Adodd

An honest inquiry on psychedlics

12 posts in this topic

Not bashing them. I have used lsd, dmt, dmt+maoi, and small amounts of mushrooms(1.5 grams or less). I have had great experiences every time that I have been able to integrate into my life. If it were not for psychedlics I honestly doubt I would be as content or kind as I am now and I know others with similar stories. I want to use a large amount of mushrooms but for some reason I am a bit unsure of mushrooms. Not like fearful but just highly cautious. I have heard of mushroom trip reports that are absolutely nuts and have even heard a few stories of people having long-term psychotic breaks. The psychotic breaks of course scare more than an intense trip. Are there any ways to have a better idea how a specific person may react AFTER the trip? I of course am an adult and know that there is no 100% guarantee when it comes to this stuff.

The idea that mushrooms cause more psychotic breaks than say LSD is probably just flat out false if you had the real data. Shrooms were safer than marijuana in one study which examined emergency room visits relative the the total number of people engaging in using that substance. Marijuana causes psychotic breaks in both people with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It is incredibly unlikely that shrooms will act in some way that is more dangerous than other serotonergic psychedelics. Yeah, if you do 50ug of LSD then take 20 dried grams of shrooms and go psychotic, don’t be surprised. It’s more of a dose issue than a specific substance when we’re talking about such things. 

What you should really worry about is substances that not only stimulate serotonin systems but dopamine systems as well. This is stuff like MDMA and other stimulant-type psychedelics. LSD is more of a worry than shrooms here, but it’s really not that dangerous for breaks when compared to more dopaminergic drugs. Simply drinking too much coffee can cause a psychotic break which could result in uncovering a dormant mental illness. I had a manic episode from Prozac (prescribed) and a couple shots of espresso. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Adodd consider one thing. 

You don't know these people.

If someone takes shrooms on a festival, if someone is watching all his life TV shit, have a bad life, is a liar, stupid, bad person, dirty mind ,too young( as the most) bad setting, on  an party with some friends and cold beer and many more other things. 

Don't wonder why they have bad trips!

Mushrooms can be very challenging at higher doses because they are so twisted and chaotic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Mushrooms can be very challenging at higher doses because they are so twisted and chaotic.

True, but only if the ego wants to make sense of it. If the control is let go, the crystal clear light of awareness looks through all the impossibilities and paradoxes that come with an intense mushroom trip. At least that's what I took away from that one high dosed trip.

I am positive about high doses of shrooms, you just need a perfect setting for 4 hours, when the most intense effects happen. You have to be ready to get pinned for 2 hours to your sofa not being able to move from the bodyload if you happen to get it, otherwise, great experience.

No matter how twisted the trip is, I maintain full consciousness over how much time has passed, which is super helpful in not freaking out. If you don't have that ability and can get fooled that you are "trapped in a loop" or something, then make your own judgement wheter you are able to bear it.

I think LSD has harsher mindspace than shrooms. Shrooms are easier to manage. LSD is more spiritual, too, though. And better for thinking about complex ideas, refining insights. LSD overall is the superior psychedelic, haha. I would like to have something in my collection that is exactly like LSD, but lasts 3-4 hours.

Edited by Girzo

I  once did a mushroom trip with mushrooms handpicked in nature  by the Mazatecs (los niños santos).   It was more powerful than Ayahuasca without any body load.   The Shaman explained to me that a lot of the problems with mushroom experiences is that the mushrooms aren’t pure. Growers may create hybrids and mix mushroom types that are not compatible.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Breakingthewall 12 times. It has been my first psychedelic ever actually. Full effects, peak + coming down, last 6 hours and it is not an experience as deep as LSD. :(

1 hour ago, EmptyVase said:

True, but only if the ego wants to make sense of it. If the control is let go, the crystal clear light of awareness looks through all the impossibilities and paradoxes that come with an intense mushroom trip. At least that's what I took away from that one high dosed trip.

How much of g was that dose?

@Alex_R

11,25g of potent magic truffles. Must've been the equivalent of about 4.5g of cubensis golden teacher.

I will be doing 4 grams sometime in the next couple weeks. We will see?