Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TurquoiseAngel

Enneagram

13 posts in this topic

I don't think Leo ever talked about and I am wondering if anyone here is familiar with it?

I got into it for about a week but with most all things now, I need less than a week to see if it fits with what I am or trying to create or if it will be BS for me (at least at the moment). 

However during that week, I met many people who are deep into it and now are living their whole lives out of the new found identity and as they keep connecting  with me, the topic is always coming up.

Any thoughts?

It's simply another map to help us understand our egos. I found it invaluable in recognizing some of my patterning, and it also helped me connect more with others. It's similar to Myers-Briggs but offers more tools for how to "integrate" into the highest version of our type. 

What number are you? I'm a 1 w/ 2 wing. 

It's useful stuff. I recommend learning about it.

There are several different interpretations.   It was a spiritual system,  but a psychological version was introduced into the West by Claudio Naranjo.    Oscar Ichazo claimed that you can’t find your correct enneagram type by doing your own diagnosis from a book.  The reason is that your ego, which is distorted, is trying to diagnose itself, and will always be in error.  He had a process “protoanalysis” to find the correct type, but I don’t know if this is being taught anymore.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

As the enneagram identifies archetypes and their concomitant shadows it is helpful in that most people fall into one of these archetypes and can identify their false beliefs and shadows through them. 

I’m a 4w5. While remembering this is just another map, I did find some general ideas that clicked with me and help with self-growth. Decide for yourself if some general themes of a type resonate with you and so if it can help you grow. If you find yourself to not resonate with any type and you have no intuitive hunch of it being helpful, don’t feel bad in discarding it.

Good luck

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I really enjoyed the week that I spent learning about it and it was cool see some of my patterning through the lenses of yet another system but I guess what bothered me was people letting it take over their lives and just describing themselves by whatever enneagram they claim they are and using it as an excuse or reason for everything.

It felt caged.

I do not want to be boxed up and labelled. Plus I think that with the amount of healing I had already done and continue doing it was causing more noise in me then peace.

23 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

It's simply another map to help us understand our egos. I found it invaluable in recognizing some of my patterning, and it also helped me connect more with others. It's similar to Myers-Briggs but offers more tools for how to "integrate" into the highest version of our type. 

What number are you? I'm a 1 w/ 2 wing. 

According to an enneagram coach assessment I am a 5w4w1 

Do you identify with the perfectionism of 1? 

I don't know much about 2 ...

22 minutes ago, TurquoiseAngel said:

According to an enneagram coach assessment I am a 5w4w1 

Do you identify with the perfectionism of 1? 

I don't know much about 2 ...

@TurquoiseAngel The Enneagram works by having one primary number and one wing. So you couldn't be three numbers. Do you mean you are a 5 with a 4 wing? 

Yes, the 1 fits me hand in glove. It's why I felt this particular map was so useful, because I truly embody so many of the characteristics of a 1, although I've outgrown most of the shadow aspects by now, or at least I'm aware of them and can recognize the patterning when it arises. 

These women have a funny channel that is a good way to get a gist of each number.

2 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@TurquoiseAngel The Enneagram works by having one primary number and one wing. So you couldn't be three numbers. Do you mean you are a 5 with a 4 wing? 

Yes, the 1 fits me hand in glove. It's why I felt this particular map was so useful, because I truly embody so many of the characteristics of a 1, although I've outgrown most of the shadow aspects by now, or at least I'm aware of them and can recognize the patterning when it arises. 

These women have a funny channel that is a good way to get a gist of each number.

Thank you for the video, I will watch eventually.

I worked with two Enneagrams coaches (only 1 session each) and they work with the concept that we have 2 wings - they don't know each other.

So apparently I am a 5 with one wing 4 and one wing 1

The enneagram is a deep topic. Study or typing of personality types is the most superficial of the concepts it represents. I don’t mean to dismiss the personality studies it frames. I’ve found it very useful for working on myself within my own inquiry. 
The enneagram shows the law of 3 and the law of 7 or octave which frames the Ray of Creation.

58E7901B-9808-48C8-9836-D109FC2515E5.png

In this YouTube, some of the text from Beelzebub’s Tales to his Grandson is being read.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

On 05/06/2021 at 9:11 AM, Zigzag Idiot said:

The enneagram is a deep topic. Study or typing of personality types is the most superficial of the concepts it represents. I don’t mean to dismiss the personality studies it frames. I’ve found it very useful for working on myself within my own inquiry. 
The enneagram shows the law of 3 and the law of 7 or octave which frames the Ray of Creation.

58E7901B-9808-48C8-9836-D109FC2515E5.png

In this YouTube, some of the text from Beelzebub’s Tales to his Grandson is being read.

Okay! Now it suddenly became more interesting and closer to my heart.

2 hours ago, TurquoiseAngel said:

Okay! Now it suddenly became more interesting and closer to my heart.

Cool! I’ll add a little more with some links. Facets of Unity is just about my favorite book on the enneagram.

By the way, I’m a counterphobic 6.

Mapping Certain Levels of Reality

We use the Enneagram as a tool and a map at specific junctures in our work of spiritual unfoldment. Initially, we use it as a psychological map that aids self-observation and study. Students also work with our theory of holes (see Essence, Almaas, 1986), which describes the loss of Essence and the consequent development of the personality. Then the work of uncovering the essential aspects proceeds. The theories of depth psychology on object relations, narcissism, and the like, constitute a major portion of the tools used to access the various essential dimensions. The Enneagram is then used at particular points as a map of certain levels of reality, in order to facilitate spiritual transformation. For example, work on the Passions and Virtues helps students in the process of purification of the soul. The Enneagram of Holy Ideas is most useful at the juncture between personal and cosmic realization of Being, as previously mentioned. As with other concepts from various schools, our approach utilizes the Enneagram for the purpose of direct, experiential understanding. It is not used only for psychological observations and typology, nor only for guiding various spiritual practices, but specifically for guiding and supporting open inquiry into one’s experience.

Facets of Unity, pg. 16 

This is the forth of nine excerpts. Link just below

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/enneagram-and-diamond-approach

D50C0688-CFCF-41A2-8529-46108E31D932.jpeg
https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/enneagram-holy-ideas

O

E46E98CD-1B95-477E-A5E5-C8B2846FFAFA.jpeg

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/enneagram-specific-delusions

F4467D0B-92D6-4D35-BE4B-85025A11858F.jpeg

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/enneagram-specific-difficulties

C359FEBC-9724-414C-AA19-8E73FD8E0A27.jpeg

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/enneagram-specific-reactions

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn