Alan Reji

Is it possible to get enlightened while being religious?

18 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if one could attain God realization and at the same time practice religion. I know many Catholic priests who are in stage turquoise yet they conduct Holy mass and other worship ceremonies. How does that work?

@Alan Reji 

Enlightenment doesn't give a flat fuck about what your religion is, what you believe in or any knowledge you or anyone seems to know.

If you are really religious and somehow manage to get through to your psych and question the foundation of whatever religion you subscribe too, Everything changes in an instant. Your whole world falls apart in front of you and you will witness every fleeting moment of that until you fall apart with it.

St John of the Cross, Miester Eckhart, etc.

See my blog for some recent videos on Christian mysticism.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Alan Reji As far as your spiral dynamics language is going. Are they "turquoise"? I've seen myself or other people act saint-like due to buzzing from mystical experience, but they're "blue" (e.g. I've had some of my most loving experiences whilst being a fundamentalist Muslim)

I don't care too much about SD, but just pointing it out anyway. But overall yeah, you can get mystical buzz and etc whilst being fundamentalist. 

You asked how it works, good question. I don't know. Maybe it's odd that both christians and buddhists alike can reach these high states. One might assume that meditation is more powerful than prayer. Whether that's correct or not I don't know, but through prayer alone some people reach a high state. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Absolutely.

Not to mention, there’s an open invitation to enlightenment at all times. If this enlightenment is not apparent there, it’s simply because it isn’t what’s wanted — there’s still an apparent need to know things. Enlightenment is the end of knowing what’s happening. You already don’t know what’s happening. So liberation is always already.

But for what reason do they recite rosery or conduct Holy Mass or as we come to Hinduism, do Poojas? Is there any meaning to any of these?

Here's the link for Christian Mysticism: 

2 hours ago, Alan Reji said:

But for what reason do they recite rosery or conduct Holy Mass or as we come to Hinduism, do Poojas? Is there any meaning to any of these?

Here's the link for Christian Mysticism: 

Culture ingrained in them.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

You also can reach Mount Everest with only socks, but I don't recommand it.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

They can get enlightened but aren't turquoise.

I believe it’s not likely for the deeply religious to become enlightened. They have committed their lives to following doctrine, and an enlightened man is always highly original, a free thinker, and often a rebel. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

a few pointers to the moon for reflection not dogmatism:

religion is living to die spirituality is dying to live

religion is righting the wrongs, spirituality is writing the songs

worship is religion, wonder is spirituality

religion is let's do god together, spirituality is i am god alone

religion, my obligation to you spirituality, my expectation of me

religion is us vs them spirituality is us is them

If you know how to use and understand religion you can become Enlightened even WITH Religion.

Their language is set up for dumbasses who don't understand the pointers.

If you cant become Enlightened in your current place and life style and you need to go go ANOTHER PLACE to reach Enlightenment you will have a heard time becoming Enlightened. 

Enlightenment is right here right now.

What stands in the way is the way.

4 minutes ago, OneIntoOne said:

If you know how to use and understand religion you can become Enlightened even WITH Religion.

Their language is set up for dumbasses who don't understand the pointers.

If you cant become Enlightened in your current place and life style and you need to go go ANOTHER PLACE to reach Enlightenment you will have a heard time becoming Enlightened. 

Enlightenment is right here right now.

What stands in the way is the way.

Pretty much.

It's only possible to want an idea of enlightenment. Actual enlightenment is absolutely unwantable -- it's this already.

Arsenie Boca for example

People are saying that he could even perform miracles, such as teleportation, healing people, reading one's mind etc

Here's a video I fould that has English subtitles. 

e5630a8d4ef6844c5c61f52fd3697997-1.jpg

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

1 hour ago, Anahata said:

Yes, Arsenie Boca for example.

I have searched about him and it seems the prototype of Christian enlightenment: renounce yourself by yielding your self to Jesus, thus liberating yourself, and reaching the kingdom of heaven, but it is a service enlightenment, missionary, he thinks that without doing what God wants Whatever you do, in his case help anti-communist militiamen, there is no happiness possible. that life has a purpose and a mission

7 hours ago, Anahata said:

People are saying that he could even perform miracles, such as teleportation, healing people, reading one's mind etc

Not enlightenment-related at all. Seemingly probabilistically connected, but only at first glance.

Just now, The0Self said:

Not enlightenment-related at all. Seemingly probabilistically connected, but only at first glance.

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

I have searched about him and it seems the prototype of Christian enlightenment: renounce yourself by yielding your self to Jesus, thus liberating yourself, and reaching the kingdom of heaven, but it is a service enlightenment, missionary, he thinks that without doing what God wants Whatever you do, in his case help anti-communist militiamen, there is no happiness possible. that life has a purpose and a mission

From my research on this matter I concluded that it might be possible that he attained enlightenment but he might have chosen to play out the character of his religious persona for some specific reason. It's like how certain Gurus have secret teachings where they reveal the Truth of their God-realization only to a tiny group of their disciples they consider to be "ready". 

Another thing to consider is the fact that many enlightened masters, monks etc are not straight forward about their God-realization.

Most people could have misunderstood the teachings if he revealed his realizations. He could have been perceived as being a real threat to the system, in Romania at that time people could get in real trouble for doing such things. 

If the miracles he did are for real, his powers are comparable to Yogananda's siddhis. 

Well, of course, I am not saying that I believe everything that's being said about his paranormal abilities and all the miracles he's said to have performed in his life, but I think there might be a lot of truth to it.

I don't think one can achieve such powers without a high level of awakening at least. Maybe he didn't attain a full on God Realization but I think he knew he was God, at least to some degree. 

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."