karkaore

Can't recognise myself

14 posts in this topic

So strange.. Don't know how to describe it. Just can't recognise myself. Bodily sensations feel odd, almost alien. Thought patterns like soup. Any movement the body makes feel strange. Everything feels strange. Fog.

4 hours ago, karkaore said:

So strange.. Don't know how to describe it. Just can't recognise myself. Bodily sensations feel odd, almost alien. Thought patterns like soup. Any movement the body makes feel strange. Everything feels strange. Fog.

There are some strong energies working right now. Make sure to cultivate the spirits of love, truth and peace. Be gentle with yourself and enjoy the small things. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

2 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

Did something trigger it? How and when did it start?

There was no one particular trigger. I sort of happened to slide into it over time. One book in particular had a huge impact. Leo's videos, contemplation. All the usual stuff. Had maybe around 40trips in the last 3 years or so.

Can't say I enjoy this.. gets real tense at times.

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

There are some strong energies working right now. Make sure to cultivate the spirits of love, truth and peace. Be gentle with yourself and enjoy the small things. 

?

2 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

Could be de-realization / depersonalization.

Thank you for this. I fit the description almost perfectly.

Way out?

36 minutes ago, karkaore said:

There was no one particular trigger. I sort of happened to slide into it over time. One book in particular had a huge impact. Leo's videos, contemplation. All the usual stuff. Had maybe around 40trips in the last 3 years or so.

Can't say I enjoy this.. gets real tense at times.

Intense how ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

Intense how ?

In a form of something like anxiety..? panic would fit the description to some extent too.

How does exercise or dancing feel like? Does something feels ok? 

4 hours ago, Human Mint said:

How does exercise or dancing feel like? Does something feels ok?

Am committed to exercise, although it doesn't really affect this. Not as far as I am aware.

This state is not linear. It comes and goes in periods of weeks/months or something close to that.

Yes, on good days many things are enjoyable. Music, simply taking a shower.. man, the things that come to me in the shower. xD

Music is genius. I get so immersed in the sound it freaks me out, but it's also pleasurable.

The mere intensity of all this is what causing the ego to freak out and start panicking. And I am not particularly doing any practices pretty much for 8months or so. 

@karkaore  I think you should start making art and dance more.

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

Everything which has to do with the 5 senses is grounding. Treating and stimulating these senses in a healthy way might help. As it already was said, moving your body, listening to music, dancing. But also cooking and enjoying some nice food, stretching, being close to nature, smelling the flowers, creative work. Really mindfully perceiving everything and taking it all in. Maybe this will help you to drop the thoughts about yourself and inspire you to create something amazing. ??

10 hours ago, karkaore said:

Thank you for this. I fit the description almost perfectly.

Way out?

Normally it's caused by lots of stress or a traumatic event, so in your case I would slow down with psychedelics and spirituality.

Try to ground yourself like @EmptyVase suggested. Learn to identify the symptoms and listen to your emotions, maybe start a journal to find some clarity.

It really depends on how strong your symptoms are, if it's a weak case, usually after a short time it will fade away. But if you have strong symptoms over longer periods, you should seek professional help to deal with it.