Sadhana works in details, and he never explained the rings. While all meditators where doing Shoonya meditation (nothingness) Viji felt that the ring was stopping her, so she removed it. After the incident, Sadhguru had to explain the purpose of the ring.

You can certainly "die" without taking the body with you during meditation. In fact it's almost impossible for most to do so.

This is like saying your going to "accidently start a billion dollar business" Mahasamsadhi isnt something you just stumble upon, It take a deep conviction to surrender your physical body and intense spiritual preparation and degrees of consciousness.