RMQualtrough

I don't think the infinitely good can make up for the infinitely bad

8 posts in this topic

The best feeling that could ever possibly felt, could never make up for the exact opposite. The fact of existence is terrible on those grounds.

Was just reading about vivisections performed on live humans in Japan etc. messed up experiments.

And what if other sentient beings in the universe are able to feel stronger pain than us? How bad can bad get? That will always outweigh the happy or blissed out feels that are possible on the other end.

Edited by RMQualtrough

I totally agree. I hope reality isn't infinite in that way, because there would be too much suffering.

It's up to you which corner of infinity you explore, what you focus on becomes your experience in an unconscious vicarious way. Reading about terrible things humanity went through and getting trapped in the misery of feeling helpless will give you emotional nightmares. Beware of the tendency to focus on suffering.

Help when you can in the Now, but let the past behind, what happened happened. Take it as a lesson. Do good and do not inflict harm upon anyone. That's enough. 

Be grateful for the fact that you are healthy, safe & not being tortured.

You are love, it's natural wanting everyone to be happy and not suffer. That's it, we cannot help everyone in this relative plane of dreams. We do what we can.

Much love, beautiful heart. ❤

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

All polar opposites balance each-other out perfectly.

Bliss and suffering. Heaven and Hell.  God and The Devil. All of those are perceived dualities. Only Oneness is Absolute.

In that sense; I'd say you're wrong. But I get what you mean. The bad screams in your face. While the good might be difficult to notice sometimes. But it's always there.

All the time fight for animal rights, help our little brothers and sisters, and consume all the goods consciously. Leave minimum trash afterward. What we humans do to them in the XXI century is unforgivable... It all starts with us.

@Kuba Powiertowski It does not matter it is too late. Enough atrocities have been carried out already, recently with ISIS but on a larger scale in WW2 and undoubtedly in ancient history. These events are occurring in the now since time is illusory.

it does not matter whether I am aware of any Absolute because 99% of people were not when they were dissected alive etc. All they knew was agony and fear. And that is imprinted and existent eternally, and that is what all of us have to endure since we are them. I am you. You are me you are they etc.

Edited by RMQualtrough

23 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

@Kuba Powiertowski It does not matter it is too late. Enough atrocities have been carried out already, recently with ISIS but on a larger scale in WW2 and undoubtedly in ancient history. These events are occurring in the now since time is illusory.

it does not matter whether I am aware of any Absolute because 99% of people were not when they were dissected alive etc. All they knew was agony and fear. And that is imprinted and existent eternally, and that is what all of us have to endure since we are them. I am you. You are me you are they etc.

How bad is the pain they felt?  Do you know?  Honestly?  Or is it just estimated in your mind.  This is really important to look at. Your likely putting yourself in suffering just thinking you know how bad they had it.  This is negative empathy. 

@RMQualtrough

They way i look at this is that the only true hell in this equation would be in the infinite. Anything finite can die, so there is nothing bad enough that can happen to you, nothing terrible enough in feelings, that death can't cure. Of course, i'm being very broad here for i guess someone can torture you in a way to keep you alive, but i would bet that even has a limit, but even if it didn't... one would know eventual death would take it away. 

The scary part is eternal suffering. If you can't die. But that begs the question can something that cannot die also suffer. Since i've never met anything under this banner, idk. But if i had to guess, i'd say no bc something eternal has enough time to figure out how to make the suffering go away. Actually, maybe that's why there is life in the finite sense... being finite takes away its suffering. Who knows.