Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alan Reji

What is Ego and Why do we have it?

4 posts in this topic

I'm starting to understand that everything is pure consciousness. And that "I" don't exist in reality but is an illusion, that ego is not real. If then, why do human beings have Ego? What is the need? And how did it come to existance?

@Alan Reji

It's just a game we play. Like children love to play pretending to be someone else.. Play long enough and you'll forget that you were only pretending. 

52 minutes ago, Alan Reji said:

why do human beings have Ego?

When a child plays being a pirate, there is no real pirate. The child doesn't have a pirate nor actually is a pirate. The "pirate" is nowhere to be found... Likewise, your ego is nowhere to be found. I mean, don't just take my word for granted, go look for yourself. Try to find your ego. 

53 minutes ago, Alan Reji said:

What is the need?

No need, like everything elsexD

Seems to be an evolutionary survival strategy.

Its a misidentification as this or that.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, Alan Reji said:

I'm starting to understand that everything is pure consciousness. And that "I" don't exist in reality but is an illusion, that ego is not real. If then, why do human beings have Ego? What is the need? And how did it come to existance?

In god realization video leo said life is basically like a game imagined by god. Therefore God purposefully limits itself and identifies itself with a limited being which becomes our human ego.. without this the game would loose all its fun and meaning.