King Merk

I’m Done With Actualized.org

48 posts in this topic

My hierarchy of needs looks like swiss cheese

LMAO

10 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Bro, meditating 20-30min a day is not going to prevent you from achieving these goals. It will only enhance your life in a most positive way.

Regards ?

I agree 100%. Definitely going to continue my meditation habit.

The game of survival cannot be won. 

10 hours ago, Snader said:

It's great to be honest with yourself!

There's no shame in withdrawing to sharpen your sword, especially when your success very well depends on the sharpness of your sword.

You made the right call, and if you didn't, you'll learn something crucial, which will make it the right call :)

Thank you for the reflection(:

I love the sword analogy.

That’s exactly how I feel about what I’m doing. I feel as if my sword has become too dull for the battle I’m waging and it’s time to take a step back and sharpen it once again.  

11 hours ago, Vision said:

@King Merk

Let us know if your change in goals has changed your quality of life.

Do you feel like you're making more progress now that you're focusing on the basics? 

Would you say you are "happier" now that you feel like you're on the path to building a solid foundation? 

I think it’s a little too early to tell right now wether I’m progressing more. I will follow up with a reply to that in the future.

That said I do feel more confident in my newfound intentions. 

I wouldn’t say I’m necessary happier but focusing on my lower/foundational needs and skills does feel more “right” too me.

More authentic.

More what I “should” be doing.

I’m too curious and addicted to Leo’s content to not watch it, but you’re right. Basics come first. 

You don't need to completely quit actualized.org, also many people provide insights with basic things here. I personally watch most of the videos and read this forum sometimes, but I mostly focus on basic things. I never did any deep spiritual thing (meditation retreat, psychedelics, etc), I'm keeping that for later.

37 minutes ago, King Merk said:

I love the sword analogy.

That’s exactly how I feel about what I’m doing. I feel as if my sword has become too dull for the battle I’m waging and it’s time to take a step back and sharpen it once again. 

Haha yeah!

Take your time. Polish the armor. Train your horse. Eat well. Drink wine. Enjoy women. Rest. 

You're the warlord, you decide the pace. See you when you're ready! :D

11 hours ago, Tim R said:

@King Merk Very good. Many people neglect working on the basics and it takes a lot of wisdom to know when to stop and take care of other important things.

Thank you for sharing that, this is very true and has so many areas of application.

In sports how many athletes are overly focused on flashy moves rather than the simple fundamental skills.

In nutrition how many people are overly focused on supplementation and fad diets rather than the simplicities of eating whole foods that are minimally processed.

In dating how many people are overly focused on canned pick-up lines and special techniques instead of simply developing themselves to be attractive human beings.

In the spiritual field how many people are holding the beliefs about how the self is an illusion and that everything is God while still struggling with meditating on a daily basis (me lol).

The list goes on and on and on.

Back to the basic(: 

11 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@King Merk What wall are you running into on your path? What have you gained from your spiritual practice and what is different about you now compared to when you started?

Were you working alone or did you have a teacher?

What have I gained from my spiritual path/what is different???

Short answer: everything.

A limited list of benefits I’ve seen would include.

• Less anxiety 
  • More clarity/focus 
  • Integration of rejected parts of myself 
  • Emotional healing and better emotional regulation
  • Better physical health
  • Better relationships 
  • Less needy/clingy 
  • Much calmer mind
  • More mental fortitude/resilience 
  • Im now secure in solitude. I’m taking a more authentic path in life as well as more comfortable being physically by myself. 

Really man the list goes on. My spiritual transformation has seeped into every single area of my life and benefited me tremendously.

