Dazgwny

I’ve just lost a debate

17 posts in this topic

So I’ve just ended a working week and decided on a couple of pints in the pub. A lad decided to yap on about conspiracy theories, some bollocks about covid vaccines, the population all this type nonsense. I piped up, I don’t normally but I did. Anyway to cut a long story short he started saying ‘I thought u were quite an awake guy but actually u havnt got a clue’. He was chatting shit, we’re in a simulation all that crap. Theory after theory. I just said your God mate, and tried to rattle off a few of my awakenings, just basic, about the ego unraveling, that type thing. How he is actually me and I am him. Alls I got was that ‘yea yea yea I know we’re all one but we’re living separate lives and that’s what’s happening. I tried to bring into it about imagination, infinite imagination, and I was just put down as if I was a complete fool who wasn’t awake. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not awake. But I’ve had huge awakenings. And I just realised that I can’t talk to normal people about it, AT ALL! Because the so called ‘mainstream’ idea of being awake is that u see this that and the other about what’s going on in the world, the politics, the news, that’s being awake apparently. I can’t quite seem to get the message across of that awakening is awaking from the dream of life. It pained me, and made me think I’m just not gonna bother attempting anymore. Can’t be assed. Can’t be assed looking like a fool in the boozer over a couple of pints. Just do my own thing, go on my own journey if ya wanna put it that way. And fuck all of that off. I don’t have the word to explain infinity to ya average bloke. I wish I did but I don’t. If I kept going I seem like a fool. Even though I know he’s the fool. Struggled there I really did. Ah well never mind

If you told me you are me and i am you, i would say that same he did. That is true in one possible reality, but how many possible realities do you think there are? We are obviously not only one, even if we ultimately are one, we then become not one. I don't think talking about this infinite consciousness should be from the angle of we are one, bc that is only one truth. Even for those seeking it, and become one, and see one, they are also just one character. God itself is one character in infinite characters. Why talk to me about we are one, talk to me about my infinite possibilities within the one i know best, myself. Or, yourself... tell me your infinite possibilities. The fact is, god also deconstructed god. Just as you become enlightened to god, god has become enlightened to you. 

If you’re debating, you’ve already lost. People who debate aren’t open-minded.

@Dazgwny ?That made me laugh. Its so British. Who else uses the word bollocks! 

Edited by Jonty

I give up. I genuinely just give up! Fuck it. Fair play to the likes of Leo who tries to teach truth. Because I can’t even teach ya average joe in the boozer. They think I’m an idiot. That’s cool I get their point of view. But it doesn’t stop me knowing that they are fools

If you deeply and thoroughly embody the Truth, then you also realize that there is nothing that needs to be defended. If you realize there's absolutely nothing that needs to be defended because the Truth IS, then you're totally unconcerned about whether you appear as a winner or loser in a debate, discussion, dialogue, whatever... Then your 'opponent' could be coming up with the greatest arguments, or the wittiest comebacks or the most intelligent debate techniques, but you simply don't mind because you don't care about being seen as right or not. Then you could allow yourself to be totally decimated by your opponent because you realize there's absolutely nothing at stake. In fact, as far as you're concerned, there is no opponent; there's only the inquiry for Truth. You will in fact listen to the other and be interested in what he/she has to say, and as far as you are concerned there is only a constructive and interesting dialogue to be had. Paradoxically, your total lack of defensiveness will unintentionally make you seem as the superior in the discussion.

This would for instance a way to 'beat' Trump in a debate. In your mind, there's nobody to beat and nothing to win nor lose, but if you can totally stay unreactive in Trump's onslaught of social and emotional debate manipulations techniques, then you will appear as the one that is the winner of such a discussion, despite what you may or may not have said. You will then simply be totally unconcerned with anything he says or does. Trump's attachment to seem as the winner of a debate will then be his very downfall; It will then prove his vulnerability.

Actually, if you're actually coming from a place of just pure interest and inquiry, then that dynamic of you being superior wouldn't even apply, because you're not even taking on an ego of being 'above it all'. Trump may or may not show that he's taken aback by your total lack of reactivity, he may be able to hold on to the mask of his image to the world tightly enough as to not show any weakness or vulnerability, and the stubborn, die-hard Trump supporters will not acknowledge any defeat as they are too attached and close-minded, but you will have earned the respect of those being able to see past the political polarities that many have attached themselves to, and they will be able to see the purity and quality of your Being.

