Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

5 seconds into Oxflix and chill, and he gives you this look

24 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I’m probably not an Arahant yet by the TB definition. 

The TB definition would mean you could literally sit for 12+ hours straight without moving and experience 0 suffering. Probably not is probably an understatement. 

However! Happy for you man. This seems like a big breakthrough... one of those where there won’t be any chance coming back... so to speak :)  

Don’t listen to the haters. enlightenment can look any way imaginable we just get sold the yogi and mystic ways because it’s romantic. You’re crying tears of joy they say there is no Kensho if you can’t cry tears of joy.

21 hours ago, kinesin said:

That isn't enlightenment, those are the experiences which help us on the path toward enlightenment.  Yes, I've had my fair share of those... those are the times when you make grand public gestures, where you cry loudly and giddily proclaim to others "I am enlightened!" only to realize much later that it was simply a stepping stone and that really, you were infact a long way from enlightenment during that peak experience.

Enlightenment is the calm after the storm, not the storm itself.

I whole heartedly agree. Enlightenment is a process of something falling away. You could call that something the ego or the personal will. It's seldom (read never) an instant eradication from a single experience. The ego loves to make that experience into a justification for why it is enlightened.

@BipolarGrowth This is not meant to bash on you. You clearly are going through a beautiful awakening process but years from now you are going to look at this experience in a whole different light.

I feel like I went through a similar phase of trying to prove my enlightenment to others. I realized after the fact at showing emotions and awakening are largely private affairs (for me personally). I also realize that enlightenment alone wont solve all my mental health problems. But, being more integral in my life processes and not needing to share anything with anyone is helping me really come inside. 

I don't know where I am headed. I suffer from anxiety, trauma and self image problems. So, I think dealing with these more basic problems through a combination of western and eastern methods is key. Enlightenment for me is all about my state. There is awakenings, insights, etc to be had which hold many fruit. But, I am personally focusing on developing a clear mind before trying to teach others or prove my development. I am what I am. 

I am never gonna look to you and ask "am I enlightened?" I know when I am, and when I am not. 

This work is so fucking deep, tricky and maze like. Good luck. 

Am I am a novice, a fool and unwell.

However, I have all the tools and resources right now in my life and I am using them.

Hope you are doing well 

Just sharing my thoughts on this and my experiences ahah

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"