How I’ve gotten here:

• Meditation (including retreats)
  • Psychedelics (LSD, shrooms, DMT)
  • Trauma Therapy
  • Getting Coaching/Hiring Mentors
  • Coaching and observing others and recognizing common pitfalls 
  • Cleaning up my diet 
  • Reading 100+ books 
  • Endless hours of self reflection  

What wall am I running into on my path:

• It’s difficult to focus on self inquiry when I’m stressing about always being behind on my rent
  • Lack of mental focus/clarity and being unable to afford metal detoxing protocols or an entirely organic diet 
  • Turning everything on my spiritual path into a belief system and mental masterbating over it rather than doing the practices (lack of discipline)
  • not having the time to do really put into consciousness pursuits because I’m working 50-60 hours per week just make make ends meet

Really my biggest “walls” I’m hitting are around time and money. I need more freedom to pursue my spiritual growth at a higher level. To obtain this freedom I need to hone myself so I can provide more value to the world and therefor be rewarded financially.

I know all that’s probably a jumbled mess but hopefully that answers your questions.

My root system needs strengthened before I can grow proper branches. 

9 hours ago, Waves said:

I've also realized that being so involved with self-help made me too one-dimensional, too on the "How-to" side, whereas I'd like to be more well-rounded, like a renaissance man, exploring various domains of life and developing passions. Go make it happen, good luck!

Man. This part especially is a super relatable. It’s so hard for me to do things if I can’t see a practical end result.

i relate

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I made the decision not to go fully into the spirituality. I am glad I made the right decision. The only spiritual practice I do is meditation. The basics are what I am focused on. When you master the basics, you will be equipped and ready to engage in spirituality.

wise decision. I'm exactly the same - my primary focus is on stages blue/ORANGE in order to work my ass off to create financial prosperity.

Although, I'm not abandoning actualized.org as here I find very good advice on career/life purpose. And, I'm not quitting spirituality as it's the core of my being. 

I'm meditating daily, tripping regularly, fasting, connecting with nature. These practices don't hinder my financial pursuits; quite the contrary, spirituality helps me enormously, and in every area of my life. 

I would advise to be strategic about your primary needs and then think through what spiritual practice could help you along the way.

softly into the Abyss...

I believe a lot of people here using actualized form as an escape and addiction (Spiritual bypass) from daily life.

Its a big challenge when we are hungry for Truth.

It can, and is overwrite the basics.

People who have an authentic burning desire for Truth sometimes simply don't care for life and survival. and they know it very well and still they want the Truth.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:23 AM, OneIntoOne said:

I believe a lot of people here using actualized form as an escape and addiction (Spiritual bypass) from daily life.

Yea I’ve def done that

On 5/26/2021 at 6:25 AM, Dayo said:

I made the decision not to go fully into the spirituality. I am glad I made the right decision. The only spiritual practice I do is meditation. The basics are what I am focused on. When you master the basics, you will be equipped and ready to engage in spirituality.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:03 AM, Intraplanetary said:

wise decision. I'm exactly the same - my primary focus is on stages blue/ORANGE in order to work my ass off to create financial prosperity.

Although, I'm not abandoning actualized.org as here I find very good advice on career/life purpose. And, I'm not quitting spirituality as it's the core of my being. 

I'm meditating daily, tripping regularly, fasting, connecting with nature. These practices don't hinder my financial pursuits; quite the contrary, spirituality helps me enormously, and in every area of my life. 

I would advise to be strategic about your primary needs and then think through what spiritual practice could help you along the way.

Love what you two said here. That’s the move for sure. Really focus on developing the tier one stages on the spiral/lower needs of Maslow’s hierarchy.

And I agree continuing to mediate/do psychedelics/etc but not making it my number 1 priority any more.

I’m just realizing there’s more to life than awakening/enlightenment. At least in the relative sense. 

It's been 3 days.

You sure you're done ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin yea I’m not “done” in the sense that I’m no longer on the forum but I’m “done” in the sense that I’m no longer prioritizing enlightenment pursuits.

Focusing more on the lower needs. 

Just now, King Merk said:

@Shin yea I’m not “done” in the sense that I’m no longer on the forum but I’m “done” in the sense that I’m no longer prioritizing enlightenment pursuits.

Focusing more on the lower needs. 

Ok then I completely misunderstood you post,

I apologize :3

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin it was a little click-baity ;) 

So I definitely understand the misunderstanding. Thanks for reading Shin(: