Tangerinedream

Fear of ageing as a woman

63 posts in this topic

On 11/06/2021 at 6:29 PM, Zeroguy said:

@Etherial Cat Really? 

Isn't it just your belief, fundamentally? 

Are you trying to convince yourself in that? 

Nope. It's sort out automatically bigots and leave you with the best pool. A smaller pool, but better quality pool.

The job of a woman is to always find the best suitor. Most men interested in you is somewhat spam pretending to be a match. But you ain't compatible.

If a man adopts low-key disempowering or objectifying narrative, he's no catch. That's it. :) 

On 11/06/2021 at 9:42 PM, Windappreciator said:

Nothing wrong with being an older women, you guys.

A man with a disintegrated anima will attack women for control. Claiming that a woman is too "old" is typically an attempt of pedestal dragging.

But that's exactly what I mean by a man not being a catch by behaving that way. 

Women are women from 20 to 80. A 20 year old will turn a 80 year old if lucky.

Good men treat woman well from childhood to death. 

2 hours ago, Harlen Kelly said:

@Zeroguy Yes, pretty typical self-deception mechanism with older women.

Yeah.... all predictable man. 

Nothing new under the sun. 

Edited by Zeroguy

36 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

A man with a disintegrated anima will attack women for control. Claiming that a woman is too "old" is typically an attempt of pedestal dragging.

Yes

I am a female and turn 40 in September. I've thought a lot about aging since I'll probably live to be 90, given my genetics and current state of health. Although I definitely see signs of aging, many people where I live think I'm in my mid-to-late twenties. I take high-quality vitamins with higher-than-typical amounts of copper, eat a healthy diet, try to exercise (still working on that), am in good health, and subscribe on YouTube to this dermatologist. I also add a moringa/wheatgrass supplement to my smoothies. Combined with the copper, I have avoided dying my hair as I don't have as much gray as I did before using it. Except for the vitamins, most things I do cost little or nothing -- but in my opinion, the vitamins are a worthy investment into my health and well-being. You may have different priorities, which is fine. 

On the emotional level, I've had to deal with my mortality, the fact that I've never had a kid, and the fact that there are people out there that think I have less value because I've hit a certain age. My strategies in that order were acceptance, grieving the loss, and avoiding people who do not serve me. I think most people go through a review process as they grow older; that's normal. I am satisfied with my health and looks and attract others who feel the same about themselves and me.

Edited by Nobody_Here

1 hour ago, Etherial Cat said:

:)

drink 2-3 litres of water per day 

Use spf 30+ during the day and limit sun exposure 

Bulgarian rose face cream 

Sleep with silk eye mask and try to avoid sleeping on your side 

start day with lemon water 

Don’t smoke and cut down on alcohol 

Try and stay stress free by excercising, yoga, quigong, meditation 

spend time in nature 

I heard evening primrose oil is supposed to be good but I didn’t try taking that yet 

On 12/06/2021 at 0:41 AM, intotheblack said:

drink 2-3 litres of water per day 

Use spf 30+ during the day and limit sun exposure 

Bulgarian rose face cream 

Sleep with silk eye mask and try to avoid sleeping on your side 

start day with lemon water 

Don’t smoke and cut down on alcohol 

Try and stay stress free by excercising, yoga, quigong, meditation 

spend time in nature 

I heard evening primrose oil is supposed to be good but I didn’t try taking that yet 

Most effective trick is using RetinA + vitamin c serum.

I also use +50 spf because my face has freckles.

3 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Most effective trick is using RetinA + vitamin c serum.

I also use +50 spf because my face has freckles.

I sometimes use retinol, my skin always changes, so I have different products depending on how it’s being lol.  But I always stick to rose cream and an spf.  Lately I’m using salicylic acid because I’ve been breaking out, that’s really drying on my skin though so this hydrating rose cream goes well with it. 

On 12/06/2021 at 1:07 AM, intotheblack said:

I sometimes use retinol, my skin always changes, so I have different products depending on how it’s being lol.  But I always stick to rose cream and an spf.  Lately I’m using salicylic acid because I’ve been breaking out, that’s really drying on my skin though so this hydrating rose cream goes well with it. 

RetinA and retinol is not exactly the same. RetinA is more potent and only available on prescription.

But yes, your routine otherwise seems pretty solide. I've got also some rosehip oil which does wonders. 

I'm very minimalistic when it comes to skin care, so I'm basically alternating between RetinA and Cera-v type of ultra potent hydrating cream. The rest is accessory. I love using also Mario Badescu as an exfoliating tool for the body. And that's pretty much it.

Just now, Etherial Cat said:

RetinA and retinol is not exactly the same. RetinA is more potent and only available on prescription.

I remember getting a retinA gel for acne when I was a teenager from the doctor. Is that not really drying on your skin though? Does it work for wrinkles? 

On 12/06/2021 at 1:18 AM, intotheblack said:

I remember getting a retinA gel for acne when I was a teenager from the doctor. Is that not really drying on your skin though? Does it work for wrinkles? 

Yes! I also got it prescribe first as a teenager

Basically RetinA makes your skin shed and pushed it to produce cells on a constant basis. At first, your skin is looking absolutely awful but after enough material has been discarded you're left with incredible skin.

And yes, it does work for wrinkles. As long as they are not too deeply established. Hold on, lemme introduce you to Melissa. :D

https://youtu.be/dqkt9rYtt2Q

2 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Yes! I also got it prescribe first as a teenager

Basically RetinA makes your skin shed and pushed it to produce cells on a constant basis. At first, your skin is looking absolutely awful but after enough material has been discarded you're left with incredible skin.

And yes, it does work for wrinkles. As long as they are not too deeply established. Hold on, lemme introduce you to Melissa. :D

https://youtu.be/dqkt9rYtt2Q

Melissa looks amazing, can’t believe she’s 61. Totally glowing and radiant. Now I need to get me some retinA ?

So do you have to keep getting it from the doctor every time or can you get it online? 

On 12/06/2021 at 1:30 AM, intotheblack said:

Melissa looks amazing, can’t believe she’s 61. Totally glowing and radiant. Now I need to get me some retinA ?

So do you have to keep getting it from the doctor every time or can you get it online? 

Right. When I saw Melissa for the first time I was like... "I'm gonna use than thing forever"! xD.

I'm european and it happened that in 2017 I spent a few weeks in Greece where it's available without prescription. I bought a dozen pack and brought them back and I'm still living out of the supply. :D 

You basically need to find a way to get it somewhere for the best quality/price ratio available. I've heard its very cheap in Mexico, so If you're american, think of loading your bag with them while traveling to Tulum or Cebo.

@Etherial Cat I’m also In Europe B| what brand did you get? Maybe I can find online.  I did just find some on a pharmacy website but don’t know if it’s any good. 

So you are not afraid of aging and you accept this process naturally and yet.... gotta love egos.Hahaha

1 minute ago, Zeroguy said:

So you are not afraid of aging and you accept this process naturally and yet.... gotta love egos.Hahaha

I can accept ageing but I can’t accept having skin like leather, that I will fight lol 

On 12/06/2021 at 1:38 AM, intotheblack said:

@Etherial Cat I’m also In Europe B| what brand did you get? Maybe I can find online.  I did just find some on a pharmacy website but don’t know if it’s any good. 

Airol is what I got in Greece. It has different names everywhere but the formula is kinda the same. In Switzerland, I think I had the usual Retin-A but it got discontinued and hard to get.

On 12/06/2021 at 1:39 AM, Zeroguy said:

I'm afraid of aging.

But I'm not afraid of aging for low quality men's attention. This I don't give a damn B|. I've got no time for this rubbish when there are non dual Chads hanging around- so sorry!

You're afraid of aging too. All ego are. Aging challenge your self-image, your sense of self, and reminds you of your mortality.