EntheogenTruthSeeker

Best alternative to Psychecelics?

21 posts in this topic

These awakenings need grounding and further depth because there is some delusion and hypomania that is making me embarrassed to be a human being and feeling very hopeless cause everyone is not accepting me in these raw and vulnerable states. 

fasting

Juice cleanse

carnivore diet

float tank 

dark room retreat

etc? Any suggestion everyone? Particularly grounding practices like Ralston's grounded openness

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

4 minutes ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

These awakenings need grounding and further depth because there is some delusion and hypomania that is making me embarrassed to be a human being and feeling very hopeless cause everyone is not accepting me in these raw and vulnerable states. 

fasting

Juice cleanse

carnivore diet

float tank 

dark room retreat

etc? Any suggestion everyone? Particularly grounding practices like Ralston's grounded openness

All the things that you've listed (except carnivore diet) will do the opposite of grounding.

From what you've been posting it seems like you need to work on loving and accepting yourself so that you're not dependent on attention, love and acceptance from others.

17 minutes ago, vladorion said:

(except carnivore diet)

What exactly would this do for this work? I'm interested in learning. 

I would suggest daily exercise, a balanced healthy diet, meditation every morning. You are in this for the long haul, focus on making a daily routine that grounds you. Regularly express yourself in a focused way as need rises, such as through writing in a journal. Maybe make one in the journal section here. Notice that you don't need others to hear what you express but the expression itself is the important part and you are doing it for yourself, no one else. Let go of what others think, noticing that your thoughts of what others think are always your own thoughts. You can entertain these thoughts or not, it's up to you. Notice the need for others to accept you but instead work on accepting yourself and naturally there will be much less conflict in this area. 

An awakening is a revelation of complete self love and acceptance and sometimes some turbulence arises when the mind comes back in to own this. The mind having lost its old identity, but still working with the framework of identification has the tendency to see immediate events or its immediate environment and to re-identify with something new. Insights, revelations, people, places, psychedelics and other objects around an awakening can be credited with having a special power that they do not have, a power that is actually not separate from what you are. To the identified mind this power seems incredibly mundane and so it will overlook it in search of something better. In my opinion Rupert Spira's teachings are incredible for helping you to see through the mundane/fantastical duality that can become problematic post awakening and make us want something grounding. Also walks in nature, yoga, any kind of meditation are great. Steer clear of anything drastic right now. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, Tovius said:

What exactly would this do for this work? I'm interested in learning. 

Nothing, really. But eating meat is good for grounding.

Body Therapy, Tantra, Breathwork, Yoga etc.

In a Tantra retreat, I had a love breakthrough with a simple eye-gazing exercise.

I experienced pure love for a few minutes stone sober. 

@vladorion @mandyjw @Enchantment @Recursoinominado God bless you guys. Going on a 14 day fast. I do good with fasting. Gonna use salt and magnesium like Leo then will do carnivore. 

Going on a 30 day sobriety journey as of today. Not working. Kinda like Leo’s 30 day healing journeys; but more relaxed. 

I’ll do more silent mediation and prayer of course. I feel way more grounded today than other days. Also probably gonna go to Detroit witch shop and get some earth stones. 

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

@EntheogenTruthSeeker I think your understanding of what it means to "ground" yourself is a bit off.

To ground yourself means to get in touch with survival and life again, but in a conscious way. Find ways of literally getting in touch with different things or people. It might be friends, family, nature, animals, your body, exercise, diet, etc. 

I'm really not sure if fasting is a good way of grounding yourself, maybe someone else with fasting experience can say a few words on that? Same goes for float tank and dark room retreat, they are not good ways for grounding. 

To be grounded in yourself and life means to feel stable. You need to simplify your life, not introduce float tanks, fasting or some impoverished meat diet. You need to feel like someone who lives and works on a farm, who has a very direct and firm grip on life. 

Grounding also means to take it easy. You don't want to strain yourself, either mentally or physically. And all the things you listed will not make your life easier, on the contrary. 

1 hour ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

@vladorion @mandyjw @Enchantment @Recursoinominado God bless you guys. Going on a 14 day fast. I do good with fasting. Gonna use salt and magnesium like Leo then will do carnivore. 

Going on a 30 day sobriety journey as of today. Not working. Kinda like Leo’s 30 day healing journeys; but more relaxed. 

I’ll do more silent mediation and prayer of course. I feel way more grounded today than other days. Also probably gonna go to Detroit witch shop and get some earth stones. 

Make sure you break your fast properly. It should take a while before you can eat meat after a 14 day fast.

@EntheogenTruthSeeker You talk about wanting to be grounded and mention a bunch of spiritual techniques? 

If you want to ground yourself, workout, integrate lessons you've learned, focus on fundamentals, talk to people, make friends and take a step back from extreme spirituality.

Unless you have a good reason, carnivore is pretty stupid, Don't just blindly copy Leo. 

Nutmeg. In high doses can cause hallucinations 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Godhead I know.  It can be. Thanks for the caution. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

You can take Psychecelics inside a Lucid Dream

11 hours ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

there is some delusion and hypomania that is making me embarrassed to be a human being

2 hours ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

Going on a 14 day fast.

I would advise against fasting if you have bipolar.

The key is balance with all things in life from diet, sleep, exercise, time in nature, etc. for optimal health with a mood disorder.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

24 minutes ago, Alex_R said:

You can take Psychecelics inside a Lucid Dream

+1 on this one. Actually works wonders.

beep boop

This thread is full of stupid, stupid, stupid absurd advice.  Don't listen to it.

If you want to be grounded, you have to let go of your desire for spiritual growth, and stop thinking in spiritual terms for a good long while.  Be a part of your local community, step up and be more helpful and supportive with your family and friends.  Visit your grandma and spend the day with her.  Pick up a hobby and take it seriously.  Build something.  Learn about your local plants and animals.  Write a journal not of thoughts and ideas, but of memories and things you've actually done.  Visit somewhere new or somewhere old, and throughout all this simply remain *mindful* of the things you're doing and experiencing.

If you want to be grounded, you're going to have to do exactly the kinds of things your spiritual ego thinks it is above doing.

Exercise, reading, travel

Maybe give yourself a break of all of those spiritual revolving things to integrate yourself man.

A deep trip is great but only if you allow yourself the time to integrate it and sober it up, everybody would go 100% unstable if their acid would never come down no matter how good the trip was!