A human

Hey leo what would you do if you were in my position?

24 posts in this topic

So i have mentioned before in this forum that i am from somalia. And as you can guess from someone who is a hardcore fan of actualized.org i am not religious person and there is a death penalty for the people who don’t believe islam in somalia. I am 18 years old And i have lived my whole life in somalia. I came to turkey few months ago because my family sent me here to study university and i am pretty much exposed that i am not a muslim anymore to my family because they noticed that i don’t pray 5 times a day anymore. So an opportunity presented itself to me to cross the borders of Greece illegally by paying smugglers and become a refugee on  one of the european countries otherwise if i stay in here in turkey i might sent back to somalia by my family and i don’t what will from happen from there or they will just cut my the money they are sending to me. So leo what would you do if you were born on this side of the world? Let me know guys what you think? 

9 minutes ago, A human said:

and i am pretty much exposed that i am not a muslim anymore to my family because they noticed that i don’t pray 5 times a day anymore

How did they notice?

7 minutes ago, Tim R said:

How did they notice?

Because i didn’t pray when the time of praying came most of the time. I live with my two sisters right now and because you live with someone everyday definitely they would notice. And i talked most of the time about my view about the world even once my sister said that i have weird thoughts and i think in weird way than they do. 

I would get outta there as quickly as possible. Don't hang around losers.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I would get outta there as quickly as possible. Don't hang around losers.

Thank you for your response leo.  I am definitely going to leave here because of the risk of me staying in here outweighs  the risk me going to another places. 

Do it and don't even look back. My mind is blown everyday from how crazy the world still is. Just know that this is also very risky and that you will face many difficulties. 

8 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

Do it and don't even look back. My mind is blown everyday from how crazy the world still is. Just know that this is also very risky and that you will face many difficulties. 

Yeah i know there will be a lot of difficulties along the way but i got to survive. 

3 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@A human I wish you good luck, friend??!

Thank you i appreciate it. 

All the best of you luck to you. Hope it turns out alright. 

your life is, your life.

don't let it be clubbed into dank submission.

Charles Bukowski

If you run friend, for your safety you must maintain the appearance that nothing has changed. Anyone that can rat you out to your family will likely do it. It has to be to late for anyone trying to stop you. But I would like to get second opinion if someone disagrees. Would hate to give bad advice.

Definitely try to get to Greece / other countries as soon as possible.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, A human said:

So an opportunity presented itself to me to cross the borders of Greece illegally by paying smugglers and become a refugee on  one of the european countries

It sounds hopeful.  I would leave.  What does your gut tell you?   Does it cost a lot of money upfront?  

I wish you all the lucks ❣

Edited by Tim Ho

Hakuna matata

Posted (edited)

If you will leave you got to be careful not to get illigally send back to turkey by border guards and it would be better not to declare asylum in greece because a lot of people get forced in concentration camp like places for deterrence. Google camp lesbos. 

You need to make plans and inform about the rights and routes in each country and be prepared to get harmed or robbed by border guards in the process. 

Is there any possibility for you get in the eu legally by plane and then apply for asylum? I had a friend from gaza who did that. 

Edited by Seeker531

2 hours ago, Seeker531 said:

If you will leave you got to be careful not to get illigally send back to turkey by border guards and it would be better not to declare asylum in greece because a lot of people get forced in concentration camp like places for deterrence. Google camp lesbos. 

You need to make plans and inform about the rights and routes in each country and be prepared to get harmed or robbed by border guards in the process. 

Is there any possibility for you get in the eu legally by plane and then apply for asylum? I had a friend from gaza who did that. 

I have looked many ways and tried to find the least risky option but because of the somali passport my options are limited. 

12 hours ago, Myegolikestacos said:

If you run friend, for your safety you must maintain the appearance that nothing has changed. Anyone that can rat you out to your family will likely do it. It has to be to late for anyone trying to stop you. But I would like to get second opinion if someone disagrees. Would hate to give bad advice.

I agree with you friend. Thank you for the advice. 

21 hours ago, A human said:

So i have mentioned before in this forum that i am from somalia. And as you can guess from someone who is a hardcore fan of actualized.org i am not religious person and there is a death penalty for the people who don’t believe islam in somalia. I am 18 years old And i have lived my whole life in somalia. I came to turkey few months ago because my family sent me here to study university and i am pretty much exposed that i am not a muslim anymore to my family because they noticed that i don’t pray 5 times a day anymore. So an opportunity presented itself to me to cross the borders of Greece illegally by paying smugglers and become a refugee on  one of the european countries otherwise if i stay in here in turkey i might sent back to somalia by my family and i don’t what will from happen from there or they will just cut my the money they are sending to me. So leo what would you do if you were born on this side of the world? Let me know guys what you think? 

Can you make your own living while studying in Turkey? It's not a terrible country, there's no death penalty, right? Would your family put you in danger aside from stopping your monetary support?

If you can get a visa, it would be much better to come to Europe as a student than as a refugee. I imagine refugee camps are no fun. 

19 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

Can you make your own living while studying in Turkey? It's not a terrible country, there's no death penalty, right? Would your family put you in danger aside from stopping your monetary support?

If you can get a visa, it would be much better to come to Europe as a student than as a refugee. I imagine refugee camps are no fun. 

Absolutely refugee camps are no fun. I can’t make any money in turkey. I have no skill and the economy in here is bad. I have looked into many universities online i even took some exams trying to get a visa but i couldn’t find anything this is because lack of information and most of them don’t accept my high school degree .