Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

The Gospel of My Conceited Ego (or Truth?)

14 posts in this topic

It’s worth it. Once you taste Nirvana and know Truth, nothing can be beyond one who is a holder of such knowledge. Nothing can truly threaten one with such knowledge. Seeking ultimately ends in completion when the forces of Infinite Existence (God) and Nonexistence (Dao) clash within yourself. They are you, and you know this. At least as much as anything could be a you that is. Now there is only the task of helplessly kicking back and watching the movie of God unfold before your “I”-less eyes. You are closer than distance itself to the action, but somehow, you are still aloof. 

This is pure nonexistence/no consciousness flowing into an illusory portal of infinite consciousness/existence which is in full effortless control of my body/ego/etc. which is typing this. Hey YOUniverse out there ? There’s the same source doing “both” of us. Nada. Zilch. Zip. “That’s it”

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

"Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the facade of pretence. It's the
complete eradication of everything we
imagined to be true".

- Adyashanti

Remember bro, it's not a gaining of any kind. Its the dissolving of all concepts and beliefs identified with as 'ME'. The glass is full there.

This full glass is an illusion.... 

The 101 Concepts about Nirvana seem to hide it.

Nirvana is already the case. 

Drop the concepts and Nirvana is revealed.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

About a week ago it was recognized here that nirvana is actually what you most fear, but what is most longed for, and inescapable.

58 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Remember bro, it's not a gaining of any kind. Its the dissolving of all concepts and beliefs identified with as 'ME'. The glass is full there.

Reread your quote. It has ’nothing to do with,’ in and of itself, a gaining of any kind. But something is certainly gained with enlightenment. True, genuine, authentic happiness is ONLY possible if one knows first and foremost what is real and what is false. And beyond the fact that enlightenment carries with it the possibility of true happiness, what is gained is the recognition of what is true. Through a total deconstruction, the only authentic construction of reality, precisely and literally nothing at all, is seen to be primordially perfect and self-validating as true. There is a big danger with framing it as “gaining “ something though, but damn sometimes a fish can’t live in fresh water. Sometimes that salt water is needed.

Edited by Consilience

23 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Reread your quote. It has ’nothing to do with,’ in and of itself, a gaining of any kind. But something is certainly gained with enlightenment. True, genuine, authentic happiness is ONLY possible if one knows first and foremost what is real and what is false. And beyond the fact that enlightenment carries with it the possibility of true happiness, what is gained is the recognition of what is true. Through a total deconstruction, the only authentic construction of reality, precisely and literally nothing at all, is seen to be primordially perfect and self-validating as true. There is a big danger with framing it as “gaining “ something though, but damn sometimes a fish can’t live in fresh water. Sometimes that salt water is needed.

I largely followed Rob Burbea's path -- it felt like a massive gain, simply beyond belief. But when enlightenment apparently happened, it was the end of need, not the satisfaction of need.

37 minutes ago, The0Self said:

I largely followed Rob Burbea's path -- it felt like a massive gain, simply beyond belief. But when enlightenment apparently happened, it was the end of need, not the satisfaction of need.

Tbh I don't understand this in the context of my above reply haha. Yes Rob Burbea's teachings on enlightenment are great, allow I don't consider them to be a complete picture, necessarily. In fact, we could say they're TOO complete... Or something. But this is the case with any and every teacher :)

Yes the needing is in and of itself is no longer needing. Satisfaction is derived not out of a gaining, or a perspective of any kind. We might say satisfaction is just the actuality of our direct experience. 

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

About a week ago it was recognized here that nirvana is actually what you most fear, but what is most longed for, and inescapable.

You get it. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

When you see what lies beyond Existence, you find that you somehow saw something in the very moment nothing could possibly be perceived. But you know true nature then. It should’ve been obvious enough with dreams, but with nirodha samapatti, you’re forced to see that there is nowhere to die to. If anything it should be thought of as your safety net for life rather than a source of fear. When everything stops, you’re as safe as you ever could be. 

