Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ajai

Why everything is Consciousness?

10 posts in this topic

Why do we say everything is Consciousness?

So one of the main confusions arises, when certain people starts alluding to the fact that everything is Consciousness, and that that the fundamental "matter" of Reality or Existence so to speak is— Consciousness.

What happens is— There's this gap in understanding of the view or in the method of investigating into the very nature of Reality, since- "everyone" be it a living or non-living, being- present in this Universe is playing its fundamental role as a part of that Universal whole itself.

A Human is a sentient being, why? because a Human makes sense of the world (Reality) it perceives through senses, that is to say that a human makes use of senses inherently to comprehend the world around it, or world in which it is living.

So, can we say that a Human is actually trying to become aware of the world it is in? Yes, so the concept we can use here to identify this phenomenon of a human to make sense of Reality could be— Awareness.

Now, this awareness can interchangeably be used by other words or labels such as Consciousness or the act of being Conscious.

Now, one thing is very straight and clear which is that if I'm alive and my breath is still going on and heart is pumping blood and the brain is functioning as it should, no matter what I'm doing, where I'm at, how I'm existing, my intrinsic nature always asks me to be involved in some sort of sense making—Always, its just is the way it is, it's not me on whose "will" this thing is operating or acting, it's the Modus Operandi of being in a state of Human or being a Human.

(And perhaps this true for every other animal or whatever you can think of-!)

With that said, I believe this is the case with every single thing you can see or perceive as an object, thought, sense, feeling, emotions etcetras for that matter. Every individual phenomenon or the occurrence in the "fabric" of your AWARENESS/CONSCIOUSNESS, IS aware of its own self as well, because YOU are aware— of anything you can perceive or sense or even think about, and because you can think about it or feel or sense it— is the very reason for that particular thing being AWARE of its own self.

How could it be possible, that if you are Aware of a thing and that it's not Aware of its own self? If it is not aware of its own self you won't be aware of it at all. It's just too necessary for both to be aware of their own-selves, failing of which in either one's case would result in "non-origination".

"Habitually patterned consciousness"
So is it HABIT resulting in Consciousness, that is in this act of making us being "aware"?
Yes— Habit of not only physical action or reaction, but even the psychological processes, that are habitually driven.

So, now let's say you are dead or lost your mental or even physical capacities to make any sense at all, the result would be non-origination— NOTHING.
Cuz you are dead and whatever this world (Reality) was for you, went along with you, just as if you are watching a regular T.V. show and the moment you or anyone else switch it off, everything's just gone and vanished with a blink of an eye.

Now my question is— Is this state of non-origination (let's say NOTHING) is Consciousness (a state of being AWARE) or not?
Because if it is, then only prepositions like— Everything is Consciousness-! stands True.

Bottom line is EVERYTHING— EVERY DAMN THING, IS AWARE OF ITSELF, THUS EVERYTHING I CAN SAY IS— CONSCIOUSNESS.
NO MATTER, EITHER "I" AM CONSCIOUS OF IT OR NOT.
Because Everything is Conscious of its own, it's me who got to work and explore this "MYSTERY" which is there always upfront and thus is no mystery at all.

Edited by ajai

Nothing can exist outside of consciousness because consciousness is infinite and all things can only exist as imagined by consciousness.

The end.

You guys make it too complicated, you get tangled up in your own minds.

There is no such thing as non-existence. Only existence. Nothingness is existence, not non-existence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Nothing can exist outside of consciousness because consciousness is infinite and all things can only exist as imagined by consciousness.

The end.

There is no such thing as non-existence. Only existence. Nothingness is existence, not non-existence.

There’s a lot more to this Leo. You are correct though. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The end.

So true. Simply put...we’re in a dream. One that never ends...ever.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The end.

Exactly. 

Also, every "person" you interact was just created by your imagination, which is so powerful that it retroactively goes back in time (because it is pure magic) to justify the existence of that person, hence creation happening just by being.

Edited by justfortoday

Nothing can exist outside of what is. So it’s everything. What to call it? Perhaps awareness or consciousness — but not as they are known to you... Rather, as the union of appearance and emptiness. Undefinable boundless unknowable nothing being everything; no-thing.

Consciousness as it’s known to you, on the other hand, is in fact the root delusion. This is in fact very well known in high level Buddhism — for any of you with doubts, that also have Buddhist sympathies.

But really the question “why everything is consciousness?” is basically “why everything is everything?” You’re just using a random term in place of everything. One could perhaps use Awareness as opposed to consciousness simply because Consciousness (as it’s known to most) is a term with inherent dualistic nature in most people’s thinking.

Doesn’t really matter.

Edited by The0Self

To comfort yourself that there is still consciousness after you die within a lifetime of probably less than 5000 weeks.

19 minutes ago, hyruga said:

To comfort yourself that there is still consciousness after you die within a lifetime of probably less than 5000 weeks.

Great answer ? for real though.

Edited by The0Self

Non-Origination is not non-existence for me, and yes as someone rightly said- EVERYTHING IS EXISTENCE-!

And yes- Nothingness is existence, not non-existence.

On 04/06/2021 at 6:39 AM, ajai said:

Why do we say everything is Consciousness?

By definition.

All stories and explanations are false.