Holygrail

Seriously. what is the "now"?

40 posts in this topic

Every time i try to capture it, it's gone. I feel like it's actually nothing, but it's just an intuition and a feeling I get. Is the now even real?

You are into something. 

Since reality is constantly changing.. There is no " now." Because there is no static points. And of course that means there is no past or future either. 

But the opposite is true also relatively speaking. There is no now and there is a now. There is no past yet there is a past. There is no future yet there is a future. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Holygrail said:

Every time i try to capture it, it's gone. I feel like it's actually nothing, but it's just an intuition and a feeling I get. Is the now even real?

All that ^^ is happening in, and as, Now (you’re correct in a way, in that Now is no-thing). However... “The now” is a phrase that will always have you looking in the wrong place. Now is effortlessly all there is.

But yeah “the now” is not real — it’s a concept that serves as the barrier between past and present, which are actually just Now (not “the now”) appearing as past and present. Now is neither real nor unreal. Now is nondual awareness prior to anything — but it’s hardly accurate to describe is as consciousness or awareness, since it isn’t some thing — it’s certainly not “consciousness as I know it.” It cannot be known.

Now is all there is. Boundlessness; beginningless-endlessness. It can’t be gotten or found because it has no edges which one could be outside of.

Edited by The0Self

There is no such thing as present moment. What is it that's aware of what's happening 'in the now'? Consciousness! The Now is Consciousness. They are not separate things. Where is everything occuring? Within Consciousness. You are it.  

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

Just now, Holygrail said:

Every time i try to capture it, it's gone.

What is that thing that tries to capture the present moment? That's what you're looking for. Go find that. When you find yourself, you won't experience time as you did while being asleep. You will become lucid.

You are dreaming experiences into existence out of your own infinite imagination. The content of your dream is changing, but you are here, always. That is what's always present. The now is You.

The present moment is you, time is your dream.

”(...) Knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” ― Rumi

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

It's really nothing ;)

Now can't ever be gone. It's absolutely here always, for eternity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I like this framing of it from @Emerald.

The present moment not existing is the same as the present moment being the only thing that exists.

The present moment does not exist as in there is no separation between it and anything else that has a separate reality. The nature of thought is that it can create the illusion that there is separation. 

Experience without thought is "now". When you look at something you've never seen before (you've never really seen anything before) and you are taking it all in, that is without thought. There's an openness and inherent sense of wonder, allowing and love.

"Oh look, it's Jane." "Oh look, the neighbors dog is taking a crap on my lawn, dammit." -thought

There is no real distinction, again that's thought. You can only feel now, you can only see now. Thought deals with the felt and the seen, never can it feel and see. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

You cannot catch it because it's not going anywhere.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's really nothing ;)

Now can't ever be gone. It's absolutely here always, for eternity.

Even eternity is just Now appearing as eternity :). Now is all there is; absolute.

How can the now not be real ?

How could you live in the past and the future if you imagine it in your mind right now ?

O.o

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Something I am hallucinating and believing it's life. 

I also beleive in "world"  "guru Leo" "my family" "girlfriend" "friends".All appearances of one  black thing which in truth I am but I forgot to be fully immersed in "realness" of hallucination. 

Edited by Zeroguy

Is there anything happening that is not happening right now?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I also hallucinate about talking about "what is now", non duality, this forum and so much more to come. 

Since there is nothing but myself I have to keep illusion going on how I am talking with my imagined friends about my own hallucination. 

Edited by Zeroguy

Gotta love non duality kids. So smart. Kudos guys. 

Hello, still imagined guy here talking. 

Edited by Zeroguy

7 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

Gotta love non duality kids. So smart. Kudos guys. 

Hello, still imagined guy here talking. 

Do you want to be banned ?

Cause if you continue like this, you're gonna be :3

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Banned for Truth? 

Still made up guy talking. 

Hurts you does it? You can't fully be indulged and be mesmerized anymore? 

Can't pretend, act and lie? 

Including non duality talk with imagined people (you appearing as that, your own hallucination) about non duality. 

Edited by Zeroguy

Hit me non dualists my body is ready. Pleasure is all mine. 

Truth hurts, does it. Ofcourse it does because you got use to lie your entire life and don't really know anything else=hence your imaginary life and imagined spiritual quest. 

57 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Is there anything happening that is not happening right now?

Is there anything apparently happening that is actually happening "right" now? ;)

The end of wanting an answer to that is the end of the questioner/experiencer.

What is this? IS this? This? ____? ____!

Edited by The0Self