Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mafortu

Having trouble understanding the fascination with "nothingness"

7 posts in this topic

I believe every post or insight containing the word nothingness would help the collective consciousness more if replaced by the word "everythingness".

Doesnt eveythingness have a better ring to it? If we are to awaken the world, I think everythingness is an easier bus to jump into for the masses or anyone inexperienced with nonduality.

Do you believe the quality of the mystical teachings would be any lesser if I replace every instance in existence of the word nothingness to ----> everythingness? 

I may be wrong, so I welcome any discussion. 

Everything = Nothing

It's like arguing whether to call your pet a dog or a canine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Everythingness is more likely to strengthen ego. You identify with something (that seems) real.

Nothingness points to the fact that there are no selves and nothing solid in reality. It's no-thing, it's not physical at all.

The best understanding is that both nothingness and everythingness are one and the same.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Mafortu The point is to realize that in reality, there are no "things". Yes, "everything" and "nothing" are identical, but believe me, people don't understand the meaning of either word. 

When we talk of nothingness, people immediately have an image in their mind of what this nothingness might look like.  Using the word "everything", people also have an image in their mind; an image, which contains very many things. It's important to remember that both images are neither nothing nor everything, but rather like "something". 

I'd rather have you think about the universe being nothing, because 

1. it balances your view that the universe is only something/everything 

2. in nothingness, there are no boundaries. Which is also the case for "everything", but it's probably easier to see in nothingness

3. it simply wouldn't appear to say anything so say "reality is everything" instead of "reality is nothing". 

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Everything = Nothing

It's like arguing whether to call your pet a dog or a canine.

Or call it by true name or what it actually is=Love.