ivankiss

I think I should be able to see my face.

50 posts in this topic

A while ago I had this profound realization that I do not view the world through my eyes. It was so obvious to me; this whole thing is conscious of itself. There is no need for eyes.

God simply is. And one of the qualities of being is consciousness. The ability to see and (to various degrees) recognize oneself. And it's instantaneous. It's now. Seeing and that which is seen are indistinguishable.

But as always; there is a trick.

And the trick that makes you believe you're over here looking at the world with your eyes is, quite simply; blur.

What is blur? Google says; it's when something is unclear or less distinct. Something that cannot be perceived clearly.

Hmm.

Rings any bells?

It's all consciousness, baby. And that which is blurred; is simply the degree to which consciousness is asleep to itself. You had your dmt trips. You know what I'm talking about. There are no blurry corners in the Light of God... -Or so they report.

I've been exploring this and playing around with it a bit. Simply by staring into the deep nothingness and breathing my way around. And it occurred to me in one moment that me not seeing my face, or Ivan's face - if you will - is not a coincidence. It is yet another trick of consciousness.

I can recall memories... instances of being fully conscious of my head/face. As if I was looking into a mirror. But better. Much, much better. It was unlike anything...

None of us has ever seen our own faces, actually. We only see a very limited, distorted reflection of it. Be it in a mirror, a picture or whatever... But to be conscious of it directly is beyond anyone's wildest imagination.

So I'm wondering now; am I onto something here..? I think I am.

Can anyone relate?

Edited by ivankiss

Exodus 33:20
But He said, “You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!" xD

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

What the hell are you talking about?  This is nonsense.

I've realized that I have no face :'D

I'm imagining it 24/7

Now, what to do with this realization? I don't know lol

Edited by blankisomeone

@Anahata Hmm..

@kinesin I'm saying you can see your face the same way you can see your hand. Without any eyes.

Edited by ivankiss

2 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

I've realized that I have no face :'D

There is an epic band called 'the faceless'.

...Yeah, that's kinda the default setting. There seems to be no face in direct experience. And I'm questioning that.

1 minute ago, ivankiss said:

@kinesin I'm saying you can see your face the same way you can see your hand. Without any eyes.

Only because you've seen it before with your eyes, and your brain used that visual sense data to build a detailed model which it can recall at any time.  If you'd been born without eyes, your brain would have built a similar 3D model of your face based on sense-data from the times you touched it, although it would be different in nature than the visual model.

2 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

...Yeah, that's kinda the default setting. There seems to be no face in direct experience. And I'm questioning that.

Replace 'face' with 'asshole' and you might see just how absurd what you're saying really is.

@kinesin Someone got triggered xD

I'm not buying that story, sorry.

No brains, no eyes.

Consciousness, only.

@ivankiss Triggered?  You didn't think I was calling you an asshole, did you?  I meant your literal asshole.  The reason you can't see your face in your conscious experience is the same reason you can't see your asshole at all times - your eyes aren't pointed toward it.  Nothing more.

The only reason you have any concept of anything resembling visual images is because your eyes contain photoreceptive cells which detect photons, and your brain has a visual system which processes that input data into 3D models.  If you're under the impression that eyes or photoreceptors aren't necessary in order to see visual photon-based images, you're mistaken - your ability to do so is entirely dependent on the fact that you do indeed have eyes, and you've spent your entire life looking at things.

@ivankiss

Just now, ivankiss said:

There is an epic band called 'the faceless'.

What appears to be the "perception of the body is the whole visual field, not just your human form. When you look in the mirror you do not see just your body, you see the whole Body : 'the human body', the ceiling, the walls, your hair, your eyes, your head, your hands and maybe another person that happens to be around at that moment haha and everything that surrounds the mirror itself. The whole experience/everything you're directly conscious of which includes the visual field is not separate from the perception of the human body. It's like when you dream at night. You are dreaming up the whole thing but you've been identifying with the human body. When you recognize everything you're experiencing as being your body that's when you become fully sentient. You recognize reality as being your dream and then you realize that you are formless, you are the dreamer. :x

Much love :P

Edited by Anahata

@Anahata Thanks. I see what you mean. But still. The face. It can be seen - something tells me xD

It could be as simple as a shift in perspective. Imagine a birds eye view. 

@Someone here Thanks, will check.

And the idea that you view the world through your eyes is part of your dream too. :P The power of consciousness is fascinating, it can fool itself into believing there is a physical reality which is being perceived by human senses ^^ But when the God-realization comes the joy is indescribable. One of the most mind-boggling & divinely blissful recontextualization. God becoming conscious of his true identity, the creator of identities :P:x

58 minutes ago, Anahata said:

Exodus 33:20
But He said, “You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!" xD

:o:o:oxD???

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Just now, ivankiss said:

@Anahata Thanks. I see what you mean. But still. The face. It can be seen 

When you look into someone's eyes.

When you want for things to be more mystical than they are, all you're doing is blinding yourself to reality.

Yeah, you're imagining it, until you aren't. Once the experience is over, it turns into imagination. It couldn't be any other way. Even saying "the experience is over" is imagination. So many layers.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho