actualizing25

I'm pursuing enlightenment because I seek happiness and peace. How to let go?

11 posts in this topic

So my main motivation for awakening is the promised happiness and peace all the gurus are talking about. Of course Im also interested in understanding reality and god, but that's not my main motivation/main focus. I dont want to escape any kind of suffering, because Im not suffering very much and my life is pretty good, but Im intuiting that there is something more to life than just materialism, something that brings real happiness. Im currently trying to let go of wanting lasting peace and happiness through enlightenment, but it's very hard. How can I bring myself to wanting to understand reality more and pursue awakening because of this motivation rather than the other one? Because Leo always says that if happiness or true fullfillment is your main motivation for awakening you will never reach it, which I dont understand because there are so many gurus, so many books written about it that are saying that it is possible.

Whats your advice on that issue? Thank you very much. I appreciate every answer :D

What is wrong in pursuing Enlightment got happiness and fullfilment apart than Leo says it so? 

25 minutes ago, actualizing25 said:

So my main motivation for awakening is the promised happiness and peace all the gurus are talking about. Of course Im also interested in understanding reality and god, but that's not my main motivation/main focus. I dont want to escape any kind of suffering, because Im not suffering very much and my life is pretty good, but Im intuiting that there is something more to life than just materialism, something that brings real happiness. Im currently trying to let go of wanting lasting peace and happiness through enlightenment, but it's very hard. How can I bring myself to wanting to understand reality more and pursue awakening because of this motivation rather than the other one? Because Leo always says that if happiness or true fullfillment is your main motivation for awakening you will never reach it, which I dont understand because there are so many gurus, so many books written about it that are saying that it is possible.

Whats your advice on that issue? Thank you very much. I appreciate every answer :D

If your lifes pretty good, and you don't suffer much, consider yourself lucky.  What more do you want? 

@actualizing25 .

Maybe it won't be enough for going all the way but I wouldn't worry about it for now. When the day comes where happiness and peace is present a new want for truth might appear.

@Mu_ I consider myself lucky, sure, the country im living in, Germany (Spriral Dynamics Stage Orange/Green), really makes a good and happy life possible, but I deeply intuit that there is more to life, and here the spiritual realm begins

@Javfly33 Nothing wrong, but he always says that enlightenment will not be possible, if your motivation is happiness/peace

2 minutes ago, actualizing25 said:

@Javfly33 Nothing wrong, but he always says that enlightenment will not be possible, if your motivation is happiness/peace

You’ll have to really have a strong desire in most cases. Intense suffering can be good for giving the motivation needed. Regardless, there are not rules to enlightenment really. It’s always a unique process. Maybe something in your life will work out to where you do become enlightened with happiness and peace as motivation. It would probably happen due to a change in heart and greater passion to know God or something similar that stemmed from experiencing the peace and happiness you want. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I'm not sure, but I think that for this you have to be born. you have to have a fire inside that wants the truth, because if you don't you will stop before.

5 hours ago, actualizing25 said:

@Mu_ I consider myself lucky, sure, the country im living in, Germany (Spriral Dynamics Stage Orange/Green), really makes a good and happy life possible, but I deeply intuit that there is more to life, and here the spiritual realm begins

Well the funny thing is, "the spiritual realm begins" is actually whats happening now.  So do you want more happiness, more peace, more often?

@actualizing25 it's ok to pursue peace. Even understanding God and reality can help with that. You may find there is more to life than not suffering. When you do have moments of bliss, think to yourself: "ok, what's next?" 

"You Create Magic"