Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alan Reji

What do you think about "Avatars"?

14 posts in this topic

Some "enlightened" people claim they are Avatars, that they are not the same as common folks, they are spiritually superior or that they're the fulfillment of spiritual prophecies. What is the truth behind this?

Don't know who you've been listening to but who ever they are they have a hell of a spiritual ego.

@Alan Reji In a sense we are all avatars. The only difference is some see this and some don't.

I'd more interested in knowing the details of these avatars. 

Are these avatars useful? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 6/3/2021 at 1:10 AM, Preety_India said:

I'd more interested in knowing the details of these avatars. 

Are these avatars useful? 

Vishnu is a good example. Krishna is the eighth incarnation of Vishnu. Some say Buddha was the ninth. 

If you find some signs that seem to point to you being something else in the past, they can be a really important thing to follow. 

I found a unique connection with a specific spiritual being, and it was one of the biggest keys to creating my deepest awakening ever. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Avatar the last airbender is an amazing show, for anyone here that hasn't seen it. One of the things that first got me thinking about life when I was younger.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

It's a sign of overidentification with the self.  People encounter an 'avatar' which they believe pertains to some (illusory) aspect of their self, and they cling to that similarity, thereby furthering their own identification with the illusory self by grounding it in an external source (the avatar).  So rather than saying "I have X personality trait, I am X kind of person" they say "I am an incarnation of X entity" which basically means the same thing, because the entity is nothing more than a construct which represents a certain type of personality.

When you've reached higher levels of awakening, such ego delusions fall away and you realise that you can be anything, or nothing.  It's all nothing more than illusory perspectives.

9 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@BipolarGrowth I do feel a connection with Shiva. 

Then what makes you anything but a reincarnation of Shiva? Your belief surrounding it. I had to accept that I was an incarnation of this being and then surrender my entire Being to the guidance of this being while encompassed in crown chakra bliss (I prefer Holy Spirit as a term for this, but it’s not very active here) to experience my deepest awakening. I gave the most intense form of Bhakti in that moment. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

The way you described it is pure spiritual ego. To believe yourself superior just because you imagined inside your mind your "self" is tethered to another self is complete delusion of grandeur. You are not this, you are not that. Yet you are all things. Though, I do feel as if someone wishes to identify themselves as some divine figure that supposedly existed in the past there is nothing wrong with doing that as long as it remains a stage or stepping stone in life. But, many get stuck within a self created paradigm where they make connections to stories or heard beliefs in their lives and tether these ideologies to their own self, mistaking their own essence to be that of something rather than that of nothing/everything. The ego desperately wants a reason to exist here and to understand said existence. Even if it has to delude itself into believing it's a God from past mythos. All the experiences no matter how divine or profound you may have, all have the same equal value to this present moment. The mind has a hard time accepting this at first. Striping away our perceived human identity we are much more than the Gods from the past. I suppose people can believe what they wish, there is nothing wrong with it. Even if they have a superiority complex out of it, it's not inherently wrong to believe anything really. But, confliction occurs the moment someone doesn't believe you are that incarnation. What part of your self is right? What part of yourself is wrong? I can point to my finger and call it a finger. Someone could say I am wrong and tell me I'm pointing to Nos7algiK. Both are right, but one contains more of the truth. My finger can only contain what's inside of it. But, Nos7algiK contains my whole body and I can name numerous parts inside of it. Even "Nos7algiK' is very limiting in definition. Though, someone could make the argument even my finger contains the whole in a meta-physical sense, but I digress.

Edited by Nos7algiK

@BipolarGrowth Let's talk about being. The being behind the avatar. Take Leo for instance. Would you still  recognize him even if he manifested as a different avatar at a different time and place?

12 minutes ago, cetus said:

@BipolarGrowth Let's talk about being. The being behind the avatar. Take Leo for instance. Would you still  recognize him even if he manifested as a different avatar in a different time and place?

If I wanted to believe it was him even in a different body with a different mind and he was full Russian instead of a mixed breed, it would still be the Truth within my subjective experience if I believed it to the degree of any other convincing illusion. Meaning + imagination + illogical faith = a change in subject reality which reflects that which is fantasized. 

The embodiment of Truth has multitudes of avatars.