Frosty97

Path by G.O.D. (길 - 지오디)

13 posts in this topic

This is a song written by an early 2000s Korean idol group g.o.d.

The name of the song is 길(road) but I thought 'Path' would be a better name for it.

I suggest you watch the whole video with the subs on and get the feelings like I did.

This song, video made me think clearly about life and gave me some deep insights.

I hope you feel what I felt.

(The actual song starts at 3:50)

Edited by Frosty97
Added a line

I am God. I am Love. I am Infinity. I am Frosty97.

I watched until one of the musicians had an emotional breakdown and cried like a baby. I felt deep emotions because the topic of this song is very "deep", normal humans don't think about it. If they do, it is short-lived because they can't handle it. The melody of the song is also beautiful. So, it's a powerful song, surely better than all or almost all popular songs.

The core concept of the song is whether life is predetermined or not (we create our life via free will). 

Based on my realizations (I am sure about this), both are true.  You are just playing the role which God has given to you. But it's also true that you are free to choose paths or to create your life however you want.

The only question is "Which is the bigger truth?". And the answer is the below quote.

Every detail about you, from the color and number of your hair strands, to your eyelids, from your desires, to your repulsions, have been carefully designed by God. And God implements his plans via you (your thoughts and actions). You are playing the role God has given to you.  

You got me with the Hangul (korean letters). At this point of my life, I am most interested in South Korea. This is mostly intuition. But I am also aware of my selfish (but also spiritual) reasons why I want to go there.

@jimwell Hope you had a great experience. South Korea is most certainly a unique country. People are very conservative tho and the country has it's up and downs. People here are generally uncomfortable around foreigners(if you look like us then it wouldn't be so bad) but they try to be welcoming to others. Maybe you visit this country and see it for yourself!

Thanks for taking the time to reply and give your thoughts!

Edited by Frosty97
spelling error

I spent a year in South Korea.  I enjoyed it for the most part.  I was surprised by how Christianity flourishes there.  It seemed to be even more popular than Buddhism.

@jimwell @Beginner Mind If you like that one, maybe you'll like this one too.

I've re-listened to this like 15 times. It's that good.

Won't disappoint.

Edited by Frosty97
added a line

On 6/3/2021 at 7:23 PM, Frosty97 said:

@jimwell Hope you had a great experience. South Korea is most certainly a unique country. People are very conservative tho and the country has it's up and downs. People here are generally uncomfortable around foreigners(if you look like us then it wouldn't be so bad) but they try to be welcoming to others. Maybe you visit this country and see it for yourself!

Thanks for taking the time to reply and give your thoughts!

My pleasure. Thanks for confirming South Korea is just like Japan. Both are conservative and collectivist. Are you in Seoul or Gyeonggi-do?

The last song has good melody but I couldn't understand because there were no English subtitles. 

On 6/3/2021 at 8:41 PM, Beginner Mind said:

I spent a year in South Korea.  I enjoyed it for the most part.  I was surprised by how Christianity flourishes there.  It seemed to be even more popular than Buddhism.

I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions. Where did you live in South Korea? Did you teach English there? What were the things you enjoyed and disliked?

44 minutes ago, jimwell said:

I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions. Where did you live in South Korea? Did you teach English there? What were the things you enjoyed and disliked?

No problem.  I lived in a small town on the southern coast, just above Jeju island. 

Yes I taught English there, in the public school system.  It was difficult at first but once I got the hang of it, it was probably the easiest job I've had.

Things I liked: definitely the food.  Kimchi, Tappoki, Gimbap.  Good stuff.  I enjoyed the natural beauty of Korea.  I enjoyed the people, my Korean co-workers, strangers.  I found the people to be generally friendly, although not all Koreans are happy to have foreigners living there.

Things I disliked: It's very difficult to find deodorant there.  If you end up living there, bring lots of deodorant!

@jimwell Yeah, South Korea is more like Japan than China. I live in Seoul. Where are you from btw?

The latter song is so soothing Even without understanding the meanings, don't you think? I listened to it like 15 times xD

10 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

Things I disliked: It's very difficult to find deodorant there.  If you end up living there, bring lots of deodorant!

lol, yeah. I saw some articles saying that Koreans are genetically the least smelly people in the world, even compared to Japanese and Chinese. My Korean friends and people in general don't even know what deodorant is!

On 6/6/2021 at 6:02 AM, Beginner Mind said:

No problem.  I lived in a small town on the southern coast, just above Jeju island. 

I am familiar with that area. From what I've seen, it's an interesting, beautiful place. You were lucky to be there.

Yes I taught English there, in the public school system.  It was difficult at first but once I got the hang of it, it was probably the easiest job I've had.

Things I liked: definitely the food.  Kimchi, Tappoki, Gimbap.  Good stuff.  I enjoyed the natural beauty of Korea.  I enjoyed the people, my Korean co-workers, strangers.  I found the people to be generally friendly, although not all Koreans are happy to have foreigners living there.

Sounds exciting.

? So, South Korea is really similar to Japan. Initially, I couldn't find deodorant in Japan and was frustrated. But I eventually found a "body spray" type of deodorant. I've been using that type since then.

Thanks for the useful answers ?.

On 6/6/2021 at 4:51 PM, Frosty97 said:

@jimwell Yeah, South Korea is more like Japan than China. I live in Seoul. Where are you from btw?

The latter song is so soothing Even without understanding the meanings, don't you think? I listened to it like 15 times xD

I'm from a city in central Japan where Toyota Motor Corporation originates. But I'm originally from a 3rd world country somewhere in Asia.

The last song was slightly soothing without understanding the lyrics. But I liked its melody. You listened to it 15 times? ?  

Well I cried too when the guy started crying.

They sing about walking on a path.. But personally I'm being dragged on a maybe non-existing path.

Edited by Blackhawk

@Blackhawk  Why do you say "Forever alone and unloved"? You are love so that can't possibly be

11 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Well I cried too when the guy started crying.

They sing about walking on a path.. But personally I'm being dragged on a maybe non-existing path.

I feel your suffering. You probably feel you are the only human on Earth who is unloved, unfairly treated, suffering alone, and nobody can understand you (it's true in a sense), but on a structural level, we have the same suffering. The same in intensity, weirdness, and aloneness. On the outside, I look like I'm a big winner. But the truth is I still have my own shit despite tremendous inner work success.

Your anger towards God is valid. Keep hating God. After all, who responsible for all this shit? Don't let anybody gaslight you. But at the same time, don't let that hate drowns you in hopelessness and failure. You must do what needs to be done. Stand up for yourself and go where you need to go. Majority of the work is done on the inside. Build that strong self-love and love for beauty. Those will be your fuel when things become very unbearable. It's also important to have a good vison of the future situation you want to be in.  This will be an additional fuel to keep you motivated.

I have seen a few of your posts so I have a good idea of your inner world. And this is my response to your posts. I'm not just talking. I have already walked the talk. And I will walk the remaining things which need to be walked.

After all the walk and talk, maybe and hopefully our view of God and life will change for the better.