Grateful Dead

The Way of the Psychonaut

5 posts in this topic

In this journal I am going to share everything I have learned and am still learning about and from psychedelics.

For the past eight years I have used psychedelic drugs to shape my life. With every big decision or event that happened in my life, I used psychedelic drugs to point me in the right direction. I have built everything up around the insights that I have gained from the experiences and also examined most of my past, in order to better understand it.

At this point I have 150+ psychedelic experiences and have read many books/articles on the subject.

For the first years I always tripped with my two best friends, spending most of the time in nature. After a few years my friends lost interest in psychedelics and I started doing solo sessions.

From the beginning I knew that psychedelics, for me are the key to explore life.

Naturally I contemplated all the questions I had on my mind since I was very young, like "who am I?", or "what is the purpose of life?". And for a while I thought I had the answers...

until I discovered spirituality and came across Actualized.org, what opened a whole new world for me.

So what I will share here will be like a guide to sustainable psychedelic experiences mixed with and insights about life which I got from those experiences.

Hopefully this will give me more clarity and maybe some people even benefit from it.

#1 Intention

Intent or intention is in many ways a key to understanding any state of consciousness and probably the most important point for a sustainable experience.

If our perception is not directed by conscious intention or interest, it can be caught or even tied up.

So you want to be crystal clear about why you are going into this experience.

Formulate a clear goal, intention, or question for the experience. It is usually best to only focus on a single topic or question at a time.

About a week before the trip, I take time to go inside, to find out what interests me most at the moment.

What is my heart longing for right now? If you just wanna have fun and a good time, thats fine too!

When you know why and for what you are having this experience right now, it appears in a different context. You will know the way and be less confused.

But don't confuse intention with expectation. You shouldn't make any expectations about the trip, just be curious about what will happen.

Examples: "Self realization", "How can I become more conscious?", "Healing", "What do I want from life?", "What does it mean to love?", "What is the difference between real and unreal?", "What is God?", "What is Meditation?", "What is Love?".

Anecdote on the power of Intention:
Two years ago when I really wanted to know what time is, I had four connected dreams over the course of a week. But as soon as I woke up I couldn't remember anything. On Saturday I went to a techno club with a friend. We took MDMA and danced for hours it was a great night. Then at some point my friend came from behind, put his hand on my shoulder and speaks something in my ear. At that moment, all the dreams of the past week came back into my consciousness and it came together like a puzzle. The dream was about the night I was going through at the moment. Some things have already happened, but others were still going to happen and I was able to predict several events for my friend in detail. This deeply impacted me and made me realize, that everything is happening RIGHT NOW.

(MDMA is technically not a psychedelic but I always smoke weed on it and dance myself into trance)

On 26.5.2021 at 10:31 PM, acidgoofy said:

At this point I have 150+ psychedelic experiences and have read many books/articles on the subject.

Interesting Journal! ;) What was for you the best book or article you read about psychedelics? For me it was Baches "LSD and the Mind of the Universe".

Edited by Gneh Onebar

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

@Raptorsin7@Gneh Onebar

Thanks guys :) Hopefully this week I'll have some time to write more...

On 3.6.2021 at 9:04 AM, Gneh Onebar said:

What was for you the best book or article you read about psychedelics? For me it was Baches "LSD and the Mind of the Universe".

'LSD and the Mind of the Universe' is also my favorite book about psychedelics. I am re-reading it for the 3th time right now and am still finding more and more golden nuggets :D .

It's very similar to what Leo experienced. Both use different vocabulary and have sometimes taken different paths, but basically both tell the same story.