tommysalerno

On my quest for truth, I went to a strip club

11 posts in this topic

Since I must search for truth everywhere,  even under my bed, I went to a miami strip club last night for the very first time. I already had a strong inkling that behind this door is a complete trap that people get stuck in on the never ending merry go round of pleasure but I couldn't assume anything. I nevertheless had to walk through it. I had to experience it as a small step in my growth. I am a younger guy (24) and always wanted to go to a strip club before I got into spiritual work, so this experience allowed me let go of that within me. 

So what happened?

I walked in the strip club with my coworker, he paid my cover charge unexpectedly. (I already had the commitment to myself before going that I would spend the least amount of money possible and not consume any alcohol)

Me and my coworker met up with my manager who was completely in his alter ego, he had gold grill on his teeth and a huge chain with a gold watch. He already had a girl dancing with him. Well we sat down, ordered drinks (I ordered water) and I just observed. I took everything in, the smells, the colors, the women, my desire within me, and my anxiety of being in a novel environment which brought uncomfort. I observed all the men that engage in these activities. I even observed some women beyond their physicality, into their energies and body language, I sensed lower vibrations like shame, guilt, insecurity. And to note, all of this observation that night was all from a non judgemental non attached way, it was just curiosity. 

I sat all night in the same chair and just looked around for 3 hours, just appreciating the physical beauty. I was just appreciating from a detached not engaged way and it was great. I didn't get a lap dance, or a private room, or a massage or even tipped any women, I just sat there. Some girls approached me and asked if I wanted a dance and I politely declined and that was it. Nothing special. 

I probably won't step back into a strip club again, but if the strip clubs calls for me again then perhaps I must.

Oh and by the way, I was able to end the night without spending a single dime or drinking alcohol... ( even after the a lot of peer pressure from coworker/manager)

Thanks for reading! 

Edited by tommysalerno

This brings me in contact with the existential aesthetic I loved so much in The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Hedonism and vanity. I don’t think it’s wise to let spirituality extinguish lust. To me, to demonize or drive out anything is exactly when spirituality has devolved. Sin is one of the most intricate of gifts. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Searching for "truth" but from a distance lol

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 hours ago, tommysalerno said:

Since I must search for truth everywhere,  even under my bed, I went to a miami strip club last night for the very first time. I already had a strong inkling that behind this door is a complete trap that people get stuck in on the never ending merry go round of pleasure but I couldn't assume anything. I nevertheless had to walk through it. I had to experience it as a small step in my growth. I am a younger guy (24) and always wanted to go to a strip club before I got into spiritual work, so this experience allowed me let go of that within me. 

So what happened?

I walked in the strip club with my coworker, he paid my cover charge unexpectedly. (I already had the commitment to myself before going that I would spend the least amount of money possible and not consume any alcohol)

Me and my coworker met up with my manager who was completely in his alter ego, he had gold grill on his teeth and a huge chain with a gold watch. He already had a girl dancing with him. Well we sat down, ordered drinks (I ordered water) and I just observed. I took everything in, the smells, the colors, the women, my desire within me, and my anxiety of being in a novel environment which brought uncomfort. I observed all the men that engage in these activities. I even observed some women beyond their physicality, into their energies and body language, I sensed lower vibrations like shame, guilt, insecurity. And to note, all of this observation that night was all from a non judgemental non attached way, it was just curiosity. 

I sat all night in the same chair and just looked around for 3 hours, just appreciating the physical beauty. I was just appreciating from a detached not engaged way and it was great. I didn't get a lap dance, or a private room, or a massage or even tipped any women, I just sat there. Some girls approached me and asked if I wanted a dance and I politely declined and that was it. Nothing special. 

I probably won't step back into a strip club again, but if the strip clubs calls for me again then perhaps I must.

Oh and by the way, I was able to end the night without spending a single dime or drinking alcohol... ( even after the a lot of peer pressure from coworker/manager)

Thanks for reading! 

Nice work. This is seemingly denounced in spiritual circles since the far majority of strip clubs are a safe haven for toxic behaviour, completely antithetical to spiritual work. However, it’s important to recognise that the ego has these impulses and needs to learn to accept them. This may have been a very good start to scripting shadow sides to spirituality. I like your humility in this. 

I myself have never been to a strip club but have been near various things of the sort. Can be purifying to accept these sides of yourself. Also turns out to decrease their intensity.

6 hours ago, tommysalerno said:

Since I must search for truth everywhere,  even under my bed

I think you will really like a book called "Just Because Club" by Claude Needham.

I used to actually love strip clubs but recently they really creep me out. Just an unfortunate showing of humans fulfilling their needs in the most transactional and soulless way ever. I've met a lot of strippers and they generally have really sad circumstances. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

Sometimes you go to places or do or eat or interact with certain things just to further clarify that they no longer serve you. Other times there is another lesson. Shiva slept with a prostitute for a time, sometimes you need to go to the slums and plant a seed. Truth just is, nothing changes or defines it.

Edited by Quantum Toad

I have a few friends that are like that too, he even admitted to me that he's starting to suspect he's more sexual than a lot of other people. I think he would've never figured that out unless he actually tried it.