Gabriel Joy

Loneliness when Self-Actualizing for a minor.

6 posts in this topic

I was recently watching Leo's video about loneliness (the one made in 2017) and I found that all the solutions he mentioned are impossible to do for me. They all require financial independance and liberty from others and as a minor. I don't have that to be able to go off on my own and I'm limited with how much money I have. Is there another solution possible that anyone knows that doesn't require money or should I wait until I'm able to do so in a few years even if it's harming my overall health during that time period?

Leo's suggestions:

1. 10 day retreat: Impossible to do because of financial situation and restricted liberty.

2. Solo Travel: Same reasons as solution 1

3.Psychedelics: Impossible to obtain in my country and requires money which I don't have.

You could start a simple meditation practice as a test to see what it does.  I've found it to be relaxing, and a good tool to train the body/mind to be able to drop loops of thought/emotion that get us worked up.  Start off small, like something 10-20 minutes a day 3-4 days a week.  Just close your eyes and let every thought about the past and future arise, and then pass when it does, same with emotion, same with focusing on sounds, or bodily sensations or tastes or heat or cold (of course don't freeze to death).  While doing this, just pay attention to your breath entering and leaving your mouth and nose.  If you notice yourself distracted or sucked into any of the listed above, come back to you breath. 

This may be vary challenging at times, but stick with it.  If you start to experience a lot of resistance to this after a while, just stop for a few days to a week and come back to a regular practice.

Do this until you can remain with your breath consistently without much or any distraction of the other stuff.  Then maybe increase your meditation to 30-40 mins.  When you get good at this do the above, but drop paying attention to the breath as well.  Feel free to come back and ask any questions during your process.

1 hour ago, Gabriel Joy said:

I was recently watching Leo's video about loneliness (the one made in 2017) and I found that all the solutions he mentioned are impossible to do for me. They all require financial independance and liberty from others and as a minor. I don't have that to be able to go off on my own and I'm limited with how much money I have. Is there another solution possible that anyone knows that doesn't require money or should I wait until I'm able to do so in a few years even if it's harming my overall health during that time period?

Leo's suggestions:

1. 10 day retreat: Impossible to do because of financial situation and restricted liberty.

2. Solo Travel: Same reasons as solution 1

3.Psychedelics: Impossible to obtain in my country and requires money which I don't have.

Another simple and easy one as well is just to make some friends or do stuff with others who have similar interests.

2 hours ago, Mu_ said:

You could start a simple meditation practice as a test to see what it does.  I've found it to be relaxing, and a good tool to train the body/mind to be able to drop loops of thought/emotion that get us worked up.  Start off small, like something 10-20 minutes a day 3-4 days a week.  Just close your eyes and let every thought about the past and future arise, and then pass when it does, same with emotion, same with focusing on sounds, or bodily sensations or tastes or heat or cold (of course don't freeze to death).  While doing this, just pay attention to your breath entering and leaving your mouth and nose.  If you notice yourself distracted or sucked into any of the listed above, come back to you breath. 

This may be vary challenging at times, but stick with it.  If you start to experience a lot of resistance to this after a while, just stop for a few days to a week and come back to a regular practice.

Do this until you can remain with your breath consistently without much or any distraction of the other stuff.  Then maybe increase your meditation to 30-40 mins.  When you get good at this do the above, but drop paying attention to the breath as well.  Feel free to come back and ask any questions during your process.

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try this out and see what happens. As for your other method, it is quite difficult as my interests of my peers are drastically different from me. Therefore, I'll resort to it if only the first Method fails. Thank you for the advice.

2 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Another simple and easy one as well is just to make some friends or do stuff with others who have similar interests.

This ^!

Are there any sports or activities you like @Gabriel Joy? If there are schools, courts, fields near where you live, just go to them by yourself with a ball and start messing around. It's free 90% of the time and you'll be amazed how many random people will want to meet you and invite you to join them.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Start practicing meditation.book of secrets writtern by osho has one chapter talking about how to use meditation to deal with isolation