Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

Looking for advice on building a YouTube audience (Peer support/Life Coach Business)

6 posts in this topic

An intermediate step in my life purpose is to create a “peer support” service for people. It may need to be marketed as something different due to legal reasons. It is similar to life coaching but geared toward areas where I have unique expertise. It is also going to be intended to be less formal than life coaching. The point of the service is to give guidance to those who value my perspective on key areas which my life experience has allowed or rather forced me to become an expert in. 

A first step with this is to build online presence. My primary platform which I see as being geared toward supporting this would be Youtube. Building a website and moving to all other major social media platforms would be steps to take early on or after a bit of foundation has been built. 

The main issue is not the value I can provide. This has been developed to a sufficient degree to aid clients in several areas. The issue is merely marketing and scale. I may end up creating an entirely new channel focused on this with a matching public image. I’ve heard TikTok is quite good for building online presence right now. I’m mainly looking for any good information related to building an online audience and stream of potential clients. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Analyzing, trial and error, influencer, connecting with experts, get the best resources using Google and books. I guess this is a skill itself. Ask Leo ;)

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

33 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Analyzing, trial and error, influencer, connecting with experts, get the best resources using Google and books. I guess this is a skill itself. Ask Leo ;)

Yeah, of course. I’m just seeing if anyone who found a few unusually beneficial techniques might be able to share some guidance. I’ve spent a good amount of time looking around about this stuff in the past. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I've heard facebook groups are the best way to do this. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I mean.... if you want to build a Youtube audience, the obvious answer is to make high-quality Youtube videos on a fairly frequent and consistent basis, no? You can't build a Youtube audience by posting on Facebook or any kind of "tricks." Time spent trying to build a TikTok audience would be better spent just making Youtube videos instead.

The thing with TikTok is yes you get tons of views. It's not hard to have a TikTok go viral and get millions of views. But TikTok is absolutely dog-shit abysmal in terms of engagement and actually getting people to take action. It's mostly just kids mindlessly scrolling through video after video. They won't actually follow links or check you out on other platforms.

Whether you're trying to grow a Youtube channel, a blog, or anything else, the answer is the same. Just provide an overwhelming amount of valuable, useful information to people for free. It's so simple that most people don't do it. They focus on trying a bunch of tricks and "hacks" that don't work half the time. Of course there are a few other important things like creating good thumbnails and titles, and picking good video topics. But that doesn't matter if you aren't putting out at least 2-3 videos per week when you're getting started.

There are also courses you can take that will teach you how to do it. I'm in one but it costs $449 per year, there's probably cheaper options on Udemy, Skillshare, etc.

Edited by Yarco

@BipolarGrowth Just clicked on your channel and I would suggest working on your thumbnails. That's a good starting to point to build out a brand. A branding "template" with recognizable colors or something consistent like your face helps as well.

It would be a shame to work hard on a video but then no one clicks on it because the thumbnail was half effort.