BipolarGrowth

Leo - What are your thoughts/experience with nirodha samapatti/full cessation?

36 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

What happens upon death?

That's the mindfuck. Death never happens. Death is a fantasy.

You are eternally conscious right now, you always have been, and you always will be.

Cessation of consciousness is imaginary. LOOK! You're imagining it right now!

You sneaky bastard! ;)

There is no such thing as unconsciousness. All unconsciousness is imagined by consciousness. That's the ultimate trick. You can't be unconscious, you can only imagine you were unconscious in the past -- which is the Dream you weave.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are eternally conscious right now, you always have been, and you always will be.

You sneaky bastard! ;)

There is no such thing as unconsciousness. All unconsciousness is imagined by consciousness. That's the ultimate trick. You can't be unconscious, you can only imagine you were unconscious in the past -- which is the Dream.

You know what he means though. At the absolute level there’s no death. But what does consciousness do at the end of this incarnation?

6 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

You know what he means though. At the absolute level there’s no death. But what does consciousness do at the end of this incarnation?

It's radical. There is no "this incarnation". That's the dream.

"The end" is something you're imagining. There is no beginning and there is no end.

Realize this: if you stop imagining a future, the end becomes literally impossible, since you cease to create it.

Imagine being so present, so conscious that you literally cannot die anymore.

Now, do it! Become Eternal. Stop believing your own constructions. Death is a construction.

@Leo Gura why do we return to this dream after leaving the dream temporarily though. God is infinitely conscious so why does God return to this specific dream upon awakening to itself/ dying before you physically die.

I mean it's one thing to become conscious that you only exist as idea but then why return to this dream.

Why not just start dreaming up something else?

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's radical. There is no "this incarnation". That's the dream.

"The end" is something you're imagining. There is no beginning and there is no end.

Realize this: if you stop imagining a future, the end becomes literally impossible, since you cease to create it.

Imagine being so present, so conscious that you literally cannot die anymore.

Now, do it! Become Eternal. Stop believing your own constructions. Death is a construction.

Yep. So to with cause and effect -- when you cease to imagine them to be real (higher level of imagination), they aren't real.

55 minutes ago, Godishere said:

but then why return to this dream.

Why not? What else is there to do?

The dream has a very powerful momentum necessary to make it feel real. If you could jump out of it will-nilly it wouldn't have felt real to begin with.

You are extremely attached to this dream.

Because then you'd be asking why not dream up something else? You can keep asking that question until you end up right where you are now.

49 minutes ago, Godishere said:

You as God masterfully locked yourself into a particular form so that you can experience a particular finite form.  You are so masterful that you cant even escape your own dream by just breaking out of it because the form remains.   That was the failsafe you imposed on yourself as God :). But after awakening you also realize there was never a need for the form to go, because form and Formless are One.  It's all perfection and Love and there is no need to dream something else as this would be choosing one dream over another 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Leo Gura How do you explain that death, suffering and everything else is imaginary but not SIBO or energy levels after meals in recordings that we can access now in your blog (eg https://www.actualized.org/insights/water-fast-ends-carnivore-diet-begins) ? Are variations of perception of imaginaryness in the present moment linked to the reason you dislike  Sadhguru making jokes of Vedenta as a reality check ?

38 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You as God masterfully locked yourself into a particular form so that you can experience a particular finite form.  You are so masterful that you cant even escape your own dream by just breaking out of it because the form remains.   That was the failsafe you imposed on yourself as God :). But after awakening you also realize there was never a need for the form to go, because form and Formless are One.  It's all perfection and Love and there is no need to dream something else as this would be choosing one dream over another 

Perfect

25 minutes ago, Tetcher2 said:

@Leo Gura How do you explain that death, suffering and everything else is imaginary but not SIBO or energy levels after meals in recordings that we can access now in your blog (eg https://www.actualized.org/insights/water-fast-ends-carnivore-diet-begins) ? Are variations of perception of imaginaryness in the present moment linked to the reason you dislike  Sadhguru making jokes of Vedenta as a reality check ?

Of course SIBO and the entire past is imaginary.

Sadhguru making an absurd strawman of Vedanta makes him look like a fool to anyone who seriously understands Vedanta. If he likes looking foolish, then I got no quarrel with him. Although I am concenred by how it misleads his sheepish followers.

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course SIBO and the entire past is imaginary.

Sadhguru making an absurd strawman of Vedanta makes him look like a fool to anyone who seriously understands Vedanta. If he likes looking foolish, then I got no quarrel with him. Although I am concenred by how it misleads his sheepish followers.

That's great to hear. All that was ever needed with this psychedelics, suffering, detox, meditative/yogic practices, energy levels, thyroid, SIBO bullshit was to realize it's all imaginary. Surely the POV that imaginarily promoted those issues will no longer imaginarily promote them, will no longer need to take imaginary psychedelics and if it does the existence should just repeat how imaginary it is instead of feeding the drama of it, although what's strange is that POV didn't like when (imaginary) doctors told it those issues were psychological (ie imaginary). Imagination likes to contradict itself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You sneaky bastard! ;)

There is no such thing as unconsciousness. All unconsciousness is imagined by consciousness. That's the ultimate trick. You can't be unconscious, you can only imagine you were unconscious in the past -- which is the Dream you weave.

It would be something quite different from a toad trip wouldn’t it (once you cross over into literal death), but how would you explain the difference?

You said before that during a trip you felt you had the option to go further and die and you'd take literally everything with you. How would you describe these things and what happens to an average Joe on the streets?

I think this is ultimately the most difficult element to comprehend.

I know a typical Atheist will say "it's like an infinite dreamless sleep" or "neverending anaesthetic" or something to that effect. Is there any perceived difference in this ideology?

A lot of people have different interpretations. I have considered myself for example "what happens to a character in my dreams when I stop dreaming of them?" And I realize that I the dreamer do not go anywhere, but what is it like for that character that is me?

11 minutes ago, yungtrippa said:

@Leo Gura So... you gonna answer Bipolar's question? We just wanna know Leo, you gotta let this cat out the bag some day xD.

He's indicated several times in videos over the past couple years that he has not, at least in the context you all have suggested. But there are different types of cessations. Ego-death is cessation -- there's no experiencer. God-realization; etc. If we were to get real precise we could say there is only cessation, but that's not helpful.

@Leo Gura You are absolutely correct. Cessation is an imagination. But the trick is that death is the grandest illusion. NS has the best sustained baseline gains for sure, but the beauty was not the NS. It was becoming perfectly God-Realized before and after which is the beauty in it. Buddhists miss that part. Noobs. 

I imagine I would’ve chatted with you for a good few hours once in the singularity. Or maybe more like eternity? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY