Aaron Truth

OMFG! I Just Had My 2nd Awakening Experience a Minute Ago

27 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Pilgrimage of Self said:

But at the same time... reading this post made me feel sad as fuck because I've been meditating religiously for YEARSSS like 5 years. And I've been doing it every single day. The number of days I've missed are super low and I've been doing it mostly for 30mins per day. (when I started it was 20min). And still, there was ABSOLUTELY ZERO awakening experiences. Not even one. Even though I really want one.

You would be better off if you have been doing like special weekends when you meditate 12 hours a day, or do a month of meditation where you meditate 4 hours per day for a month.

Otherwise, you are not really aiming at Enlightment, but maybe stress/anxiety-management.

On 29/05/2021 at 5:43 AM, Pilgrimage of Self said:

Awesome! I'm happy for you bro keep going!

But at the same time... reading this post made me feel sad as fuck because I've been meditating religiously for YEARSSS like 5 years. And I've been doing it every single day. The number of days I've missed are super low and I've been doing it mostly for 30mins per day. (when I started it was 20min). And still, there was ABSOLUTELY ZERO awakening experiences. Not even one. Even though I really want one.

How much self-inquiry do you do?

11 hours ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

How much self-inquiry do you do?

Zero. Look, I know I haven't been super focused on chasing enlightenment. This is because I have a lot more pressing issues I've been struggling for years now. Namely, career, laziness, depression, just turned 28 and I'm still living with my parents etc.

I just thought with this much consistent practice and effort (easily 500+ hours) I'd at least get "some sort" of mystical experience. 

Guess I was wrong. 

Still it feels bad.

Edited by Pilgrimage of Self

@Pilgrimage of Self

When you start doing Vipassana the recommended path is something like that: you go on a 10-day meditation retreat, then after it practice meditation 2 times a day for 1 hour, you do that by reducing the amount you sleep by 1 hour, so it effectively takes only 1 hour from your day, then you strive to attend at least one 10-day retreat a year. Something like four 10-day retreats or one month-long would be ideal, but often not feasible.

The 4-hour a day, month-long retreats are cool too, they just require lots of determination.

I just thought with this much consistent practice and effort (easily 500+ hours) I'd at least get "some sort" of mystical experience

You would have, if you had done 5 x 100-hour long retreats. But 500 hours dispersed daily throughout 5 years? Unlikely.

Edited by Girzo

Wait till you see Jesus sharing some dmt with you KEKW !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them