Ingit

I am thin--Getting bulkier Arm & forearm

3 posts in this topic

Hello Guys.... I need some suggestion from you.... I have thinner type of physique,,, No health problems...... and recently I lost from 61 to 57 Kg because most of the times I spend hours studying (Medical student) and eating not that much,,,,, I rarely eat fatty foods, Fried items, Colas and drink,,,Cuz I think they are harmful and bad for the body.... I joined Gym in Jan but was not able to continue because I don't get much time and Exams are near...... SO I want suggestions about HOw AT HOME can I get my body to shape especially getting those arms and forearms a little heavy and also Recommended daily diet and other home exercises.... Thank You 

?IngitScooby ?

Get some heavy kettlebells - 20kg, 24kg, 28kg and workout every other day. Check 'Lebe stark' on youtube or 'denis vasilev'. 

Make sure to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and aim for a total of 800 cal per meal. Be disciplined and don't skip meals/workouts. Make it a habit.

2400 cal is a great starting point at your weight. 

Eat a healthy and balanced diet, and make sure to eat enough protein. 

It's not rocket science. Just eat healthy, enough calories, enough protein, work out heavy and rest.

If you don't have time or energy to think about food and cooking, try meal prepping for dinner and try a high cal healthy smoothie for lunch. Get a high quality vegan protein powder as well. 

I use a pull up bar that I put inside a door frame. You can buy them on amazon. Get one that allows  you to do neutral grip pullups, and pay particular attention to holding that last rep to failure.. that will build your entire upper body fairly nicely strengthwise. I also do planks .. I can now hold a plank for 4 minutes, 30 seconds.. this will work the entire body when you hold them that long.. you'll feel it everywhere.  Thirdly.. get a trap bar and do trap bar deadlifts or squats. Alternately, do one legged bodyweight squat or lunge.  Forthly, get a dip bar and do dips.  This is really all you really need... it will get you above 95% of the general population fitness wise.  Beyond these basic compound exercises you will need weight equipment such as a bench and dumbbells, and a more elaborate setup best suited to join a gym.

None of this means you will get ripped though.. a lot of it is genetics..if you have fast metabolism you might have a well defined body but have a hard time building muscle. To really build muscle, lots of it, you have to put in my volume than I do. I just want to look reasonably good in a mirror, not be Mr. Olympian.

It's best to alternate between bulking and cutting. If you try to build muscle while eating a normal diet, it's not very effective. You must eat a calorie surplus during the bulk phase, and then go into a cut phase to lose the fat you gained. This is optimal. What you eat is not as important a good balance of protein, fat, and carbs, with the total calories being enough so you get a net surplus every day.

This is a good site that has lots of free info.... https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/

Edited by sholomar