TreyMoney

Enlightenment is pointlessness

17 posts in this topic

If you are new to spirituality or enlightenment, do not waste your time chasing the ultimate truth unless you absolutely have to, meaning you have a BURNING DESIRE that you cannot get rid of and you absolutely need to find the true nature of reality.

If you pursue enlightenment what you will ultimately discover is that reality is pointlessness, senselessness, meaningless, devoid of meaning. 

This doesn't mean reality is bad, it just means it is without meaning. It is no thing. No thing cannot have meaning.

Enlightenment will not solve any of your everyday problems and can actually make them worse.

You are simultaneously living in two realities: the enlightened reality which is meaningless, and the experiential reality which means whatever you want it to mean for you.

Pursue the latter and forget the former unless you absolutely cannot.

Cheers to health, wealth, peace and love.

TreyMoney

Edited by TreyMoney

It sounds like you’re kinda shitting on your own parade man. The relativity of meaning is only a downside if you’re being shortsighted. There are ultimately no limits that have to contain you. You can develop in many different directions. There are levels of meaning you can create for yourself which would make you explode with joy and bliss. It’s a really underexposed idea in spirituality. Everyone is focused on deconstruction and getting rid of attachments and such that they miss the bigger picture. This is your creative roadshow. Stop trying to escape it. You can create the most amazing experience for yourself and in some cases others thanks only to accurate Self knowledge. 

P.S. - You’re not necessarily wrong with anything you say. From an absolute level, things do not have prescribed meaning. The issue is this realization gives you the freedom to create a very positive or negative outlook. What’s the advantage in choosing a negative perspective for yourself when both are equally valid? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Enlighment is not the point but compassion.

You know, pschycodelics don't produce in me weird states of consciousness but a clear message: be more compassion, fullfill your moral duties.

Christians is a religion of moral action and West religion is about contenplation. That's why the west is morally superior. Because compassion > enlighment. Compassion is wiser than enlighment. The widest man in the world would become a misoner like santa teresa not a mystic like maharani.

Edited by RedLine

Just don't forget that having a point is pointless ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The question of meaning only arises when you're living in your mind.

Enlightenment will not solve any of your everyday problems and can actually make them worse.

If your life is a mess and you have a lot of issues, you're not enlightened.

@vladorion

2 hours ago, vladorion said:

The question of meaning only arises when you're living in your mind.

If your life is a mess and you have a lot of issues, you're not enlightened.

Meant "Chasing enlightenment will not solve any of your everyday problems and can actually make them worse."

Yes, life problems are total illusions from the enlightened state, but only no one exists in the enlightened state.

Hey, I hope this thread is not coming off as a "non-dual war".

I simply meant for it to be a warning for newcomers to enlightenment and to give the perspective of someone who feels they did things "out of order"....i.e. pursed enlightenment before pursuing self improvement / self actualization.

Cheers to health, wealth, peace and love.

TreyMoney

It’s what’s I did. There was no choice though. Just kind of seemed to happen. On the other side though, it’s seen how laughable it was to pursue enlightenment. Pursuing enlightenment is synonymous with (unsuccessfully but apparently successfully) avoiding enlightenment (death), literally.

Edited by The0Self

Yes I think so too. Upon death everything and everyone is identical so what a waste of time? 

37 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Yes I think so too. Upon death everything and everyone is identical so what a waste of time? 

But then you'll take on another body and your new circumstances will depend on your state of consciousness because your life is simply a reflection of your state of consciousness.

The more egoic delusions you work through, the better off you are.

This is why most people have to first go through intense suffering before they get the desire to awaken.  

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

11 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

This is why most people have to first go through intense suffering before they get the desire to awaken.  

Or go through intense awakenings before they get the desire to sleep.

13 minutes ago, traveler said:

Or go through intense awakenings before they get the desire to sleep.

Usually drug induced awakenings that they were not ready for.

2 hours ago, vladorion said:

But then you'll take on another body and your new circumstances will depend on your state of consciousness because your life is simply a reflection of your state of consciousness.

The more egoic delusions you work through, the better off you are.

I don't believe that, I feel very sure there is absolutely no rhyme or reason. I have had full ego death  there was no me or life left to matter to anything or anyone.

Exactly because it's freedom for no one which is already the case

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi