Tech36363

How do i ground myself ?

8 posts in this topic

Looks like not many people do this while in spiritual path , i wanted to know how do i ground myself and what does it mean 

A very straightforward way is let yourself flow with some of the basic day to day survival stuff for a few weeks without doing ANY spiritual work, getting groceries, work ethic, talking to strangers. The purpose is to see how you're really changing your life and seeing what is sticking. Being mindful about how you can contrast the grander more abstract lessons you've learned and being creative about how you can integrate them in simple life stuff.

What do any of those lessons mean if you don't find ways to put them into practice?

You'll always be surviving anyways, until you're not.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy so from what i understand is it to make yourself realize that you're just a human and should not go crazy from the realizations ?

also what does "If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him." mean ?

19 hours ago, Tech36363 said:

Looks like not many people do this while in spiritual path , i wanted to know how do i ground myself and what does it mean 

You seem pretty grounded by the way you ask this question. :) 

9 hours ago, Tech36363 said:

Only the grounded don't know the answer to this question.

It means that the Buddha is You, and there can be only one of You.

so from what i understand is it to make yourself realize that you're just a human and should not go crazy from the realizations ?

In a way that's helpful yes. You don't want to be lost in concepts, mind, and experience all the time. You still have to live you life, do you not?

It's complicated and has many interpretations. From what I understand it means once you've finally learned and embodied something, if you truly have embodied it that is; when you encounter that same thing again through a teacher or out "in the world" in some capacity you can "discard", or "let go", because if you've really transcended it will be realized that all of such things are illusions anyways, and there is only the purity of oneness.

Once again I am probably off the mark, I don't know the entire context of the quote I just thought it was interesting at a certain point in my life.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Practically speaking, grounding means working with the lower chakras and the issues connected to them, especially the first one. It is related to bodily survival and being grounded - well, your feet are your most direct connection with the earth. If you’re firmly standing on the earth, you’re grounded which in turn is reflected in your thoughts and actions. 
There are visualizations and guided meditations as well that help you connect to the earth. 

There are many ways to ground yourself.

For example. Grounding yourself in your body.

Which I think is very important, especially when you are a very rational person and find yourself being in your head a lot.

Or Grounding yourself in Truth.

Which has more to do with self-inquiry and becoming clear on who and what you are.