In fact, even if you show that some vulnerabilities within yourself get triggered, then if you're not going to try to hide it or compensate for it, you will still be able to show that you're not allowing yourself to get dragged down to play the same foolish game that Trump wants you to play and which he will almost always win in, and because you're able to hold that space of high integrity and Spirit, that also will still spark great respect from others.

Went a little bit on a ramble here, haha.

The point I'm trying to make here is... If you deeply know and embody the Truth, there will be nothing you need to defend. And because there is nothing to defend, there is no possibility of ever 'losing' a discussion. In fact, the whole matter of winning or losing a discussion doesn't apply.

Instead of trying to make the right decision, make your decisions right.

44 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

I give up. I genuinely just give up! Fuck it. Fair play to the likes of Leo who tries to teach truth. Because I can’t even teach ya average joe in the boozer. They think I’m an idiot. That’s cool I get their point of view. But it doesn’t stop me knowing that they are fools

You for sure like teaching your imaginary friends. ?

Yes you are the sane and smart one. ?

Edited by Zeroguy

Enlightenment seekers and gurus,will die from laughter.

I tried to speak "truth" to one of my friends a long time ago, he had not awoken before.. then when "we" actually realized God in a split second glimpse together, it was terrifying. It was an undeniable recognition of the truth behind the veil, but none of us acknowledged it because it was too real. You can talk about this as much as you want, and you can try to awaken others and act special and all. But when you really awaken, there is no you and him anymore, there is just God. Then you realize how big of a fool you actually were, to think you were more or less awakened than the fool from the bar.

I would probably be annoyed if you came into a bar and talked all of this spiritual nonsense. Words are energy. You trying to win an argument with your spiritual crap is the exact same energy as him with his conspiracy crap. 

But I’ll be honest. I do not think for one minute that anyone here, is awake at all. I genuinely do not think that any of yous, anyone, is awake. Not in the proper sense of what awake is. I’m not, don’t get me wrong. But jeezzz I’ve defo been awake, and clearly fell back to sleep. I have turned insane??‍♂️ Literally insane. And I don’t think people appreciate what insane actually means. But that aside. Ya know what. I’m just gonna crack on as I do, try to learn and try to have my own awakenings. Just crack on??‍♂️. That’s it, what more can ya do. Good night

@Dazgwny There's a word that's crept into our culture and seems to be everywhere at the moment, which is "woke" which is being aware of social injustices. I have a friend who thinks that being "woke" and an awakening are the same thing. Seems your mate might have the same idea! 

I was reading in the paper only the other day that Megan Markle is "woke". She doesn't strike me as a modern day sage though ?

Debating is a skill. The best thing you can do is continue your spiritual work and maybe, if you care about debating, pick up a few books about it & practice. 

I don't really have book recommendations, since I learned to keep this stuff to myself & maybe a few people who are into it too.

After all - people are put into mental hospitals for this kind of stuff.

Its not even wise to get into any type of discussion with people expecially when you see how they think and behave there are exceptions but this is not the one...saying i lost a debate shows you care about stuff that aren't even important (big ego stuff)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I’ll be honest yea it annoyed me. Ego stuff of course. But still, when ya so frustrated with foolishness, with like you say, the woke mentality, of supposedly being onto to all these supposed conspiracies an nonsense like that. And I’m like clenching my fists in frustration, not as in to punch, but just pure frustration at what’s being said without being able to counter it. I could and I did counter it, but ultimately I seemed woo woo and idiotic to the average materialistic mind. So yea I lost. Ah well never mind. Is what it is I’ll let it go. Lesson learned 

Edited by Dazgwny

'Who' cares?

Spiritual ego.

'Of course', you say. BUT!!!! It actually points to what needs work... in 'you' 

'Yeah I know that' 

So... are you going to again distract yourself with spiritual concepts? You know what to focus on.... 

Edited by Chris365

don't talk spirituality to the worldly unless asked... stop casting your pearls before swine ... you are messing with people's heads ... it is not helpful only harmful

learn how to love people instead, which means find out where they are at in their life ... love means to listen and to give and to expect nothing in return

if one day they  bring up the spiritual then you can share an insight perhaps tell them something of your direct experience with it, what works for you