AleksM

Demonizing pleasure seeking

2 posts in this topic

I think that Leo demonized pleasure seeking too much in the past. This can present a problem and I think @Leo Gura should address this and explain about it more in a video. I watched a lot of videos and there is an example of that in like 1/6 of the videos. If you view pleasure as wicked, this can lead to a lot of suppression. The ego eventually comes back, and then it's stronger than ever before and this can lead a guilt trip. 

If you work hard and then reward yourself with something pleasurable, it's good. You can feel better than before when you take a break to enjoy the pleasures of life. Pleasure seeking is a part of us and it's better accept it. When we  accept it, we can avoid pleasure seeking to spiral out of control. We gain more control over our life, enjoy healthier things and get more pleasure out of them. So all parts of ourselves are satisfied.  

I find in my experience in general speaking is that the ego aka desire is insatiable and the more you feed it the more it seems to beg for more. some level of balance might prolly be healthy tho but not as easy to define as it looks