57 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Yes Rob Burbea's teachings on enlightenment are great, allow I don't consider them to be a complete picture, necessarily. In fact, we could say they're TOO complete

I felt the same way. It was like his path led to an understanding of emptiness so complete, it didn't allow for liberation, because the understanding was just too much to allow the unknowing that emptiness points to. Turns out I was wrong about that lol but that's certainly what it seemed like in the apparent process.

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

"Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the facade of pretence. It's the
complete eradication of everything we
imagined to be true".

- Adyashanti

This full glass is an illusion.... 

The 101 Concepts about Nirvana seem to hide it.

Nirvana is already the case. 

Drop the concepts and Nirvana is revealed.

The issue is that you can talk about all of this before cessation, but it’s likely you won’t embody it until after cessation or a similar strength Realization. Whether cessation is an imagined event or memory or is conceptual doesn’t quite matter. There typically must be a conditioned situation (you having a prior enlightenment experience, spiritual practice in general) to ground this in any sane way. 

Concepts are no hindrance. Don’t be shortsighted. They are tools that have their uses, and one use is to awaken. Any human being who ever awoke seems to have always developed concepts as far as I’ve ever heard. I wonder, I wonder. 

If you can be in Nirvana without concepts, what process do you think yourself as Truth separates Divinity from words/ideas/maps? There’s no separation. And there’s no separation between ego and Truth if you have a nuanced understanding. Everything is always Nirvana, but it cannot be tasted in full beauty without first awakening the character. Isn’t that what you’ve seen?

“There is no character.” 

Yeah, and that’s not how you saw it before when you were a character though. It’s a tautology. You changed your dream through selective focus on dream aspects to be a dream in which the dream character would become all of the dream and anything beyond the dream. It’s lucidity. Only a dream in which characters exist can the Truth be expressed that characters are not. 

5 hours ago, Consilience said:

Yes exactly, it's the clear recognition by NO ONE that there simply never was an individual that could gain or lose anything to begin with.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

The issue is that you can talk about all of this before cessation, but it’s likely you won’t embody it until after cessation or a similar strength Realization. Whether cessation is an imagined event or memory or is conceptual doesn’t quite matter. There typically must be a conditioned situation (you having a prior enlightenment experience, spiritual practice in general) to ground this in any sane way. 

Concepts are no hindrance. Don’t be shortsighted. They are tools that have their uses, and one use is to awaken. Any human being who ever awoke seems to have always developed concepts as far as I’ve ever heard. I wonder, I wonder. 

If you can be in Nirvana without concepts, what process do you think yourself as Truth separates Divinity from words/ideas/maps? There’s no separation. And there’s no separation between ego and Truth if you have a nuanced understanding. Everything is always Nirvana, but it cannot be tasted in full beauty without first awakening the character. Isn’t that what you’ve seen?

“There is no character.” 

Yeah, and that’s not how you saw it before when you were a character though. It’s a tautology. You changed your dream through selective focus on dream aspects to be a dream in which the dream character would become all of the dream and anything beyond the dream. It’s lucidity. Only a dream in which characters exist can the Truth be expressed that characters are not. 

Gotcha, I'm definitely not trying to deny the seemingly real experience of separation.

Let me ask you a question:

Lets say you have a dream at night where you get pulled over by a police officer and given a $300 ticket for improperly tinted windows and you are very upset.

When you wake up, do you continue being pissed off for this $300 ticket? Do you start calling your friends and telling them how irritated you are with law enforcement regulation.

Of course not because it was clearly recognized that it was Just a Dream.

This is how Awakening is.

When this illusory character and its web of believes is clearly seen through, it begins to dissolve under the weight of Truth because it was recognized to be only a dream story... there's no need to kill it or collapse it because it's literally recognized to have never been real.

Awakening is the end of the dream character attempting to put itself in a better position in the future.

No one becomes enlightened and no one ever will. ❤