Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Advika (a Hindu girl) and Abdul (a Muslim guy)

10 posts in this topic

A love story. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I have chosen a few pictures for Abdul and Advika 

Edited by Preety_India

Advika will look like a traditional Hindu girl.

5bll64.jpg

For Abdul I selected two pictures that make him look really handsome. 

5blvfd.jpg

5blvbt.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

I've been exploring Muslim culture lately. 

And I have developed a strong admiration for Muslim men Countries like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria are very exciting to read about. 

My fascination about Muslims began in pre teen years when I read the story of Abdullah of the Land, Abdullah of the Sea, when I began fantasizing Muslim culture as images of people carrying goods for trade, wearing turbans and silky dresses, lot of velvet, gorgeous designs on clothing, jewelry consisting of precious gems, swords, pirate - like costumes, decorated headdresses, tall muscular bearded men, headscarves, long gowns as costumes for men, the way its in Saudi Arabia, sometimes the short knee length perahan o tunban(as shown in the picture below) a typical Muslim outfit. 

5bm1vw.jpg

So the muslin men that I fantasized about would look like tall bearded men with long angular faces, piercing eyes, sharp facial features, thick eyebrows, and head full of jet black hair. 

The skin color would vary from pale to dark, especially depending on their occupation. Those who had to do hard manual labor in the sun appeared darker because of a natural sun tan. 

Those who held royal positions and always lived in palaces probably had paler skin. 

The story is set in the backdrop of tense cultural and communal relations between Hindus and Muslims. 

The story is set a few centuries old. 

The beginning of the story involves Muslims from countries like SAUDI Arabia, Uzbekistan, Syria, Iran and Iraq traveling in search of different trade routes for their empires. They want new trade routes and they have exhausted their trade businesses  with Egypt and surrounding countries of North Africa. Now they must seek other far off places to exchange goods and look for new goods in different cultures 

The Muslim ruler in Syria during the time suggests moving towards parts of Asia and they set sail towards the East. 

As they cross the Persian Gulf, they enter the Arabian Sea and finally sail deep into the Indian Ocean. 

After sailing for weeks, they finally see something in the distance - a piece of land. 

As they land on the shores of this new land, they see fishermen folding nets and gathering fish in baskets. These people are wearing colorful eccentric costumes and there's too much chaos going on.

One of the men on the ship is Abdul. 

Abdul approaches one of the fishermen to ask them what language they speak. The fisherman is clueless and a bit scared looking at strangers on his land. 

Abdul tries his luck with sign language. No luck. 

The fisherman drops his net and runs off. 

Abdul and others on the ship are too exhausted from their journey. 

They would need food and water and a place to sleep. They don't intend to stay on the ship as they are too bored and tired having spent weeks at the sea. They are really looking for a temporary guest lodge or house where they can rest. 

In the distance they see a person wearing a colorful long gown approaching them. 

When the person gets nearer, they realize it's a woman. She is extremely beautiful with flowers in her hair. The men are astounded and a bit nervous, not knowing how to approach her. 

Her name is Padmavati. She asks the men some questions in her own language. But they don't understand what she is saying. 

The men speak Arabic and Padmavati knows not a word of it. 

But Padmavati senses their frustration and goes back to her house to get some water and food for the thirsty travelers 

The men are very delighted by her hospitality and they try to tell her through hand signs that they need a place to stay. 

Edited by Preety_India

Names chosen in advance for characters 

Adripati

Advika and Abdul

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

The men are very delighted by her hospitality and they try to tell her through hand signs that they need a place to stay. 

Luckily Padmavati's neighbor Badrinath has a ton of space and rooms and so Padmavati guides the weary travelers to his house where they spend the rest of the night in deep sleep out of sheer exhaustion.. 

Within a few months of being there, one of the travelers has picked up the local language of hindi and has become partially fluent. Soon he is able to act as an interpreter and translator to his fellow men. 

His name is SHAHBAZ