Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Should one pursue truth all the time?

14 posts in this topic

What happens when the truth is not in someone's good interests. 

Should one still follow the truth? 

Wouldn't the higher truth be the pursuit of best interests? 

 


 INFJ loner... .shy girl.. 

Quick access to journal entries

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

What happens when the truth is not in someone's good interests. 

Should one still follow the truth? 

Wouldn't the higher truth be the pursuit of best interests? 

 

If you want to know the Truth then yes. That's not what everyone wants so you have to make a choice. Pursuit of best interests, what serves you best would be an egoic pursuit.


Only the phonies won't end up enlightened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Follow your greatest desire wherever and whenever possible. It’s that simple really. If Truth is that greatest desire, then go for it. It’s a worthwhile goal. 


You mistake my Raja Yoga. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is not everyone want their illusions destroyed, most of us enjoy our self-induced fantasy. But if you have a desire for truth then you should commit because you can discover Truth only if you are willing to give your whole mind and heart to it, not a few moments of your easily spared time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Absolute said:

The thing is not everyone want their illusions destroyed, most of us enjoy our self-induced fantasy. But if you have a desire for truth then you should commit because you can discover Truth only if you are willing to give your whole mind and heart to it, not a few moments of your easily spared time.

I second this


The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

What happens when the truth is not in someone's good interests. 

Should one still follow the truth? 

Wouldn't the higher truth be the pursuit of best interests? 

This question is based on the assumption of "one's best interest". But what is one's best interest? Aka "what do I want". That's the key question.

Because look, whatever the answer is, you're still going to act in your "best interest", whatever that might mean for you - even when you think you act contrary to your "best interest", because whatever you do, you're doing it out of the motivation of "this is what I want to do". But this is a very counter-intuitive thing to see. Especially when on the surface, it seems that one is not acting in "one's best interest" (again, you must watch out for what you mean by that) and that one does something one "doesn't want to do". 

After a certain point, what I want and what I don't want is a duality that can collapse. You can see this quite clearly with self-destructive behavior patterns. 

To go back to your question: should you pursue anything? No.

"Should" is arbitrary and also based on the assumption of "best interest". 

The point is to realize that whatever you do, you can't get out of "I'm acting selfishly". Then you try to stop acting selfishly but you find that this is also selfishly motivated. So you get to the point of utter and complete frustration (if you really try hard), and there you can see through the whole thing and realize:

I cannot not want, but I also cannot want - and both are hoaxes anyway, because I didn't know who I am. 

Edited by Tim R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a very wise quote by Manly P Hall.

The Individual absorbs Knowledge, But Truth absorbs the Individual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Quantum Toad said:

There is a very wise quote by Manly P Hall.

The Individual absorbs Knowledge, But Truth absorbs the Individual.

Aren't both equally important? 

 


 INFJ loner... .shy girl.. 

Quick access to journal entries

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not a matter of profit or interest, it is about total honesty. If you perceive in you a deep desire for honesty, integrity, truth, there is only one way for you. the rest is poor, miserable, fake gold to adorn and lie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Preety_India If Truth sets 'you' free and gives peace that transcends all understanding, why would 'one' not want to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truth suggests their is something false. There is nothing false- only misunderstandings and or poor translation.

Truth isn't somewhere else, its already the case. Its THIS.

Truth is a concept created within the dualistic dream story of individuality.

The knower/full glasser never recognizes THIS.

Only nobody finds THIS...❤


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Truth suggests their is something false. There is nothing false- only misunderstandings and or poor translation.

Truth isn't somewhere else, its already the case. Its THIS.

Truth is a concept created within the dualistic dream story of individuality.

The knower/full glasser never recognizes THIS.

Only nobody finds THIS...❤

6 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Follow your greatest desire wherever and whenever possible. It’s that simple really. If Truth is that greatest desire, then go for it. It’s a worthwhile goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Careful. "Truth" or your interpretation of truth can sometimes be sought in an unhealthy way...for example, choosing [what you see as] truth over a relationship with a family member...would be something to consider carefully. Like if your wife asks you if her ass looks fat in those jeans, just put truth to one side for a moment and don't wreck your marriage lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aaron p

 

You cannot not pursue it dont you see.

Its staring you right in the face and your blind to it. Whatever you do it will always be the thing that needs to be done. until the thing that needs to be done is done noone can tell you what to do next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0